It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Looks like more heat on the border crisis.

Now they say the Government will "allow" refugee status to Honduran migrants.

This is an Administration action/proposal, not Congress at work.

And, the refugee "status" would be "granted" IN Honduras as opposed to recent possible refugee/amnesty status being considered *after* migrants enter the U.S. as "illegals".

Hoping to stem the recent surge of migrants at the Southwest border, the Obama administration is considering whether to allow hundreds of minors and young adults from Honduras into the United States without making the dangerous trek through Mexico, according to a draft of the proposal.

If approved, the plan would direct the government to screen thousands of children and youths in Honduras to see if they can enter the United States as refugees or on emergency humanitarian grounds. It would be the first American refugee effort in a nation reachable by land to the United States, the White House said, putting the violence in Honduras on the level of humanitarian emergencies in Haiti and Vietnam, where such programs have been conducted in the past amid war and major crises.

U.S . Considering Refugee Status for Hondurans

extra sources;
Obama May Bypass Congress To Grant Refugee Status For Hondurans

Honduran President Says U.S. Weak Laws To Blame For Child Migration Crisis

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Does this ever end? WTH!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1
Sources full of ifs and mays but of course let's make a thread taking about it happening!
Can't you just wait for this to actually happen? Or do you need to be able to say "i told you so"?

edit on thFri, 25 Jul 2014 01:31:19 -0500America/Chicago720141980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thFri, 25 Jul 2014 01:44:09 -0500America/Chicago720140980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeap...I guess you're right

ETA
Huh?
edit on 7/25/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
After reading the link about the Honduran President it seems that if the US would pay $285 million in aid the flow of illegals from Honduras slow down. It sounds like protection money. How much of that $285 million is he going to give Obama for writing executive orders to create loop holes in the law. I can understand they don't want to call them immigrants because an immigrant want to become a citizen but the one's they are letting in could care less about being a citizen much less about being legal, they don't even want to learn to speak the language. Sorry I don't want to press 2 to speak English. How soon before Obama learns from Putin and starts calling his refugee's pro Honduran separatists and want to give them land, will he let Honduras annex Texas, that will piss off Mexico they've been working on that for a while.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

If this continues, then I see a time (very soon) where US citizens (the legal ones) would also be able to apply for refugee status.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

If this continues, then I see a time (very soon) where US citizens (the legal ones) would also be able to apply for refugee status.

Maybe in Mexico or Bulivia?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
And, the refugee "status" would be "granted" IN Honduras as opposed to recent possible refugee/amnesty status being considered *after* migrants enter the U.S. as "illegals".

Odd how our Government loves to reinvent the wheel. (That's sarcasm) If the administration would bother to read our own State Dept. website they would find that this is already the way it's *supposed* to be done where Latin American "refugee status" is concerned. The only thing they would have to worry about is this pesky little thing:

The FY 2014 ceiling for refugee admissions from Latin America and the Caribbean is 5,000. Of these, the vast majority will be Cubans processed through the in-country program.

But then again.. it's not like they even know that statement exsists to begin with, and if they do... they don't give a randy rats patoot and will continue on the path of blissful ignorance and willful disregard to the laws they are sworn to uphold.

As for the President of Honduras... pot meet kettle. He can go rub rock salt.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I still say we sike them all out and tens of millions of Americas should run across the border into Mexico, Honduras, etc. and set up shop for about a year. Or would we be shot or put in prison by the governments there?
When you start hearing attorney politicians refer to law-breaking illegal invaders as "refugees" then you better get worried because a big loophole is about to be opened.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

And when you start comprising other countries laws to ours you have officially gone off the deep end IMO.
What do others countries laws have to do with the USA's?
Apples to oranges there bud, apples to oranges

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I maybe a bit crazy, but I read that most of the children were ages 15-17 years old.

Now, it is my understanding that the cartels recruit children in these areas as young as 9, 10 years old.
How can we be SURE we are not opening the floodgates to cartel activity here in the US?

IF I WERE a cartel, and I wanted to set up shop in the US, I would start recruiting kids even harder.

JMO, I'm not comfortable with the way they are busing them around the nation like they are.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hadriana

How can you sure that they really are recruiting them??
We can't be sure either way, so it would be illogical to assume either way.
I can't tell you for a fact they are not being recruited but you can not tell me for a fact that they are.

I doubt your mind works the same way as a cartel member.
So your ideas of what they might, or could do does not really mean much unless you want to admit you have the same mindset as a cartel member.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well the current administration sure acts like a cartel.

That is currently engaging in human trafficking.

ILLEGALS are not 'refugees'.

They are ILLEGAL.

Because the current potus told them they were 'special' rules don't apply to them.

And they believe it.

No man or group of people are ABOVE the law.

No ONE.

Not even a lying potus.

Not even those people coming here without one GD thought to this nation's RULE of law.
edit on 25-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I've read it - it's been pretty widely reported that they DO recruit them very early.

www.wired.com...

But you know,as far as your comments, how can anyone know anything? I have to base my thinking on what is reported from reliable sources.

And no, I'm not a cartel member, but I've always been pretty black hat in my thinking. SOMEBODY needs to be.
edit on 25-7-2014 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I wont disagree with you that gangs in general,not just the south american ones, recruit at a young age.
Just like police and fire departments recruit at a young age.
Just like young marines or the other services programs that allow youths from all ages into them.
Get them why they are young, of course

But to make that leap and condone all the kids coming over as possible gang members/recruits just cause it is reported that gangs recruit young is a stretch.
Seems like you are trying to say, since gangs recruit kids, then all kids are gang members.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So the only way they can be a refugee is if they they wait until we say it is ok for them to become one...Keep them in the danger zone until they can complete the year or longer process.
They are not illegal if the qualify as a refugee or are here for asylum. Hence the reason for them to be processed and found out if they qualify, regardless of how they got here.
No not all of them are, I wont say they are. But to blindly say that NONE of them are just cause how they got here?
That is ignorant. Humble opinion of course
ref·u·gee
: one that flees; especially : a person who flees to a foreign country or power to escape danger or persecution
no where does it say they have to do it 'legally'
Just that they are fleeing danger

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Nope, that's NOT my point. My point is how do we KNOW that we are not letting gang members in, potentially in droves, and how do we KNOW that our letting ALL the children in so freely will not encourage the gang members to recruit MORE kids - for the purpose of infiltrating America?

http: //www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/25/gop-lawmakers-fight-plan-to-bring-more-illegal-immigrant-children-to-military/?intcmp=latestnews

Most are saying, IMO, "But these are children, think about the children!"

I am just saying, I don't care if they are children or not, I'm suspicious of people coming in droves like this and being welcomed with no documentation and wide arms and bused all over the nation, and onto our military bases.

We could be opening the gates to the harmless little toy horse.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

We don't KNOW either way, that is a pipe dream to say either way.
And if those kids are getting separated from the gangs in central america then their chances of get recruited but them are smaller, which is really want to you want right? To get the kids away from the gangs?
Of course there are gangs here in america, that might try and recruit them but what are you going to do about that?
And its not like those gangs are starving for recruits, they have our own citizens to go to.

We could be opening our gates to kids that are really escaping getting murdered for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
If you want to think it is a trojan horse that is your right, just hope you go other places then fox for the info that leads you there

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Keep them in the danger zone until they can complete the year or longer process

Prove it.

Where is all the main stream media at ?

Shouldn't they be down there 'making' their case. ?

But they aren't.

And they are only being called 'refugees' because the GD media refuses to do their job.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I tell ya what ?

The only people who 'deserve' refugee status are the women living in Mosul.

There's a current thread about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join