It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is there antisemitism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
why is there antisemitism?
not really a rant, but an honest question.

i view antisemitism as i do racism, just plan ol' dumb.

however, i can understand the origins of racism. near as i can figure, racism started in europe as an offshoot of the slave trade. see, slavery was around forever, but it wasnt racial. it was debt, or spoils of war based. then europe started going to africa more and found a whole lot of people less advanced than them that had slaves (again based on warfare and/or debt, not race) and bought them. they then started to skip the middle man and just took all of them and brought them to the u.s.

once in the u.s., generations would be born and die in slavery. the whites, because all they ever saw was blacks in chains, naturally assumed this to be the way things were. the natural order if you will. not to mention that slaves were uneducated and poor, which led the whites to view them as less than. hence race based slavery, and racism, is born.

not justifying, just identifying. i could be wrong, but its a nice tidy theory.

so how did antisemitism start? since most of us are here because we like conspiracy theories, im sure most of us have hear all the anti-jew ones, like they rule hollywood, or the secret cabal of bankers, and what not. also, lets look at history and how they have been treated through the years.

what makes them different?

looking at their timeline, i really dont see anything special. from their own holy book, they were a warrior tribe that went through the land killing every man, woman, and child till they carved out their own territory. nothing special about that, as about everybody did that from the greeks to the romans to the huns. so it cant have started with war stories from their neighbors "hey, did you hear about the hebrews? they kill everything" cause im sure similar stories surrounded the above mentioned groups. also the above groups took a lot more land than the hebrews, so surely they made more enemies, right?

they now control israel, falling under either egypt or roman rule for a few hundred years. then circa 72 c.e. they revolt and rome destroys them. rome didnt do it because they were jews, but because they dared challenge roman rule. still no antisemitism.

during the middle ages the jews are in europe, and from books ive read from the time, they are not looked on kindly. this is the first mention of the "jew-banker". remember shakespeare and shylock? a jew banker and antagonist in the play. also, in ivanhoe, jews are treated badly, just for being jews. why is this?

what happened between 72 c.e. and shakespeare to start the antijew ideology?

why did hitler kill all the jews? granted he had just about everyone killed, from gypsys to gays, but jews were of special interest. why?

it cant be because they say they are a gods chosen, because many people have been chosen by their gods. the athenians were the chosen of athena, yet we dont have antiathenians.

ive heard the "christians blame jews for the death of christ" angle, which would make sense. i mean, if you kill my messiah, i might be a little upset. however, even with the rise of christianity, i cant see how that would start antisemitism to the degree that it is today. hitler may have been racist, but i dont think he would have executed 6 million blacks like he did the jews. why did he have a special form of hate for them?

as for todays culture, i can understand that. we saw a great tragedy befall a people, so to make sure that didnt happen again, we went overboard in their support. way overboard. its to the point now that if you so much as disagree with israel, you automatically want them to be destroyed and all jews exterminated. what about the middle ground of "hey, i looked at their history and they dont exactly smell like roses"? this stance does not make one antisemitic, especially if you admit that both sides have done so jacked up stuff.

so, whats your theory on why antisemitism exists to such a degree that it does?

as you can see, i really have no idea, and im looking for a nice tidy theory that makes sense, like my racism theory.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
haven t got time to reply in detail, but just think to yourself are arabs semites too? yes they are, now ask yourself why does the word "anti-semite' seem to only apply to those who hate jews?, did they buy that word too along with all the banks? no they stole it, like they did the Palestinians land, and the American congress(oh oops they paid for that one with money they stole)

nuff said
edit on 25-7-2014 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'll tell you. Some folks don't know how to mind there own business. Then there is one that sees this and uses it to control the masses (people) ..then we have war. Easy.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Because they made it damn hard to have a decent holiday on the Gaza Strip?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Why is there antisemitism?

Same reason(s) there's anti Islamism, anti Christianity, anti caucasianism/whiteism, anti africanism/negroism/blackism, anti asianism, anti arabism, anti khazarianism, anti zionism, anti mormonism, anti palastinianism, anti americanism, anti scienceism, anti religionism, anti masonism, anti (fill in the blank)ism...

A) a relatively few jerks making the rest look bad,
and
B) a relatively few ignorant folks thinking that the rest are all just like the few jerks

Unfortunately no group is jerk proof, a few can always "infiltrate" any group.

In answering your question, I have come up with an interesting question of my own.

Why is antisemitism a regularly used word (auto correct knew right what i was trying to spell), but i had to "make up" all those other examples? (i had to override auto correct on all of them) All of those groups i see regularly hated on or disliked but semites have their own special word for being hated or disliked. Why do you suppose that is? Or would that be considered antisemitic for me to be curious about that?

