It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah, ya know, I hear ya, can't have them unauthorized people having guns, I couldn't agree more.

But something's bothering me still, you would think that with all these good guys with guns that maybe they would like patrol the bad neighborhoods, making them safer.

Maybe go to Mexico and take care of some drug cartel low life's.

You know, make a big impact, show everyone what good guys with guns can do.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
But something's bothering me still, you would think that with all these good guys with guns that maybe they would like patrol the bad neighborhoods, making them safer.

You know, for someone who has been consistently trolling this thread you just out trolled yourself.

Last time I checked vigilantism is illegal and so is private citizens violently invading another nation.

I got an idea. You go parachute your ass into Mexico with a rifle instead.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

It is illegal for US citizens to bring firearms into Mexico.

The only US backed group that is allowed to is the ATF and the Admin running it.

The Same Govt you seem to love, which you stated was duly elected.......before you stated they were bought and paid for by the "gun lobby"...........which you stated they were still duly elected.....and then some BS about something or other....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I never suggested that anyone become a vigilante. Just being well armed and highly visible.

Maybe some rebel flags adorning your cars? For that down with big brother vibe.

Patrolling ganglands, reporting crime as it happens, helping make the world a better place.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I never suggested that anyone become a vigilante. Just being well armed and highly visible.

Uh, yeah, you did. Unless that was someone else who suggested shooting cartel members.

Maybe some rebel flags adorning your cars? For that down with big brother vibe.

Was that you trying to be witty? Stick to Coolhand Luking your customers cars.

Patrolling ganglands, reporting crime as it happens, helping make the world a better place.

I have a job and it is not law enforcement.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Guns aren't for scaring they are for shooting...ONLY.People who WANT TO scare with them are ,at best, fools waiting to die.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Oh really????

You know, make a big impact, show everyone what good guys with guns can do.

"Take care"....Oh you mean like how someone will "take care" of someone that is sick.....

Bud...ya dun screwed the pooch one too many times here.
16 Pages in this thread.
30+ in the other.

It is clear that you have nothing else better to do then to create a thread based around trolling.....and then troll within that thread.

edit on 30-7-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You'll all (hopefully) be happy to read that i'm nearly done with my fact-checking and corrections on this bogus-ass list.

i should be done sometime later today, and i'll post it up, as soon as i'm done.

man, oh man, is this one ever a doozy...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Wow, this is going on for 300 plus posts?

The bottom line is any system that weeds out people that should not be part of the system will have a better group overall even when some bad apples make it though no matter what. Take the military as example, there are some bad apples in the military, but the vast majority are weeded out either in basic training or at some point in their typically short career.

With CCWs there are a lot of things that will make a person not eligible for CCW, and so when comparing CCWs to the general population they end up being a more law abiding group just by the fact that the ones that have already shown they are not law abiding will not be able to get it.

This simple fact makes this who debate rather moot don't you think?

edit on 30-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It would, except as Daedalus is showing, people who shouldn't be anywhere near a gun are given both a gun, and a permit to hide said gun on their body.

It would except the chain lobby makes damn sure that background checks aren't being done.

It's not moot at all, it's a problem, a serious one, one that the pro gun crowd fights tooth and nail to not solve.

Look, two threads completely trolled to death by ATS's resident pro gun forum gang who aren't interested in any other viewpoint other than making damn sure that this actual issue of public health and safety is buried.

I've never said guns should be banned, any gun, I just want to stop the wrong people from getting a hold of them. The system is broken, and it's just getting worse.

The gun crowd doesn't want to see that there is a problem, and they don't care. Their solution is to shout down any opposition to gun violence.

Which in itself is a problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

aid guns should be banned, any gun, I just want to stop the wrong people from getting a hold of them.

What you said (when you were not putting words in other people's mouths) was that firearms owners:

Want to kill innocent people
    Should kill/injure themselves
    Become vigilantes
    Control law enforcement (who is not enforcing gun laws)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

People who bought guns legally, DO kill innocent people.

Suicide amongst owners is higher than people without guns.

Kinda part of that 2nd amendment and the constitution remember militias?

edit on 30-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

People who bought guns legally DO kill innocent people.

Huh? What? Did you just say firearms owners are exempt from homicide laws?

How do you legally kill someone who is innocent?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Added the appropriate comma.

Shesh oh Pete!

As I said, bury the topic, under an avalanche of bs.
edit on 30-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

aid guns should be banned, any gun, I just want to stop the wrong people from getting a hold of them.

What you said (when you were not putting words in other people's mouths) was that firearms owners:

Want to kill innocent people
    Should kill/injure themselves
    Become vigilantes
    Control law enforcement (who is not enforcing gun laws)

OP also blamed the gun lobby for controlling law enforcement agencies.... If that is true.... Why the hell does this NRA member (me) have to go through his vehicle on Friday evening with a fine-tooth comb to make sure there are no hollowpoint bullets in the console, glove box or rolling around on the floorboards? Because I am going fishing in New Jersey, and HOLLOWPOINT Bullets found in my car....EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO GUN, could land me in jail for TEN YEARS!!! Thank you to New Jersey LEO's for being so controlled by this member of the gun lobby...NOT!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Added the appropriate comma.

Shesh oh Pete!

As I said, bury the topic, under an avalanche of bs.

More like the BS topic has been buried under an avalanche of truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Guns aren't for scaring they are for shooting...ONLY.People who WANT TO scare with them are ,at best, fools waiting to die.

That's not true... Guns are excellent tools for scaring people. You don't even need the gun to be loaded and can get people to do many things they wouldn't otherwise with just the threat of force alone. I certainly used a gun like that many times in Iraq to keep Iraqi civilians from getting too close to me when guarding something.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Wait, you have to clean your car to find all the errant rounds and casings strewn haphazardly about?

Are they under the empty beer cans and whisky bottles?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Bullets fall out of bags, boxes all the time. I take my ammo to the range in surplus ammo cans and god forbid I stop short for a squirrel to run across the road or something because if that can tips and opens up I've got six or seven hundred rounds rolling around the car.

If they get under the seat and into the crevasses of the car forget about it. Years will go by and one day a round will just roll out at a stop sign.

If you shoot .22's that makes it much worse. They come in little skimpy paper boxes and are like little cylindrical pennies.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

Wait, you have to clean your car to find all the errant rounds and casings strewn haphazardly about?

Are they under the empty beer cans and whisky bottles?

Don't you think that is a bit of a stretch?
Have you ever had a box of ammo open up and spill?
I have.
They go everywhere.
I am not a car detailer (no offense) and my car does have the errant McDonalds french fry (do you have young children? I do) , a couple of 22 rimfire and 9mm rounds under the seat....

Where you reach the conclusion that I drink and drive is beyond me. I drink very little alcohol nowadays, and I don't do it in my car.

new topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join