It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I am not a car detailer (no offense) and my car does have the errant McDonalds french fry (do you have young children? I do) , a couple of 22 rimfire and 9mm rounds under the seat....

I forgot he worked at a car wash. He should know better than anyone what sorts of things get lost in the nooks and crannies of an automobile. Expert opinion and all.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Remember my job that y'all decided to make fun of?

Yeah, ok, now you see the utility of such a service. Because apparently from what you are saying, some have an inability to properly control ordinance.

The same people who want me to believe they can responsibly handle a firearm, can't handle ammunition

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

I know, right? Next time somebody drops anything it's off with their hands!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: butcherguy

Wait, you have to clean your car to find all the errant rounds and casings strewn haphazardly about?

Are they under the empty beer cans and whisky bottles?

AND another damn thing....

Where the hell did I say I had to clean my car to find them???
Here is what I said:

have to go through his vehicle on Friday evening with a fine-tooth comb to make sure there are no hollowpoint bullets in the console

It means that I have to look very carefully to make sure that are no hollowpoints under the seat.... or buried in the change box in the console.
You are being trollish, there is no point in that post other than to irritate me.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Now, i didn't say that, just making the observation that it's pretty damn irresponsible. It's ammunition, not French fries. Small explosives essentially, rolling around uncontrolled apparently near small children.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Remember my job that y'all decided to make fun of?

Yeah, ok, now you see the utility of such a service. Because apparently from what you are saying, some have an inability to properly control ordinance.

The same people who want me to believe they can responsibly handle a firearm, can't handle ammunition

Do you see what your argument has devolved to???
You accuse anyone that has ever dropped something of being untrustworthy to handle a firearm.
Have you ever dropped anything?
Maybe you shouldn't have a driver's license.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Now, i didn't say that, just making the observation that it's pretty damn irresponsible. It's ammunition, not French fries. Small explosives essentially, rolling around uncontrolled apparently near small children.

Do you know anything about ammunition?
Seriously?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

That's the whole point of his thread. He'll say something ignorant to irritate you for a reaction. When you react in a way that does'nt suit him, he'll call you a loose cannon and not fit to own firearms.

Sure wish folks like that would spend the weekend with me. I can promise you this, he'd wake up Monday morning with a different outlook on firearms.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I can imagine that there is more than likely a warning label on that box, telling you to keep those rounds from potential damage.

Ya know, like rolling around loose under car seats, potentially being crushed in the seat track when someone adjusts the seat for their height.

I dunno.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

LOL. This is yet another reason why we know that you don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I can imagine that there is more than likely a warning label on that box, telling you to keep those rounds from potential damage.

Ya know, like rolling around loose under car seats, potentially being crushed in the seat track when someone adjusts the seat for their height.

I dunno.

There you go, imagining.
You do realize that your imagination is not reality, right?

What happens when you drop a 9mm round in an open fire? You can use your imagination if you don't have any knowledge about it, then I will let you know how far your imagination is from the truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It would, except as Daedalus is showing, people who shouldn't be anywhere near a gun are given both a gun, and a permit to hide said gun on their body.

Oh, his response I am sure will be a good read.

It would except the chain lobby makes damn sure that background checks aren't being done.

What is the "chain" lobby??? Are they in cahoots with another lobby?
And please, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show me where the "gun lobby" has stopped an FFL from conducting a background check.

Just one example would be nice.

It's not moot at all, it's a problem, a serious one, one that the pro gun crowd fights tooth and nail to not solve.

S serious problem of what? Criminals getting illegal guns???

Look, two threads completely trolled to death by ATS's resident pro gun forum gang who aren't interested in any other viewpoint other than making damn sure that this actual issue of public health and safety is buried.

Oh look, another thread posted by the resident Anti-2nd ATS'er with a total lack of understanding as to what the 2nd means. The same person that can't correctly explain not only the 2nd, but a statute regarding the 2nd because they have no understanding of how to read a law.

And, and also look. The same ATS'er continually makes moronic statements about gun owners being bloodthirsty, only to turn around and suggest those same members illegally take firearms to Mexico to "take care" of drug cartel members, only to turn around on the same page and say that they never stated that, and then be called out on it by several people.

I've never said guns should be banned, any gun, I just want to stop the wrong people from getting a hold of them. The system is broken, and it's just getting worse.

First off, it isn't getting worse.
Secondly, all you have stated is you don't want people with mental illness from getting them. Yet, provide no clarification as to which illnesses you deem as warranted to have a Right removed and by what screening method, or who would control such a thing.

I just love the dramatic Progressive, running around with their head cut off in the tired old act of "well, we got to do something".

The gun crowd doesn't want to see that there is a problem, and they don't care. Their solution is to shout down any opposition to gun violence.

So, you have been yelled at here???
Seeing that most that are Pro-2nd carry a firearm, they seem to be very much for reducing criminally driven violence, by making it so they can defend themselves.

And who here has stated that we don't care????

Oh yeah......the only one would be you.

Which in itself is a problem.

The only problem here is you. You are your problem. You are everyone's problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

BTW, Google search that one and give us another one of your 'lists', telling us how many people have been injured from that particular occurrence!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Do you all think that the bullet is expelled from the chamber with unicorn farts? There's a small amount of gunpowder in each of those rounds.

Enough to send the bullet down range hundreds of feet per second.

And now, im once again the bad guy for thinking that maybe letting loose rounds rolling around is a bad thing?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Seems to be that your child might be a little slow.

Most here have kids that are smart enough to either not touch the ammo or to ask and have it explained.

I assume that you have treated "fire" in this same manner with your kid.
Told them not to touch, didn't explain it really well, expressed that it is scary and tried to make sure your neighbor doesn't have any, because they can't be trusted.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You can crush live bullets in a vice, sideways, and nothing is likely to happen. If it has a defective primer, you could even beat on it with a hammer. Odds are, you could do that anyway and have no problems as long as you aren't hitting the bottom of the case on a working primer.

A bullet has many ways to fail to work and only one way that it will work. The small explosive on the bottom, which is the primer, must be hit in just such a way and with the right amount of force. Blunt strikes won't do it or every tube fed rifle would be a suicide machine while loading the second round into the magazine.

So, contrary to popular myth among those who have little to no experience personally handling these things, bullets are far easier to ruin than they are to fire outside a gun's chamber as designed. I'll let Butcher catch the other part.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I can tell ya what happens when you drop a .9mm round in a fire.

It goes full auto and sprays 1000's of rounds a second killing the children. Ohh the children...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Do you all think that the bullet is expelled from the chamber with unicorn farts? There's a small amount of gunpowder in each of those rounds.

And now, im once again the bad guy for thinking that maybe letting loose rounds rolling around is a bad thing?

Probably because those of us who know about these things know you could slingshot a loaded cartridge against a brick wall all day long without them going off. The reason why they are practicable as ammunition is stability. If they were not incredibly stable, they could not be used by the military at all. Imagine going prone to fight the Nazis and all of the ammo in your belt firing off. LOL.

link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Which movie did that happen in? (laugh)

link   

In controlled tests, most rounds do not travel more than a few feet and their velocity is usually too low to measure on a chronograph.
No, you are not a bad guy for that... just woefully misinformed.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join