It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Please, do EVERYONE a favor here.......Don't ever own or touch a firearm.

Your lack of understanding and fear will probably just end up with you either hurting yourself or someone else.

Or Ammunition.....As your car's seat track may deem you as evil, loose it's mind and kill you dead by allowing the round to discharge from being crushed, thus wounding you.

Yes, I said it. Haunt, you and you alone would probably be the one guy to have a round be crushed and have it discharge at/into you.

We really need to make sure that you don't ever come into contact with either a firearm or ammunition. You would probably get seriously hurt.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

I just made it up using the anti's logic I've read on this site. It's kinda fun pulling crap from my rectom like they do.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ok, so irresponsible handling is fine, good, expected, condoned, encouraged.

Got it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

And that the Old West was nothing but guys shooting each other at High Noon...................and that if you drop ANY gun it will always go off.....................and that Barrel Shroud thing needs to be illegal.....................and Ghost Guns, MY GOD those Ghost Guns and their 30 clip magazines and their full auto PEW PEW PEWPEWPEW PEW PEW..........

Enough to make ANYONE not want to have guns in the hands of "bad" people.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

That can't happen............There are signs around areas where children are indicating it is a "Gun free zone"...DUH!!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: HauntWok
Do you all think that the bullet is expelled from the chamber with unicorn farts? There's a small amount of gunpowder in each of those rounds.

Enough to send the bullet down range hundreds of feet per second.

And now, im once again the bad guy for thinking that maybe letting loose rounds rolling around is a bad thing?

In controlled tests, most rounds do not travel more than a few feet and their velocity is usually too low to measure on a chronograph.
No, you are not a bad guy for that... just woefully misinformed.

What do you expect when 100% of someone's "knowledge" on a subject comes from movies and Sarah Brady?

link   

Got it.

No one said that.... but you know that.

Having a round disappear in a crevice of your car floorboard is not irresponsible.

Dropping rounds in a fire in conditions that are not a controlled test WOULD be irresponsible, but chances of a lethal injury occurring are next to zero.

Having a bullet travel downrange at lethal velocities requires a chamber at the very least and more often, a barrel also.

link   
a reply to: HauntWok

About as irresponsible as putting a butter knife in the same drawer as the spatulas and other kitchen items.

Oh, how about this.....what about cars with heater vents under the seats....oh oh what about cars with seats that have the heater elements inside them. If a round gets dropped near the vent, or inside the seat neat the heating element it could go off and strike you in the buttocks.

Or, what if that same round were to roll from under the seat, under the brake pedal just at the same moment you have to slam on your brakes to avoid hitting a bus full of children from the local orphanage that were going to the "puppy-dog/candy/toy factory"???? It could maybe go off then.

link   
a reply to: macman

Forgot about the "gun free zone" signs.... Whew, I feel safer already! It's for the children ya know.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Got it.

You've defined irresponsible handling as dropping a round on the car floor. Should that be punished?

I need to come up with completely ignorant statements regarding car washing to get you to pull your hair out.

I've heard the chemicals are harmful to children and pets. The clay used on floormats is dug out from African villages run by warlords. Waxes used are harmful to birds and aquatic life. Your industry causes cancer. How's that? Any of that true? Doesnt matter what you say because I think it is.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Yeah, because those signs will always stop bad people from doing bad things......................like in schoo....er no...I mean in movie thea.....uh.......on college camps......well....it works so shut up you face and donate to MDA because their "founder" used to work for Monsanto and knows things about being a mom (since she gave birth to a child thing and spent so much time with that child during her job with Monsanto) and knows stuff about guns, because Bloomberg told her....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Did you know that those orbital polishers are built in China???? Using slave labor, lead filled paint, where the company pollutes due to cheap plastics, which cause cancer, thus anyone using one is contributing to those things. Let alone someone that uses it during the course of their chosen profession, which makes it worse because they are using not only this horrible orbital polisher, but those toxic chemicals you spoke of as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: macman
Illinois passed CCW this year. I noticed when I went to the bank they had a nice "gun free zone" sign. I laughed out loud. That'll stop would be robbers!

Well, my bank got robbed shortly after putting up the sign. I laughed out loud again! That sign sure did some deterring!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Just irresponsibility, that's all, but go ahead, defend being irresponsible with firearms.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Got it.

See, but that's just another example of your irrational hyperbole. Nobody said that dropping a loose round was fine, good, expected, condoned, or encouraged. You are being intentionally false with that statement.

What people have expressed to you is that dropping a loose round behind the seat (which can happen, they are small) is not particularly dangerous or hazardous.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Keep justifying irresponsibility, its fine, point made.

Makes me glad people can't get a hold of explosives as easily as guns.

"I know I had a bottle of nitro glycerin in my back seat somewhere, oh well, lets go off roading!"

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Did anyone hear about the car detailer that was vacuuming a redneck's car and he vacuumed up a live round from under the car seat?
Well, that round traveled up the vacuum hose and went into the dirt canister. When the round hit the side of the canister, it made a noise (ting!) and the car detailer almost had a heart attack because the noise startled him.

He didn't die.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'd make you clean out all your strewn ammo and unchecked guns before I'd let any of my guys near your car.

Some people are a little more responsible.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
On giving this more thought, there is one way you can misuse or abuse ammunition and see it result in a possible shooting. Even a fatality.

A show on TV months back had an episode where two Bubba types were driving down a back road when they realized they had blown a fuse. Goodness, what are a couple Bubbas to do when a replacement fuse isn't available?

Should they do without the circuit until replacing it properly, risk a fire and use foil to cross the connections or just use any 'ol thing laying around which will fit?

Bubba chose the 3rd option and wouldn't you know? A live .22 round clips right into the fuse holders as if it was meant to, as these two discovered. It even worked for a short time. Then one of them earned a Darwin award when the predictable happened and electricity created heat with just enough confinement to make a blast, sending the bullet into the drivers leg. Now this was Bubba, so no scratch would do. No sir! It had to hit the femoral artery, which it did!

So, there is how you really can, on second thought, earn a Darwin by abusing a bullet.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

I'd make you clean out all your strewn ammo and unchecked guns before I'd let any of my guys near your car.

Some people are a little more responsible.

How would you know that the ammo was there?

Do you question all of your customers as to what their habits and hobbies are?
What if they lie to you?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join