It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think that CCW permit holder is a safe individual? Maybe not:

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

but lightning is pretty.....how about we ban something ugly, like tornadoes or hurricanes? i could do without those...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

and the kind of people who usually go to the trouble to GET a CCW are typically people who are very into firearms, know a lot about them, and practice as often as possible....so honestly, what in the hell are you on about?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

wow...what an incredibly ignorant thing to say...

i'd ask if you have any kind of facts to back up such an idiotic assertion, but i already know you don't...you're just saying ridiculous things for the sake of saying ridiculous things....

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

there are?

-looks out the window-

funny, i don't see any...

i can safely say, i've never seen anyone lying dead in the streets...

perhaps you've been watching too many movies, and mistaking them for reality..

ETA: i really should clarify my statement...what i meant to say is that i've never seen anyone lying dead in the streets in THIS COUNTRY....other countries, that's another story...but here, i've never seen it....i'm sure it happens somewhere, from time to time, but my point is that there is no gun violence epidemic as you imply....bodies don't litter the streets...
edit on 7-27-2014 by Daedalus because: clarification

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

and just like murder, if they didn't have a gun to use, they'd use something else....

if someone wants to kill themselves, they're gonna do it, gun or not.....

seriously man, give it up...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What a pointless thread. no substantial debate.
All this OP did was create a troll post.

By the way, I get my CHL in two weeks.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

right, because NO other option can be exercised quickly, and with no means to back out..

i'll be sure to spread the word, so that when someone jumps off a building, they'll know that if they change their mind half way down, they can fly, because HauntWok said so....

or that when they're dangling from a rafter, all they need do is decide it was a bad idea, and the rope will uncoil, and let them go....

gods, where do you GET this crap?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: lardo5150
By the way, I get my CHL in two weeks.

Please be careful. From what the Original Poster has stated you will most likely morph into a homicidal maniac and randomly gun down innocent citizens.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

only to themselves...as long as it is limited to themselves, there is no issue.

it's their life, if they choose to end it, it is nobody's business but their own.

so no, they are not a danger.

your new premise is as ridiculous, and unfounded, as your others..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

and by doing so, you reinforce, and further demonstrate your short-sighted selective rage.....you show that you don't give a fig about people, you only care about the hardware, and limiting it's availability...infringing on a right.....

you specifically cite gun suicide, even though it accounts for a relatively small number of suicides, you cite murder by gun, but ignore the murder by other means...either you're mad about the end result(which is dead people), or you're mad about guns...which is it?
edit on 7-27-2014 by Daedalus because: spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well then I guess none of the criminals who illegally aquire guns, knowing full well they have extensive criminal history and would not pass a DOJ/FBI livescan background test are outstanding beacons of a true moral compass. No one should legally own guns as they're all potential criminals in your opinion -- lets just leave firearms to the established criminals who have no intent other than to cause harm

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

i'm not about slamming people based on their job...hell, i'd wash cars....but he does raise a valid point....

you make fun of us ALL the time...you call us names, imply that we're bad people, you've said some libelous, disgusting things about us...you drag us through the mud, and hurl feces at us, like an angry money, on a regular basis....and we take it.....the fact that you're not banned yet, shows that not all of us are running to the mods about you.....

we take it, and we carry on...we don't complain about it....someone pokes fun at your job, and you get mad about it...it's not fun being ridiculed.....perhaps instead of complaining, you should take the lesson to heart, and stop ridiculing those you don't know....

manners and decorum, Wok...manners and decorum..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's germane to the topic, gun owners including ccw permit holders have a higher suicide success rate than other forms of suicide.

Goes to motive.

You will have to provide proof of that statement. I don't think you have the data to prove that.

What a surprise

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

A person has the absolute right to defend themselves, even using a gun to do it.

gee, thanks..

Gun owners do not have the right to intimidate the population of the united states, nor do they have the right to threaten the government of the people, by the people, and for the people in order to facilitate a fascism.

And they're not..i don't know where in the hell you would get the ridiculous idea that they are...

and as i pointed out to you in the other thread, the government is no longer of, for, and by the people.....we already HAVE fascism here in america...i strongly urge you to look up what fascism is.....i'll give you a hint, it's NOT nazis...

And that is all they do. Which is why we need to start enforcing these laws already on the books harshly.

sorry, they're not....and what laws are you referring to?....that dubious piece of the USC that is superseded by the first amendment of the united states constitution?

The Obama administration has been to good a friend to the gun lobby.

really? how so? all i've seen out of this administration is a creeping behind the scenes effort to undermine gun ownership in this country.....but if you wanna believe he's been so friendly with the gun owners, i'm sure you can show us how he's been doing this..

Allowing what amounts to terror cells to begin to form.

oh, jesus christ....terror cells? FFS, you gotta stop with the hyperbole....just because you dislike guns doesn't mean their owners are terror cells, and just because you think that the current jerked off version of our government that we have right now is SO wonderful, doesn't mean people who disagree with you (and have facts and reality behind them) are terror cells...

seriously, do you read this crap before you post it? it's complete nonsense....if you think gun owners, and people who are pissed about the state of the union are terrorist cells, then you are a fool, and have NO idea what terror looks like...

The gun lobby does not have the right to strip from the people their right to choose their representatives in this government.

and they're not....where do you get this crap from?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lardo5150

well then, accept my early congratulations.....

be safe, and do us proud..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

and a dog....can't forget the dog...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

see this exactly this right here? this is why we pro-gunners are winning because the anti gunners cant even come up with even a halfway decent arguments these days.
motive and means? just missing opportunity? thats a giant leap oh though crime advocating human.

but thanks you got me able to go buy a new gun today as every time an anti gunner makes a horrible logic failing argument a gun owner goes out and rescues a shelter gun(pawn shop/private party sale) from a sad life of sitting on shelf with no one to fire it,feed it ammo and give it nice targets to shoot at.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So, how about this?

Interesting.

I do not find it very interesting. A setup scenario where a would be killer burst into the room and kills the instructor and then turns on the person with the gun and because that person didn't have their gun out in 2 seconds and firing is a failed scenario. I would love to put anyone in that same situation, the pros would be hard to do it too.

So ya, if you are targeted in seconds and your gun is in its holster still and the other guy is in a shooting stance already aiming at you....geez

I didn't see them practice drawing the gun at all, just some basic shooting. It helps when one takes their non-shooting hand and pulls up their shirt and then draws the gun as one swift move, but hey...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Do you think that during a real mass shooting, one would be calmer and more collected?

No panic, no adrenaline, no tunnel vision?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Do you think that during a real mass shooting, one would be calmer and more collected?

No panic, no adrenaline, no tunnel vision?

Do you think any one with a permit would be wearing bulky gloves and a helmet while staring upwards?

That 'test' was compelely rigged.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join