It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What would i say?

I would say they just haven't been caught yet.

Only a matter of time though.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

What kind of misguided failure of a OP did you produce? ONE OF EPIC MONUMENTAL FAILURE!

You just have a beef with gun(s) and gun owner(s). You trying to ruse people? I laughed not just once! But 5x's over!

Go live in your house made of straw, it will protect you from the cruel reality that is.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

What would i say?

Really? So basically your rebuttal is that there are many many more ccw murderers out there they just havent been caught yet?

Do they have some magic holster that keeps them from being caught unlike other murderers?

Are you serious or just Trolling........
edit on 7/25/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Just my opinion. I think they either haven't been caught, or are in the planning stages of a violent crime.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Just my opinion. I think they either haven't been caught, or are in the planning stages of a violent crime.

.......yes........they are all planning.......you got us

Half of the CCW owners in the US are just planning crimes.........

Holy CRAP i cant even fathom the though process behind this response

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Before you worry about ccw holders killing you, you should worry more about cops killing you. Statistically a cop will more likely to commit murder than a ccw holder.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

They already got means, and motive, they're just missing opportunity.

Why else would someone feel the need to own a gun?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The same reason that you have to spew garbage, it's our right!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

LoL they have motive just because they have a gun?

This is a troll thread plain and simple

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It's our right! Plus, according to SCOTUS, only you are responsible to protect yourself and your family. The police are not obligated to protect you.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Sure, motive, to kill someone. Hide behind self defense, in the end it's a desire for someone to die.

They are just awaiting opportunity. Maybe it's so they can be judge jury and executioner. The motive is there.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Sure, motive, to kill someone. Hide behind self defense, in the end it's a desire for someone to die.

They are just awaiting opportunity. Maybe it's so they can be judge jury and executioner. The motive is there.

Im sorry, can you please point out where having a gun facilitates this? or even has anything to do with that mentality?

I could do that with a bat or a brick......

Not to mention, if they were going to do that anyway, why bother going through all the legal means to have a gun just to throw it away by breaking the law.......

Theres so much logical fallacy in your comments that im having a really hard time believing that you are even serious

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

There are many reasons to own a gun. But I will not list those reasons because it is irrelevant. All that matters is that in this country we have the right to own and carry a weapon if we meet a certain set of standards put forth by the Federal Government and the state in which we live.

It's my opinion that the freedom of speech has caused more harm in this country that the right to carry a firearm. But you will never catch me criticizing someone for exercising free speech.

And just remember.....it will be men with guns that stand up for you and I when someone comes to take our other rights away.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Obviously. I mean, clearly, 100 million people in this country are just looking to cause trouble.

You must live in a state of constant panic.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Oh why break the law? When you can use the law to justify an action?

Laws like stand your ground in Florida. Isn't that the gun lobby dream? A licence to kill, with the weak argument "I was afraid for my life" convenient when someone looks at you the wrong way.

Legalized state sanctioned murder.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Im sorry, can you please point out where having a gun facilitates this? or even has anything to do with that mentality?

I could do that with a bat or a brick......

Not to mention, if they were going to do that anyway, why bother going through all the legal means to have a gun just to throw it away by breaking the law.......

Theres so much logical fallacy in your comments that im having a really hard time believing that you are even serious

Let it go bro... you're having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

He is not interested in sincere debate or facts just promoting the anti-gun agenda.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Oh why break the law? When you can use the law to justify an action?

Laws like stand your ground in Florida. Isn't that the gun lobby dream? A licence to kill, with the weak argument "I was afraid for my life" convenient when someone looks at you the wrong way.

Legalized state sanctioned murder.

um its apparent that you dont know the law.........

Or even are exercising common sense..........having a concealed weapon doesnt make going and shooting someone legal........

where are you even coming up with this stuff?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

too right, time to exercise my common sense.........

thank you sir

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

What would i say?

Just an FYI here, but I've been meaning to get a scan of this for awhile anyway.

That is what a current, valid Missouri CCW looks like. It's not fancy. It doesn't have to be. The serial number at the top is actually all law enforcement cares to see or know of it, anyway. I carry that in my wallet and my gun on a belt clip next to it as close to regularly as my time on prohibited school grounds can allow. (I.E... That's about the only time I'm not exercising my right).

Now I can assure you I am not a gun owner who "just hasn't been caught yet" doing something untoward or improper with my weapon. I can also assure you I've been in a couple situations since getting my first permit issued where, if I'd been the kind of person to do such a thing, I could have nudged and maneuvered things into a defense situation. (having that tendency means you likely wouldn't have qualified to get a permit anyway)

In point of fact, I spent a full day in a classrooms, among other things, before getting that permit. Some may imagine the class to be one about when, where and how to shoot someone in defense. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's a class dedicated almost entirely and by state guidelines, to teach when NOT to shoot and how to AVOID the situations where a shooting would likely result.

After all, there is a CRITICAL detail you would be taught until you told them to shut up and drop it. If you do ANYTHING to further, encourage, create or advance the problem or situation that ends in a shooting or defense issue, it is not a defense issue anymore. The permit isn't relevant and no castle doctrine will help a bit. Then, it's mutual combatants and you take your chances with a jury for manslaughter...at best.

No permit makes someone safe, but without a proven and verified history of being safe, legal and responsible...or lack of anything to the contrary at the least? You will never get one of those permits in the first place. That's why the CCW permit matters. It demonstrates the person holding it HAS been investigated and that is what was discovered about their character and background.

** Oh.. and I am not 210lbs now.. (sigh) That was almost a year ago. Stupid stats... I almost redacted that too, but it's not a sensitive piece of personal info. Just....awkward. lol

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
More nonsense and trolling

Good job wok

U are delusional in you gun stance

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join