It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Geckos are "doing science" in space, and they are out of control.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

A satellite full of geckos is lost in space, Russian by design, 'o' naturale nature love making inside. Scientists were taking telemetry of mating activities in space and controls stopped working but the data is still coming in.

Must be a real trip for the little guys...

At this very moment, a Russian satellite full of geckos -- (possibly) having sex -- is floating around in space -- and mission control has lost the ability to control it.

The Foton-M4 research satellite launched on July 19 with five geckos on board. The plan: To observe their mating activities in the zero-gravity conditions of Earth orbit. Several other earthly creatures, including plants and insects, were also placed on board for experiments.

But shortly after the satellite made its first few orbits, it stopped responding to commands from mission control. The equipment on board, however, is still sending scientific data back to earth, a spokesman for Russia's Institute of Biomedical Problems said.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Yeah, I heard about those poor little guys.

S&F for reporting it to ATS

Thought I wonder why the heck does Russia want to study the effect of microgravity on the mating of geckos?? Not sure in what way will this benefit mankind (last time I checked we were mammals)?

edit on 25-7-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Ahhhh. So this is the true birth place of Godzilla. Born in a bath of cosmic rays, survives re-entry and lands in the Pacific right next to Fukashima.

Damn smart of those Russians what?

I wish stuff like this was available on U-tube. I just think it would be a great comedy.

P

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I predict some aliens will mutate the DNA with their own. Russia will eventually regain control of the satellite (by alien design). We will bring those little guys back to earth and within 12 months the Reptoids will have conquered earth. David Ike was right!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
They mutated and hijacked the satellite .. guess russia wanted their own godzilla ..

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Observing geckos mating in space has huge potential scientific implications.
From zero point energy to artificial intelligence, this experiment could have revolutionized the way we conduct science and our understanding of the universe. It is save to assume that this mission was boycotted by the US due to the dangerous nature of the experiment.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Clairaudience
From zero point energy

If you know what zero-point energy is, you'll know that gecko mating has no relation with zero-point energy.

to artificial intelligence

We already can emulate artificial intelligence here in Earth. I myself had an AI at home from Isomer Programming. Once again the observation of the mating of geckos wouldn't really change a thing.

this experiment could have revolutionized the way we conduct science and our understanding of the universe.

Or it would have made a major hit on YouTube as a reality show about a couple of geckos having sexual intercourses in space.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Great , So this is how the reptilians got created.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Or it would have made a major hit on YouTube as a reality show about a couple of geckos having sexual intercourses in space.

Yup one of the geckos would be a binge drinker punch drunk every night on tang bitch-slapping his girl. The other having an identity crisis and gives herself to all the other geckos not understanding why no one likes her.....also a drunk. And yet another who thinks he's cool because his dark tan matches the bed sheets best scoring a free grope to unawares geckos trying to catch some shut eye.

Surely it will garner 2 million+ viewers for the premier.
edit on 25-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Well, this silly video of "Parrot Loves New Bunny" did score 3 million hits:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

From zero point energy to artificial intelligence, this experiment could have revolutionized the way we conduct science and our understanding of the universe. It is save to assume that this mission was boycotted by the US due to the dangerous nature of the experiment.

O really? that's interesting... Can you tell us in more detail.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
My first thought was 'I want to have sex in zero gravity.' After pondering it briefly, I realized that would probably be messy.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

You reminded me of something similar I heard a while back where NASA did want to try to experiment on Rats mating in zero gravity using Velcro to keep them together but was deemed not feasable as the rats would eat the velcro (not sure if they actually went ahead with the experient, was a long time ago)

Thinking on that, Geckos seem the very best solution to the velcro-rat idea. Seing that they can cling on to almost anything it seems. Thanks for the post

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maltese5Rhino

You reminded me of something similar I heard a while back where NASA did want to try to experiment on Rats mating in zero gravity using Velcro to keep them together but was deemed not feasable as the rats would eat the velcro (not sure if they actually went ahead with the experient, was a long time ago)

Thinking on that, Geckos seem the very best solution to the velcro-rat idea. Seing that they can cling on to almost anything it seems. Thanks for the post

They designed a sex harness for humans also.

Twenty positions were tested by computer simulation to obtain the best 10, he says. "Two guinea pigs then tested them in real zero-gravity conditions. The results were videotaped but are considered so sensitive that even Nasa was only given a censored version."

Only four positions were found possible without "mechanical assistance". The other six needed a special elastic belt and inflatable tunnel, like an open-ended sleeping bag.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 25-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

sarcasm:
the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

sarcasm:
the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny.

So I can't get Zero Point Energy from Geckos?

edit on 25-7-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
These sick puppies sent living beings into space where they will soon dehydrate and starve to death. "Ya, Dr. Mengele, let's see what happens to lizards in space". These Russian sadists and animal experimenters will carefully look at their data collectors to see what will happen next.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
So I can't get Zero Point Energy from Geckos?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I 100% agree.

I pity these poor geckos.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

seriously, i dont get the point of this. what data can really be gleamed with observing geckos getting it on in a zero gravity environment? this has to be one of the weirder experiments ive heard about recently.

<<   2  3 >>

join