It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

How does it feel to wait?

With dealing with you, it is nothing new.
And by waiting, you mean you not addressing specific items because you are either stalling and trying to google it, or yo have no answer because it destroys your stance.

So......

I'm not a dancing monkey.

You are a Car Washer Manager. I am aware that you are not a dancing monkey.

A monkey at least will respond.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

It would, except as Daedalus is showing, people who shouldn't be anywhere near a gun are given both a gun, and a permit to hide said gun on their body.

and how, exactly, am i doing that?

It would except the chain lobby makes damn sure that background checks aren't being done.

how's that?

It's not moot at all, it's a problem, a serious one, one that the pro gun crowd fights tooth and nail to not solve.

what is "it"? before we can all agree that "it" is a problem, you must specify exactly which thing you are referring to when you say "it is a problem". you've changed your position so many times, nobody knows exactly wtf you stand for anymore...all anyone knows is that you rant, and make baseless claims, and libel people, and conduct yourself in such a way might lead people to believe that you, yourself, are mentally ill...

Look, two threads completely trolled to death by ATS's resident pro gun forum gang who aren't interested in any other viewpoint other than making damn sure that this actual issue of public health and safety is buried.

the only one trolling here is you....with your hyperbole, baseless claims, bogus information, false accusations, and outlandish statements..you're either sick, or just trying to get a rise out of people..

I've never said guns should be banned, any gun, I just want to stop the wrong people from getting a hold of them. The system is broken, and it's just getting worse.

i'm sure if i went over your posting history, i could find instances if you calling for an outright ban....but let's just say, for the sake of argument, that you've never called for a ban....instead, you call for all these outrageous, and completely worthless "solutions" that wouldn't do a thing to solve the problems you say you want solved, and would in fact, serve as de facto bans in all but name.....instead of accepting the reality of the situation, you decide to instead start blaming people....people here on this forum, because we disagree with you...the NRA, because you think they're evil, and run everything, regular people, because they dare to exercise their rights, instead of living in fear, and relying on the police to protect them..

The gun crowd doesn't want to see that there is a problem, and they don't care. Their solution is to shout down any opposition to gun violence.

Which in itself is a problem.

and it's not helped by what you're doing.

nobody's saying there isn't a problem....what's being said is that the problem isn't what you think it is, and that your solutions aren't actually solutions at all...we're not shouting down opposition to violence...most of us don't really LIKE real violence....the vast majority of those of us who own and carry, hope we NEVER hafta draw down on anyone....we're not against a reduction in violence...what we're against is MORE laws that will do nothing to fix anything...
edit on 7-30-2014 by Daedalus because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

suicide isn't murder. it's a personal decision....

ya' know, kinda like "should i have white toast, or rye?", or "do i wear the red tie, or the blue?"

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

ew, New Jersey....

now there's a problem state, in terms of freedom..

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
ew, New Jersey....

now there's a problem state, in terms of freedom..

Yeah, tell me about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

look, i'm reasonable, Wok....

i'll agree with you that having loose rounds laying around might not be the best thing in the world....having them rolling around in your car also isn't so great...

that said, it's NOT the end of the world. is it slightly dangerous, yes, but does it mean that the person with a stray round or two in their car, is horrifically irresponsible? absolutely not. yeah, they're a little sloppy, but they're fine...it's not how i do things, but everyone's different. as long as they are responsible in the things that matter, little things like this can be overlooked.

i personally transport ammo in a locked container, so nothing can spill out into my car, because if i lose a round or two, i hafta go find them..

i keep a tight watch over my arms and ammunition. i take an inventory, keep track of how many rounds i use at the range, and a whole list of other information. i can account for every round of ammo i ever bought, and every round i have at the moment.

you really need to calm down man...just chill..
edit on 7-30-2014 by Daedalus because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

oh, you mean like the thirty magazine clip on a ghost gun?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Still waiting on that state with the "realistic gun laws".

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

now that's just silly....comparing a relatively stable live round to the very unstable nitro glycerine.....

really man...hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

yeah, i saw that....it was on "1,000 ways to die"

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

i dunno man...it's a valid concern. sure, it requires a certain level of paranoia, which i happen to posses...it's one of the reasons i'm so strict in the way i handle my ammo...

one of the differences between me and Wok though, is that while i do things a certain way, i don't turn around and say that you're evil, or irresponsible, or stupid for not doing it my way, unless the way you're doing it is obviously dangerous, stupid, or flat out wrong..

