Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
It actually is kinda like that. But, in law, sometimes that is what has to be done.
Y'all keep saying enforce the laws already on the books, this bill says the same thing.

Again, what is so special about this bill that it can cause people to suddenly do their job when they were not doing them before and enforce laws they have, to this point, ignored?

What is the logic of writing a bill that says, 'enforce the previous bill'?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ugg it's like talking to an exceptionally stubborn wall.

I've linked the bill, the text of the bill is there, please read it for yourself, then maybe, just maybe, understanding will occur. I doubt it, but maybe.

Hell, I'm not even saying you'll like it, I'm just saying read it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I've linked the bill, the text of the bill is there, please read it for yourself, then maybe, just maybe, understanding will occur. I doubt it, but maybe.

I read it. What is the compulsory verbiage in this bill that is different then all the previous bills? What will make people take this one more seriously when they have not taken the other laws seriously?

Why is this so difficult for you to answer?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Ugg it's like talking to an exceptionally stubborn wall.

Imagine that. A failure to communicate.

You are telling us that a law needs to be passed in order to enforce a standing law. There may be an issue with you communicating this idea to us because it is preposterous.

Just as goofy as this idea:
I am going to call my Congressman and see if he can sponsor a bill saying that tigers have stripes. Once it is passed, tigers will actually have stripes. They don't have stripes right now, you see, because there has never been a law passed saying that they do.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
You are telling us that a law needs to be passed in order to enforce a standing law.

Why, yes. A law can only be taken seriously if another law is passed directing you to take the previous law seriously.

Anyone who understand jurisprudence would get this. Duh.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It's your complaint guys that the laws aren't being enforced.

But that's the point right, you don't want them to enforce the laws.

It's the only thing I can think of. What is it? If this passes, your afraid that they will actually enforce the laws and y'all will have to give up your guns?

That's it isn't it?

There's no other logical reason to argue against your own god damned argument.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

It's your complaint guys that the laws aren't being enforced.

Yup.

But that's the point right, you don't want them to enforce the laws.

Wrong, my hyperbolic friend.

It's the only thing I can think of. What is it? If this passes, your afraid that they will actually enforce the laws and y'all will have to give up your guns?

It truly is revealing that the only thing you 'can think of' is to pass a law saying to enforce an already passed law. When does this Russian nesting doll of a fiasco stop? How many laws need to get passed saying to enforce the law does it take to have law enforcement enforce the law?

Frankly, if they are not enforcing the law now I am not optimistic another law saying the exact same thing is going to compel them to do their jobs.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Man you're out there. No new law will make the existing laws get enforced. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Name calling and being rude just makes you look petty.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
No new law will make the existing laws get enforced.

Says you.

If the bill is worded thusly; "We the Congress are for serious, you must, like really, you know, enforce the law this time or else, like, we may just have to pass another law, for reals", then how could you not get the message?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

For really real this time? No fingers crossed or nothing?

Hey, did you just wink?

Are you sure this new law will make law enforcement enforce the existing laws that are'nt enforced get enforced?

For really real? Promise?

Stupid gun nuts.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
Are you sure this new law will make law enforcement enforce the existing laws that are'nt enforced get enforced?

I am 100%, absolutely certain, without a doubt in my mind, no ifs ands or buts, that it may work.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Only if it is enforced... which apparently will require an endless series of laws.... RE- ENFORCEMENTS, as it were.

edit on bu312014-08-01T09:00:16-05:0009America/ChicagoFri, 01 Aug 2014 09:00:16 -05009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

and once again, you make baseless assertions, and mischaracterize people...

you have repeatedly failed to show that the gun lobby is against it, yet you continue to claim that is the case...

and again, you choose to ignorantly reduce people you disagree with to some lame stereotype...you have a love affair with making libelous statements, and one of these days, it's gonna get you banned.... you need to stop.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

see, that's the thing....the bill is too convoluted....i doubt anyone here's got the patience to read it....if it were a simple bill for one thing, written in plain english, i'm sure more people would read the bills, including the people who are supposed to vote on them.

that's one thing the confederates had right.....one bill, for one thing, written in plain english....no riders, no bulls**t...

why don't you do us all a favor, and post the pertinent parts, that you think would be beneficial.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

so, instead of actually answering the questions put to you, you decide instead to go off on some hyperbole-fueled rant.....

what the hell?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The problem is, the solution is staring you in the face, we all agree, the current laws aren't being effectively enforced, probably due to wording, or riders in other bills that over time have gutted the original laws enough to make them unenforceable.

In any case, the current laws aren't being enforced, there's probably a reason for this, (it's not like the Obama administration is going to pass on an opportunity to take someone's gun away right?) C'mon, do you really believe that this administration as much as you all claim they are out for your guns wouldn't take any opportunity to deny a person a firearm or take someone's gun away given half a chance?

There's got to be a legalese reason that this isn't happening. That tells me that somewhere along the line the laws themselves have been gutted to the point of being unenforceable.

Which means we do need this new law in order to give the teeth back to the laws that are already on the books.

But, here y'all are, trying to stop a law that would do exactly what you want them to do. This makes me question why?

I'm not buying into your circular logic game-play, either you want them to enforce the law, which means for whatever reason we have to pass this law in order for them to do so, or you don't want them to enforce the law at all.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I worked with a lot of lunatics who wanted concealed carry in my state. Now that we have it I do not feel safer. I feel less safe. Some of my coworkers were crazy.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The problem is, the solution is staring you in the face, we all agree, the current laws aren't being effectively enforced, probably due to wording, or riders in other bills that over time have gutted the original laws enough to make them unenforceable.

That is one giant, assumptive pile of crap you just made.

Using your vast knowledge of the legal system allied with your stupendous understanding of jurisprudence you should easily be able to show us what riders or other bills prevented law enforcement from doing their jobs.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

this is rubbish...

the laws aren't enforced, because the people who are supposed to enforce them, are to lazy to be bothered....that's the problem..not a lack of law....

this has been said, i don't know HOW many times, and you keep ignoring it...a new law that says "enforce the existing law" is about as retarded as scribbling "pencil" on the side of a pencil, with a sharpie, to ensure it will know it's a pencil, and make marks on paper....

when i mentioned riders, it's for stupid stuff...like attaching a rider on bill to fight pedophilia, but the rider authorizes the police to cut the toes off black people....obviously, that rider is awful, so the bill gets killed.....not because it was a bad bill, but because nobody wants to authorize cutting toes off black people...

this is why this stuff happens...one of the clubs doesn't like the bill, or wants to kill it to spite the other club, so they attach some outrageous rider that will guarantee it dies...

this is why ron paul was both loved by the people, and hated by the establishment, because he actually read the bills, and voted against the ones with stupid s**t attached to them....not because they were bad bills, but because they were weighed down with garbage...

are you understanding now?
edit on 8-3-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Without knowing your state ill say this

Your feelings dont matter

The fact is gun violence in decreasing

You.are safer

new topics
top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join