It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: NavyDoc

Keep justifying irresponsibility, its fine, point made.
Makes me glad people can't get a hold of explosives as easily as guns.
"I know I had a bottle of nitro glycerin in my back seat somewhere, oh well, lets go off roading!"

HauntWok, your logical fallacies are showing again. All I have read in this thread is: "I don't like guns, so you can't have guns because they are scary and think of the children, my ignorance is too broad and deep to give any credence to this subject."

Learn how to debate, please. And for the sake of everyone's sanity, learn what the logical fallacies are, and HOW TO AVOID THEM!!!
Let me get you started.

thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

Fallacies: alphabetic list (full list)

Master List of Logical Fallacies - University of Texas at El Paso

You continually use Abusive Ad Hominem, Ad Hominem Tu Quoque, Ad Ignorantium, and Ad Baculum.
You really need to study up on the subjects that you present here, or we just might think that you are getting paid to post these "ideas"; and if that were true, if I was your employer, I would fire you.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

"I know I had a bottle of nitro glycerin in my back seat somewhere, oh well, lets go off roading!"

Yes, there you go again.
Comparing the handling of nitroglycerin to small arms ammunition.

I have worked at a nitroglycerin manufacturing facility. I don't think that I would want you there with me.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

As soon as a firearm is seen, the staff notifies me and I walk out with the owner to make sure the firearm is secured on the trunk or some other safe place.

Same with ammo, we don't pick it up because the guy might use it in a homicide later and I don't want my guys prints on the casing.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Or they just don't know. Why should a customer clean his car before bringing his car to be cleaned? How many times has anyone dropped something in their car, opened it all up and looked all over and not been able to find it? Happens to me at least once a month. Then six months later I find it as it rolls out.

I wonder what he'd do if he found ammo cleaning. Call the bomb squad? Dial 911? Set up a 30 foot perimeter?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCynic
On giving this more thought, there is one way you can misuse or abuse ammunition and see it result in a possible shooting. Even a fatality.

A show on TV months back had an episode where two Bubba types were driving down a back road when they realized they had blown a fuse. Goodness, what are a couple Bubbas to do when a replacement fuse isn't available?

Should they do without the circuit until replacing it properly, risk a fire and use foil to cross the connections or just use any 'ol thing laying around which will fit?

Bubba chose the 3rd option and wouldn't you know? A live .22 round clips right into the fuse holders as if it was meant to, as these two discovered. It even worked for a short time. Then one of them earned a Darwin award when the predictable happened and electricity created heat with just enough confinement to make a blast, sending the bullet into the drivers leg. Now this was Bubba, so no scratch would do. No sir! It had to hit the femoral artery, which it did!

So, there is how you really can, on second thought, earn a Darwin by abusing a bullet.

Urban legend that has been around for several decades.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Same with ammo, we don't pick it up because the guy might use it in a homicide later and I don't want my guys prints on the casing.

The ammo is not readily seen.... because it is hiding under the seat.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

How many times has anyone dropped something in their car, opened it all up and looked all over and not been able to find it? Happens to me at least once a month. Then six months later I find it as it rolls out.

O-M-G!
You are SO irresponsible!

People like us would only be allowed to have crayons to write with if some people had their way.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

And most here wouldn't allow you to touch their vehicle, let alone a firearm.

Your guys huh??? SO we have gone from you doing the work yourself to now a huge operation.

This shows that you can't keep simple things straight.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Now I see the issue as plain as the sun rising and setting.

What else do you allow TV to drive your life in?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Really? Can't remember that I manage a car wash? Ok.

Don't think I do stuff on the side for extra money?

I'd be happy to detail your cars, all you would have to do is make sure you put the guns away.

It's a safety thing, I would think law abiding responsible gun owners would appreciate that, in fact most do.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Really? Can't remember that I manage a car wash? Ok.

Oh, so you "manage" the car wash. No wonder.

Don't think I do stuff on the side for extra money?

Too much info bud.
What you do "on the side" is your business. Sounds like you are cheating your employer though. That right there explains a lot about you and your character.

I'd be happy to detail your cars, all you would have to do is make sure you put the guns away.

I wouldn't let you near either. You might end up scaring yourself with a loose round, throwing my vehicle in drive and end up hitting and killing someone.

It's a safety thing, I would think law abiding responsible gun owners would appreciate that, in fact most do.

I am sure that in your world, people do.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

And from all of this, it is safe to say that your interactions with firearms comes in the form of seeing them in vehicles and having customers lock them up.

And...............what TV tells you.

Not really impressed with the knowledge of the local Anti-2nd ATS'er here, not impressed one bit.
But, that is to be expected, as most Anti-2nd folks are about as ignorant as they get.

So, just know that you are not alone in this....I mean the numbers are limited, but they are numbers nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

And from what I've read, some in here I wouldn't trust with a straw let alone a firearm.

Guns aren't toys. Responsible gun ownership is a duty. And if you think that being cavalier about guns is okay, that's pretty telling.
edit on 30-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Says the person cheating their employer.

Good thing you don't get to decide such things. And that is your largest issue. You can't control others, so you allow it to become who you are.

Very telling.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Guns aren't toys.

That is correct.

Ohh, did you have something else to state, like "you all here think they are" or "your all irresponsible gun owners"?

Care to show where any member within this thread has stated such a thing?

Oh yeah, there is nothing and this is your way of deflecting and attacking.......again.

So, now that you have been called out on this, what will you change the subject to now?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I dunno, u2u the rest of the forum gang and let me know.

Apparently showing that guns legally get into the hands of people who shouldn't have them is a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

And from what I've read, some in here I wouldn't trust with a straw let alone a firearm.

Would you trust a cop with a gun?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Apparently showing that guns legally get into the hands of people who shouldn't have them is a bad thing.

Legally?
How does that work?
Is that something like legally renting a child to a pedophile?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I dunno, does said cop allow ammo to spill out all over his car and only bother cleaning it up if they have to go to a state with realistic gun laws?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I dunno, does said cop allow ammo to spill out all over his car and only bother cleaning it up if they have to go to a state with realistic gun laws?

Actually, yes. I'm a member of my local LEO association and it's not uncommon for LEO to drop a round. They are small and cylindrical and they tend to roll. Not a good thing, but not the dangerous disaster you are making it out to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join