It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Missed Solar Catastrophe Two Years Ago: NASA (Remember all the 2012 prophecies?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It seems all the 2012 doom was very close to coming to fruition.

What would the world be like today if this had hit? Population down to 2 billion? The developed world would have been decimated that much is for certain.

"The ejection was so powerful that it would have sent us back to the dark ages"

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Andromedabound

the rich become the beggars and the poor become the wise

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Andromedabound

"The ejection was so powerful that it would have sent us back to the dark ages"

This quote was written by the author of the news report, not NASA. Not saying we wouldn't have had some effects here on Earth though.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I wonder sometimes with all the talk about national security why a solar event is not taken more seriously and the electric grid is not hardened.. I have heard it could be done for somewhere between 2 and 4 billion.. Can you imagine a first world country without electricity for a couple of months ? Talk about a national security nightmare ! Whew !

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

We may be experiencing the darker aspects of our nature and it is difficult to understand the purpose of suffering however we are blessed, far beyond what we can currently imagine due to our limited understanding.

You can see the changes happening all around for the better, it is not televised that is not what the television is for, but if you tune into the subtle energies all around you, you begin to understand the connection between all things and it is quite beautiful. To help heal this world heal yourself, than offer that healing with intention and thought, also known as prayer!

Celebrate everyday with reverence and gratitude!

Namaste Aloha
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

This is much along the same lines as the near-meteor strike over Russia a while back: It's simply dumb-luck that's keeping us from chaos/utter destruction. Any old time could be it. But... It's alright, we're obviously exceedingly lucky as a species...

What's not so becoming of us is our terminal habit of placing our entire existence on increasingly fragile artificial systems...

That fact will add a huge "d'oh" factor to whatever calamity comes from what may otherwise have been a "not so bad" type of event, like a CME/solar flare back in the 1800s as opposed to the 2000s.

Our everything is electronic in "civilized" life today.

Every.
Single.
Thing.

It almost seems like it's... Dare I say it?

Intentional

edit on 25-7-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well it's a good thing that John Titor changed the timeline and saved us. The best thing is that the only price we had to pay was the shift changing the Berenstein Bears to the Bearenstain Bears.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: grantbeed

"Some effects"? you serious?
Take away the power for 12 hours and people are screaming blue murder... what if it never came back on?

Might want to do a little research on what would happen if the GPS, power grid and communication networks were to go 'off line' for potentially months. Remember Katrina? People forget their manners pretty quickly... society breaks down.

The reporter certainly stated the truth when he said it had the potential to take us back to the stone age. No these are not NASA's comments, they don't generally make sensational announcements, but the reporter summed up the situation pretty well in my book.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Couldn't agree more. Let's just say we have a false sense of security.

I sometimes wonder if the ancients had an understanding of these sun cycles, and that's why they didn't rely on electricity/satellites so heavily. Thick stone buildings anyone? I remember reading that 2 feet of concrete would shield most of the potentially hazardous radiation from such an event.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Link of the solar eruption:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Aqualung2012

Couldn't agree more. Let's just say we have a false sense of security.

I sometimes wonder if the ancients had an understanding of these sun cycles, and that's why they didn't rely on electricity/satellites so heavily. Thick stone buildings anyone? I remember reading that 2 feet of concrete would shield most of the potentially hazardous radiation from such an event.

That's just silly. The ancients didn't use satellites because they were worried about solar flares?

As for stone buildings, they built buildings out of stone because that's what they had lying around. Even a 2012-style solar flare wouldn't be harmful in itself to humans on the surface of the Earth.

This isn't really news anyway. NASA issued a press release about it in August 2012, not long after the event:

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

You seriously think we are the highest civilisation to inhabit this place?
Go back to sleep. Or even better, build me a pyramid and I'll believe you.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Rob48

You seriously think we are the highest civilisation to inhabit this place?
Go back to sleep. Or even better, build me a pyramid and I'll believe you.

OK, give me a few thousand African slaves and a few years and I'll get right on it.

What do pyramids have to do with anything?

And why does anything involving space bring all the mystical/spiritual crowd out out of the woodwork?

Look, there was a bigger CME in 1859. It didn't wipe us out. Yes, one of that magnitude would be damaging, but it's not doomsday.
edit on 25-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
And why does anything involving space bring all the mystical/spiritual crowd out out of the woodwork?

Decades of ancient aliens / ascended masters theories would be my guess.

I couldn't say if aliens or what-have-you visited us in the past (though I don't believe a lick of what Daniken/Sitchin, and all their disciples have to say about it) or not, but one thing that bothers me is how some people believe man could not have built (fill in the blank) without help or advanced tech.

So much for human innovation I guess.
edit on 25-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It seems all the 2012 doom was very close to coming to fruition.

Whats does this actually get you though?
It's sort of like saying "This supermodel almost kissed me 2 years ago" .

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Yeah if caveman had access to gas generators and batteries that is. The statement may sum it up for those who think in extremes. a reply to: Andromedabound

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Please add to one of the existing threads below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Closed.

top topics

join