It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DayZ Standalone game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Anyone else play DayZ, the Standalone version? I just recently got into the game and am pretty excited about it.

For those that dont know what DayZ is, the game is basically a gigantic huge map with 40 players. Here's the actual map of the game. dayzdb.com...

There are some "zombies" (the game is supposed to take place after a zombie apocalypse), but the game is still in alpha stage of development, so the zombie AI isnt really good at the moment. (Alpha version is quite awhile before the Beta version, meaning that the game is still being developed, and there's going to be a bunch of bugs and glitches in its current form. I like playing Alpha stage games because I consider it as an investment for the final version of the game, as long as everything develops well.)

Anyways, here's a basic intro video on what to do in DayZ. (*Note - This game is online only, be prepared to hear some cussing and such from other players). Basically, you run around and find clothes, food, weapons, drinks, etc.... and try to survive. You'll be fighting the "glitched zombies" (which will hopefully be fixed soon), and fight other players. (Most players kill you as soon as they see you, so be prepared.....and 1 shot will usually kill you to) You could try and form a party with another player/players, but odds are, they will shoot you right as they see you.

The video intro starts in Berezino, and as other DayZ players know, Berezino isnt the best place to be. Everyone goes there to kill eachother. There's a buildup to a big firefight beginning at 16:45 if you want to skip to that. The guys doing commentary just happen to walk into a big shootout at that time in this intro.

Here's a couple more videos of random firefights in the game.

The next video is from Frankie1080 and I think it's pretty much staged, but it's still a good video (he gets "captured", gets killed, and then returns for revenge with some random players).

ETA - And one more video just for fun

edit on 25-7-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Are You Friendly?

You bandit? pewpewpew!

Oh yeah tho... most people aren't friendly. You will get hurt feelings trying to find a team on there. lol its awesome.
edit on 7/25/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
My advice to anyone thinking about playing this is to get friends to come into the game with you; you will NOT survive well as a solo player

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

That's pretty much what happened to me on my very first time joining a server. I decided to join a server named "Friendly" or something, and right when I spawned, a group of like 7 dudes ran up to me and little kids were screaming Allah Akbar! They asked if I was friendly or bandit, then promptly shot me in the head. I was only alive about 10 seconds on my first spawn.

The last few times I've been killed by other players have been kind of different though. We run into eachother, I try to talk and also wave and do the friendly dance. They usually stare at me for about 30 seconds to a minute, and then shoot me. They dont even say anything anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Agreed. I've been solo everytime I play, and it's not really been working out too well.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Get in a server with only 1 or 2 players and explore, chances are you will not bump into anyone.

Also if you do run into someone put your hands up and speak up it can save your butt.

Most important thing to do is memorize the keyboard controls.

P.s
If you run into a house when it's dark and start scanning the room for objects and you suddenly see a guy with a clown mask coming at you and then splitting your head open with a fire ax, sorry in advanced.

edit on 26-7-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2014 by thesaneone because: Gammr

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Get in a server with only 1 or 2 players and explore, chances are you will not bump into anyone.

That's what I've been doing for the past 2 days. I currently only play on servers hosted by GameServers, or those with a ton of other servers.

For my latest life, I spawned in Svetlojarsk and have been running around to the nearby towns. Olsha, some 2 word town name with the military building with a tower, and the huge Nodov. city. There's 2 small towns east of Novod and a small military base to.

I've just been trying to get familiar with my surroundings. I ran to Novod. last time I played, and joined the server with only 5 people. By the time I got to Novod, there was about 30 people in the game and I just hunkered down until I decided it was late (5am) and quit.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

FYI, I found a pretty good group of guys on the Green Mountain Sanctuary server. I only downloaded DayZ about a week ago and already love it. IMHO, It plays almost exactly like a real SHTF scenario would play out minus the people already hunkered down and ready to defend what they have already stored up. The game is ultimately fun anyways so I recommend it to anyone.

ETA: Speaking Russian, or more specifically reading it, helps to figure out where you are but not necessary. I would really love if they released the full game where people can upload their own maps. I would love to play a game of DayZ in my own neighborhood instead of some place in Russia.
edit on 7/26/14 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

I play DayZ only with my friends on Military Gamers or Survival Operations, this way I've got my back covered

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Is there any ATS DayZ group? Pretty much can't trust anybody I meet in the game but would be nice to have some peeps I know won't stab me in the back.

top topics

join