EDIT TO ADD-

As for your other question about another group known as Jews "why did Hitler have a special hate against the Jews?" Well I'm not sure exactly, but maybe you could try "asking" him. I've never read "My Struggle" (Mein Kempf) but I would venture a guess there may be some reasons listed. I've heard there was also a Mein Kempf sequel too but I could be wrong. Maybe even a Wikipedia search might summarize the book and include some reasons or they may be found on the Web somewhere but just typing "why did Hitler hate the Jews?".

I have read a little bit about ww2 and watched some documentary type stuff on the History channel, and the best I can remember about that particular subject was he blamed them for ww1 failures because/and they were trying to or did take over the financial institutions. But I'm sure that's a very simplified answer and my memory is not to be trusted on that matter as it was never the focus of my interests in ww2 and besides it's been a while since I've gone over the material.
edit on 7/25/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Suggest you learn how to distinguish between anti-israel and anti-semitism .. just because people are opposed to israels crimes against humanity does not make them anti-semites . I know many jewish people who are opposed to israels actions and speak out against israel. Does that make them anti-semite ?

Stop and THINK before you buy the lies and propaganda being put out.
edit on 25/7/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/7/14 by Expat888 because: typos.. grrr..

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Why did someone star me?? Because most folks are good..then once and awhile a jerk comes along with the right words. The folks that need..hear that ..then all hell breaks. That is the human race.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Ah let's not critisize israel at all. That would be antisemetic. That word ( antisemetic) is one of the biggest weapons to exist. Many different people and races have had tragic history, but none have a weapon like this.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Gotta jump in Pat and echo that sentiment.

I'm anti-Israeli, not anti-Jew. I know fine well there are plenty of Jews out there who are anti-Israeli also, so I sleep well at night, ....dreaming.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

Shemites are not just Jews.... Go read the Bible and see how many different tribes, nations, people come from the line of Shem. The Zionists have just hijacked that word for their own benefits.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Because if you don't agree with the atrocities Israel commits you are an anti-Semite. That's why.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson

what happened between 72 c.e. and shakespeare to start the antijew ideology?

Its an interesting question. Even Martin Luther (penned (or revised if you wish) much of the KJ bible) Had harsh feelings towards the Jews. Maybe its nothing more than wanting to indoctrinate us to think that there must always be a villian or "bad guy." A way for us to learn how to fear.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

let me reenforce what haxsaw says. the Primary definition of Semite is a speaker of Arabic, Hebrew, Aramaic, Akkdian..and several other ME languages. That is the Primary definition, and an anti semite would be a hater of the speakers of those languages. mostly arabic. anti semitism meaning hating Jews is doubly corrupt because a Jew does not have to speak Hebrew. It is a linguistic trick by the zionists to confuse their opponents into accepting an impossible label...only someone with a rare clinical insanity could hate speakers of a variety of languages..

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Christians have held a grudge for a long time for terminating Jesus. That has lasted 1000's of years.

Read up on Zionism. It's like white supremacists except they've got even more claims of birthright. A lot of people don't appreciate the words and actions of Zionists. Opposing Zionism is routinely twisted into hating Jews, but it's a very different thing.

The weirdest thing to me is that 'Murican Christians really have a love for Israel and Zionists because they believe the stuff that's going on over there is part of the prophesy predicting end times. George Bush was one of these dupes. Sick nihilists if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Antisemitism is simply a buzz word made up by some propagandist to invoke a feeling for a specific group of people.
Problem is, semites are a large group of people that are generally not covered by this buzz word.
It's either racism or it is not, no other terms need be invented.
edit on 25-7-2014 by g146541 because: tea and toast w/jam!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Even Dickens felt inclined to note that Fagin was a Jew. He constantly revered to him as the Jew.
edit on AM000000310000000773058312014-07-25T08:58:54-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why don't the Italians take any of that heat then? It was the Romans who put him on the cross. The Jews just allowed it to happen so the soldiers wouldn't come for them too. a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

when it comes to the "jews killed christ" thing, ive heard that saul/paul put the blame on the jews rather than the romans because rome was THE power at the time. in order to continue his mission, he couldnt be very vocal against rome, or his mission would have ended before it even began.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think it boils down to humanities tribal nature. We're pack animals so there is a genetic predisposition for us to choose sides and be aggressive tward the opposition. It's our greatest virtue and our most destructive trait.

Sadly, the media, religion and politicians use our tribal nature to create sides when there are none.

As a civilized society we are trying to lose our negative evolutionary traits. Like clubbing mates and dragging them back to our cave, but it's a work in progress....

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

i agree, a few jerks ruin the bunch.

i tried to read mein kampf, but it was so badly written that it hurt my brain and i had to put it down.

what you wrote about the jews taking over the financial institutions reminds me of the "jew banker" conspiracy theory, so im a little dodgy on that. i dont think a bunch of jews got together and said "hey, lets take over the banks and get the world to hate us".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join