It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake Oil for sale! Break out your sugar pills for back pain!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well it turns out that a new study is stating that Tylenol and Panadol are basically a placeebo when it comes to back pain. Makes me curious, all these wonder products are out there, and even something that I would call a "staple" that has been around for a long time not doing what it is supposed to do. Maybe it's all in our head, but someone is definitely profitting from the claims boxed and shipped to us as cures.

Tylenol and Panadol Prove No Better Than Placebo at Helping Back Pain

I did a quick search but did not see this article, please remove if it has already been covered.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: QuietSpeech
Not to surprised, I quit using that crap many years ago. It doesn't do nothing for anything, at least not for me.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have never felt any effects from Tylenol, and the worst part is "effective" doses are frighteningly close to toxic levels. Ibprofun or similar NSAIDS on the other hand, have a noticeable effect.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

Well now I understand why various people through out my life have refused to use tylenol or aspirin and would rather let thier bodies take care of aches and pains on it's own.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Sounds like something I should look into, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Actually, I use ibuprofen, works great for my chronic migraines and pains from other injuries.
There is another substance I use also which works even better but can't really talk about it as I would be violating the t&c.
And no its not painkillers as they make me sick.

Peace.

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If I have a bad back, I can just eat a white clover flower after the bee gets to it. It works for about three hours but you need to make sure not to keep working.

There is a problem with this I have found, a very important note. The white clover in the way up north does not have toxic properties. They do not know why. But much of the white clover in the south has toxic glycogens. So do not be eating the clover where it does not get hard winters. The clover up north has a mutation that stops it from making these toxic chemicals, they think it is because producing these toxins when the season is shorter draws too much power from the plant. They are antipreditor defense chemicals. Also, in severe drought, the plants make this defense chemical to make sure they survive, the things that eat them would wipe them out if they didn't. So even up north they could possibly be dangerous.

So I should say, don't eat white clover to most people, there is no way of telling which has this chemistry and which doesn't, they are the same plant. Now, I think you should be able to taste something different, but up here they taste kinda good...because they probably do not have this glycogen. I think it is a cyanic glycogen. Not something to mess with.

Just informing people about what I have found out recently.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Tylenol works for some minor pains with me but not back pain unless I had just slept wrong. Mainly it works for chronic headaches. It isn't supposed to work on anything major nor should you notice it working.

Many people take medication for perceived pains (imaginary) in those cases a sugar pill will work just as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I used to take Goody and Stan-Bac powders. They seemed to work a lot better than Tylenol. But if you have major chronic pain, only the prescription pain meds work.

link   
Effective non narcotic back pain pill Tramadol.....

link   
Effective non narcotic back pain pill Tramadol.....

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I read one report that said 80% of back pain is a result of dehydration.

who knows

top topics

join