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

mac...is this really necessary?

i'm all for a little ribbing now and again, but seriously, you don't need to be gouging into the guy for working at a car wash, just because he happens to say stupid things. until 2 years ago, i worked for the cable company....because of contractors, and larry the cable guy, everybody thinks cable guys are fat, stupid, redneck "murrica" caricatures...would you say that about me? or how about when i worked for a video store? i was just as knowledgeable about things then as i am now...would you have made fun of me then?...or how about before that, when i was head of security for a movie theater?

point is, just because the dude works at a car wash doesn't mean he's somehow less entitled to speak on a subject than a cable guy, or a video store manager, or a I.T. professional.

don't hate on him for his job, hate on him for his willful ignorance...

keep in mind folks....what you're saying has GOT to be pretty f**ked up, if you've got me stepping in, to pull ya'll off Wok...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Having been part of Murder Investigations, I can tell you that CSI is about the worst thing ever to hit the TV.
The ability to retrieve a valid fingerprint off of items like glass and such, where there is a large surface area is not difficult, but not easy either.

Being able to get a usable print off of a shell casing, is no easy task.

And then the use within a court is difficult as well, as there is a need to show not only outside any doubt that the print is from a single person, who has to have been fingerprinted already, but there has to be shown how the print got there and so many other things.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

oh, believe me....the laws in NJ are anything but realistic....the state is pretty awful.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

lol

Libel is fun.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

well, you've got it bad over there....i've been out to west orange, lol

the closer you get to camden, trenton, newark.....oh boy, look out....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

i know this....

and while yes, a print off a shell casing is both hard to obtain, and hard to use once you have it, it still exists as a possibility, however unlikely. better safe than sorry.

i mean, in the end, it's a matter of personal preference...some people would just rather not take the risk...

and this is not meant as a dig on Wok, and his job...but honestly, your guys would need to have been fingerprinted already...usually people don't get fingerprinted unless they're arrested...

so are you hiring people who have records, where they should hafta be worried about a partial print of theirs showing up on a casing?

not really on topic, but still a semi-legit question, none the less...
edit on 7-30-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

i know this....

and while yes, a print off a shell casing is both hard to obtain, and hard to use once you have it, it still exists as a possibility, however unlikely. better safe than sorry.

i mean, in the end, it's a matter of personal preference...some people would just rather not take the risk...

Understood.

and this is not meant as a dig on Wok, and his job...but honestly, your guys would need to have been fingerprinted already...usually people don't get fingerprinted unless they're arrested...

so are you hiring people who have records, where they should hafta be worried about a partial print of theirs showing up on a casing?

not really on topic, but still a semi-legit question, none the less...
I was going to pose the same question, but with his inability to address singular items, in relation to his statements made, I didn't want to take the 1D world of thinking and make it overly complicated.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

look, i'm reasonable, Wok....

i'll agree with you that having loose rounds laying around might not be the best thing in the world....having them rolling around in your car also isn't so great...

that said, it's NOT the end of the world. is it slightly dangerous, yes, but does it mean that the person with a stray round or two in their car, is horrifically irresponsible? absolutely not. yeah, they're a little sloppy, but they're fine...it's not how i do things, but everyone's different. as long as they are responsible in the things that matter, little things like this can be overlooked.

i personally transport ammo in a locked container, so nothing can spill out into my car, because if i lose a round or two, i hafta go find them..

i keep a tight watch over my arms and ammunition. i take an inventory, keep track of how many rounds i use at the range, and a whole list of other information. i can account for every round of ammo i ever bought, and every round i have at the moment.

you really need to calm down man...just chill..

Actually the greatest danger of a loose round rolling around in a car is it rolling somewhere and gumming up the works as any other loose object would do. It's not going to "explode."

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just to clear things up a bit, I don't like loose rounds rolling around my car. If I do have a spill, I pick them up, but there are times when one rolls under the seat where it isn't easily found.
I do put loose ones in the change holder box sometimes, I believe that it has (1) 9mm, approximately (6) 22LR rounds and (2) empty .243 Win cases in there right now.

Not exactly a case of hundreds of rounds rolling around willy nilly among beer and whiskey bottles as someone suggested.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join