Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Gun violence appears to be decreasing because of the DOJ revising how crimes are reported.

Chicago and Milwaukee are good examples of how full of crap you are about gun violence declining.

I'm for gun ownership, but I don't want the lunatics I know running around with bullets. They're irresponsible people who are dying to kill something.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Gun violence appears to be decreasing because of the DOJ revising how crimes are reported.

How did the Department of Justice revise how homicides are reported?

Chicago and Milwaukee are good examples of how full of crap you are about gun violence declining.

There are isolated pockets of high gun deaths but the overall trend has been downward for decades.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm for gun ownership, but I don't want the lunatics I know running around with bullets. They're irresponsible people who are dying to kill something.

Overall "gun violence" (all violence really) has been declining. That large cities with strict gun control and full of criminal element, generational poverty, and liberalism remain high points of violence whereas the more rural, legal gun owning regions surrounding them have seen a decline, actually seems to support the premise that gun control and feel good liberal policies actually do not help the problem at all.

If you remove these huge bastions of violence, usually centered around the drug trade, the violent crime rate in the rest of the country approaches that of Western Europe. A Swede in northern Minnesota has the same risk of murder as a Swede in Sweden.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I worked with a lot of lunatics who wanted concealed carry in my state. Now that we have it I do not feel safer. I feel less safe. Some of my coworkers were crazy.

What state is it? We can compare statistics before and after CCW came into effect.

Statistically we know that licensed CCW holders commit less crime than the rest of the population. Why? Well. logically, someone who is law abiding enough to pass the checks and responsible enough to go through the training to qualify is less likely to be criminal, irresponsible, or crazy. The criminal, the irresponsible, the crazy carry illegally already--right now--and don't care about the legal process.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I worked with a lot of lunatics who wanted concealed carry in my state. Now that we have it I do not feel safer. I feel less safe. Some of my coworkers were crazy.

What state is it? We can compare statistics before and after CCW came into effect.

Statistically we know that licensed CCW holders commit less crime than the rest of the population. Why? Well. logically, someone who is law abiding enough to pass the checks and responsible enough to go through the training to qualify is less likely to be criminal, irresponsible, or crazy. The criminal, the irresponsible, the crazy carry illegally already--right now--and don't care about the legal process.

All of what you say makes sense.
So it will mean nothing to the anti-gun crowd.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Just where is it that you live.... with so many lunatics dying to kill something?
I hope that they don't learn about the existence of other lethal substances that are currently unrestricted... like flamethrower.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm not saying there should be no CCW. I am saying that I don't want one of these nuts I used to work with carrying a gun. They are wannabe law enforcement and crazier than s***.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm not saying there should be no CCW. I am saying that I don't want one of these nuts I used to work with carrying a gun. They are wannabe law enforcement and crazier than s***.

By whose definition?

Do you restrict civil rights on people whom you do not like or should you have definite cause?

Under Jim Crow, getting a handgun permit was subjective so the sheriff could deny a purchase permit to the negroes he just KNEW were dangerous and untrustworthy. Is that what you want to go by?
edit on 3-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I worked with these guys for 23 years in a peripheral law enforcement job. It was my job to know bats*** crazy. I worked with the mentally ill.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I worked with these guys for 23 years in a peripheral law enforcement job. It was my job to know bats*** crazy. I worked with the mentally ill.

So you restrict someone's civil rights because you think they are bat# crazy or do you have to prove irrationality. I may "know" john is a criminal. Can I just lock him up?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So you restrict someone's civil rights because you think they are bat# crazy or do you have to prove irrationality. I may "know" john is a criminal. Can I just lock him up?

Boy, you are really rabid. I'm done talking to you. I don't like how aggressive you are.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What is your field Dr.?
Dept Justice =Holder= propaganda to scare you worse that you already are. He is COMPROMISED no doubt by sleep deprivation by PC nazis creating lone wolf shooters who DON'T EXIST like they tell you WE ARE. Do you know a person who is being pushed to far but is SO nice?

There you go...
edit on 3-8-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Boy, you are really rabid. I'm done talking to you. I don't like how aggressive you are.

Someone asking you a question constitutes being 'rabid' and 'aggressive'?

No wonder you think everyone is crazy.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

he asked you a question....

more specifically, he asked you to apply a certain standard of proof to your claims.....he asked you to take civil liberties, jurisprudence, and correct legal procedure for determining guilt or innocence into consideration....

asking you to be reasonable, thoughtful, and rational, ISN'T being "rabbid", or "aggressive"

i mean, if the law was based on individual's personal beliefs, and feelings, we'd have war on the streets all day, every day, until we were all f**king dead..
edit on 8-3-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That's silly. I'm simply drawing out a thought process. If you think that is "aggressive" and frightens you, then I think we all have an insight into your fears of your fellow man.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

It's called HOPLIPHOBIA a fear of the military and war,also what you fear is how vets talk,we win for a reason it is a powerful state of will we all carry it and it sometimes repels sensitive people.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is a fun place to live :

girlsjustwannahaveguns.com...

WE will not have a problem here."Haunt" might because he wasn't and can't be trained to fight like a US military veteran.OH everybody has an opinion but guns are here to stay and THAT IS FINAL.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yeah, SOOOOO rabid to question a Progressive.

This reaction is the main reason why people like you, that allow emotion to drive your life and decisions, will never win.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The problem is, the solution exists, yes, it's a new bill to enforce the existing laws.

I'm not sure if any of you have gone to court before, but sometimes you will be given notice to preform an action, if you fail to do so in a civil matter, you might be ordered to comply with said action. A second order to enforce the existing order.

This is what this bill is.

For whatever reason, the current laws aren't being enforced, but here is something that is designed to compel whoever to enforce the regulations that currently exist.

But unfortunately, the gun lobby has an issue with it. And "like minded individuals" ***cough***paidgunlobbyhacks***cough*** have an issue with it too. Because they don't want the laws to be enforced, because if they do enforce the laws, a lot of "law abiding gun owners" will find out they may not be so law abiding after all.

But "like minded individuals" ***cough***paidgunlobbyhacks***cough*** are going to continue to support the gun lobby even though that in doing so will continue to erode the countries faith they have in the necessity of the right to bear arms versus having to go through the many many many pointless preventable deaths that occur because "like minded individuals" ***cough***paidgunlobbyhacks***cough*** think that the body count is somehow acceptable.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok
Ok, I've had enough.

Go out unarmed and start collecting guns from whatever persons that you deem irresponsible or crazy enough that they shouldn't have them.

Don't be a whiny twerp and expect a crew of armed government agents to do it for your scared butt. YOU get off your internet butt and go do it.

And don't complain if a few of them shoot you.... consider it a learning experience!

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join