It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What's the point of this? Nobody's saying people can't get ccw permits. Even though they are doing no good. It's not like anyone steps up to the plate when a mall, movie theatre or school gets shot up. So yea, I think the world can do without them. Keep your guns at home.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would love to see the same test with the gloves and helmet omitted.

I don't think the result would change at all.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

And the shooter not knowing who among the students had a weapon.

The entire thing was bulls***.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
What's the point of this? Nobody's saying people can't get ccw permits. Even though they are doing no good. It's not like anyone steps up to the plate when a mall, movie theatre or school gets shot up. So yea, I think the world can do without them. Keep your guns at home.

You are incorrect:

Doc stops rampage shooter with legal CCW.
girlsjustwannahaveguns.com... /2014/07/doc-saves-day-gun-psychiatrist-shoots-patient-killed-co-worker-front/

Veteran with legal CCW stops rampage shooter.
bearingarms.com... ps-shooting-rampage-in-portland/

Legal CCW holder stops rampage shooter with rifle.

gunsnfreedom.com... ss-shooting-is-thwarted-by-concealed-carrier-who-shoots-man-armed-with-rifle-at-party/

And that's just on the first page of a google search. I'd suggest do a little study before making ignorant statements. Whereas rampage shooters get mass media attention because of the anti-gun agenda of the liberal media and the stopping of crime by citizens are ignored, they do happen and CCW does stop crime.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: Xtrozero

Do you think that during a real mass shooting, one would be calmer and more collected?

No panic, no adrenaline, no tunnel vision?

Not sure your point... All would be like that including the shooter. That can all be trained to not happen though. Its like flight or fight instincts when a person gets into a altercation and they can't do anything. Boxers/fighters do not get this...

We have 4 to 10 mass shootings a year in America, so are we basing all gun scenarios on that? First, a few hours of training means little, and if a person doesn't continue to work on their skills and are a CCW then they are wrong. I'm pretty good with guns, I have 28 years of military service, and I would not have flight or fight kick in if I needed to use my gun. With that said, give someone an hour of training, put a gun on their hip under their shirt and then burst into the room firing, I just find it as a setup to get some personal agenda point across.

edit on 27-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The point was that can you defend yourself against a gunman already shooting, pull your sidearm, chamber a round, disengage the safety, aim, fire, before the gunman gets the drop on you?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: HauntWok

And the shooter not knowing who among the students had a weapon.

The entire thing was bulls***.

A better scenario would be for a person walking in a mail and sees/hears some guy shooting a gun near by and the only exit is in that direction, or a woman that is trained to defend herself is walking to her car and 3 guys start to approach her and she puts her hand on her gun and when they get 40 feet from her she tells them she is armed.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That's as much instruction ( in fact in many cases more) than is required for a ccw.

Training is key, but often ccw holders have little to none.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The point was that can you defend yourself against a gunman already shooting, pull your sidearm, chamber a round, disengage the safety, aim, fire, before the gunman gets the drop on you?

The point of that video was to show it cannot be done in a rigged environment.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

First, a person who carries has the gun already chambered and safety is off, so that part is incorrect. A somewhat trained person should be able to use their non shooting hand to lift their shirt/move their coat etc and draw all at the same time. To practice tactical shooting one always starts with gun in holster, so that the draw and aim is a swift and smooth event.

If after all that you do not have time before you are shot, having or not having a gun is moot. Same as if someone walked up to you on the street and stuck a gun to the back of your head and pulled the trigger... all moot at that point, but the 100s of other scenarios put the odds in the person with a gun over the gunless person in the same situation.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That's as much instruction ( in fact in many cases more) than is required for a ccw.

Training is key, but often ccw holders have little to none.

Ok, I think it is more of norm that they have training than not. Everyone I know who carries all the time do a lot of training, it is all a part of a hobby for them.

In the case where a person is CCW and in a situation with lets say 1 hour of training, I still think they are better when you weigh it across many scenarios than having nothing at all, though in this scenario they might be screwed either way.

edit on 27-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Then produce a better scenario using the same skill level participants.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Then produce a better scenario using the same skill level participants.

No. Do you know why? Because I do not need to. The Second Amendment is not predicated on retarded, agenda-driven videos.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You don't want to because you know that untrained shooters in that situation would be less than useless 9 times out of 10.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You don't want to because you know that untrained shooters in that situation would be less than useless 9 times out of 10.

The situation you posted was a farce and even a trained shooter would not have had much of a chance as the gunman fired at the person with the weapon second. It was intentionally rigged to promote an agenda.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

As i said before, redo the test with the same skill level shooters using your parameters and show us the results.

This is the internet "togtfo"! As it were.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

As i said before, redo the test with the same skill level shooters using your parameters and show us the results.

I know you have a hard time conversing with us but I just explained why it is irrelevant. Exercising the Second Amendment does not revolve around posting moronic videos or having the ability to quick draw and fatally shoot an armed maniac at a moments notice.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It's completely relevant, you claim that ccw is the only way to save lives.

You claim the video is faulty in its presentation, fix it and show us the results.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It's completely relevant, you claim that ccw is the only way to save lives.

Really? Show me where I said that. Otherwise stop making crap up.

You claim the video is faulty in its presentation, fix it and show us the results.

I do not need to fix the video, it is irrelevant to my rights. I do not have to perform gyrations and jump around like a circus monkey to take advantage of my rights as a United States citizen.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The rest of us have to dance to keep from getting killed by maniacs that think their right to be armed trumps others right to life.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join