It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States said on Thursday that Russia was firing artillery across its border with Ukraine to target Ukrainian military positions in the conflict with pro-Russian separatists

State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf also said there was evidence that the Russians intended to deliver heavier and more powerful multiple rocket launchers to the separatist forces.

Harf, speaking at a regular media briefing, cited intelligence reports but said she could give no more information of what the reports were based on.

A U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the artillery fire began on or after this Tuesday. The official declined to say what targets had been hit but said the United States had no evidenc

U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military

I have absolutely no idea how this is not headlining here on ATS right now. Anyways, the link is to Yahoo but the source is Reuters.

The United States is claiming that starting on Thursday, the Russians began firing artillery shells at Ukrainian military targets from the Russian side of the border.

I do not have much to add at this point - If this is true, coupled with the letters supposedly being distributed at the Ukraine border telling people to evacuate (the thread was 404'd unfortunately) I think we may see an all out Russian invasion of Ukraine in the next couple days.

This is huge people! Let me repeat - the Russians are openly firing artillery from Russia into Ukraine.

I'd love to hear thoughts and please let's keep it civil this is not Russia versus America here.
edit on 24-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

And Kiev used artillery and bombs on their own people, like what can be said to realize who is responsible for the mess in Ukraine?
edit on 24-7-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
no evidence was presented yet.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I can't take anything coming from that government seriously anymore. I Heard NATO pilots were flying Ukrainian fighter Jets, but just like the US accusations it's merely speculation because they don't and can't provide factual evidence. They are simply making noise and nothing more.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
All excellent points. I would like to remind you all (so the OP does not get slaughtered) that I tend to side with Russia on the whole Ukraine matter.

Exactly as another poster said - the Ukrainian military has been hitting civilians with both artillery and tank fire so really one cannot blame the Russians for targeting some military targets. That is IF this story is true at all.

I am with you guys on this one, I do not trust a word the United States government says. The thing is - if this is the narrative they are pursuing, they will continue to do so until the public wants to take action against Russia.

Personally, I think Kiev's little false flag operation failed with MH17 and they are now resorting to any means necessary to attempt to provoke a war with Russia.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

I have absolutely no idea how this is not headlining here on ATS right now.

probably because it's the same baseless claims as usual... why are they so bad at presenting evidence?

edit on 24-7-2014 by SUBKONCIOUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SUBKONCIOUS

Absolutely valid point. I think the USGov is full of it. But if today they are saying Russia is firing artillery. Tomorrow we will hear they are preparing for a ground invasion - true or not.

At this point - I honestly think Russia has each and every right to invade the Ukraine. Kiev needs to be stopped by somebody not sponsored.

This ties in with my belief that any nation who pleases right now has a right to invade Israel. You do not murder civilians or you're own people - 'separatists' or not.
edit on 24-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I don't have much to add. But i will say that everyone must take all information presented regarding the Ukrainian/Russian situation with a large grain of salt. We have seen extraordinary propaganda from both sides, and while Reuters is reliable, the sources may very well not be.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: SUBKONCIOUS

Absolutely valid point. I think the USGov is full of it. But if today they are saying Russia is firing artillery. Tomorrow we will hear they are preparing for a ground invasion - true or not.

At this point - I honestly think Russia has each and every right to invade the Ukraine. Kiev needs to be stopped by somebody not sponsored.

This ties in with my belief that any nation who pleases right now has a right to invade Israel. You do not murder civilians or you're own people - 'separatists' or not.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
I don't have much to add. But i will say that everyone must take all information presented regarding the Ukrainian/Russian situation with a large grain of salt. We have seen extraordinary propaganda from both sides, and while Reuters is reliable, the sources may very well not be.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It seems the real war is for our minds .The western propaganda machine is very consistent in which they spin the story every time .They fail miserably in reporting some of the crap that Kiev is doing ,but always over state the evils of Russia .I have to laugh because as the Wests narrative from the beginning was that Russia invaded one week and then said they had massed troops on the border and were going to invade . Now they are saying that they are thinking about invading again . They are consistent , got to give that to them . It shouldn't be hard to find a you tube clip to back up the inside sources ,they do after all use social media .

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
But where is this happening, the article does not say. Is it in an area that does not want to belong to the new Ukraine? Have the local people asked Russia for help? Propaganda sucks. Truth is suppressed by propaganda on both sides of the coin. I guess we do not have a voice in this, neither do the people of the Ukraine. The governments control what we hear and direct our perception.

I wish we could get the whole story on all these issues. All I can do is kind of guess what is going on. I don't automatically believe the propaganda our government lets out, but I can't discount it as real either. Our government does not have the best track record on presenting the truth these days, you can only believe half of what they tell us. Sometimes their deceptions have good reasons for being aired but a lie is still a lie. Pretty soon nobody will recognize the truth.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
But where is this happening, the article does not say. Is it in an area that does not want to belong to the new Ukraine? Have the local people asked Russia for help? Propaganda sucks. Truth is suppressed by propaganda on both sides of the coin. I guess we do not have a voice in this, neither do the people of the Ukraine. The governments control what we hear and direct our perception.

I wish we could get the whole story on all these issues. All I can do is kind of guess what is going on. I don't automatically believe the propaganda our government lets out, but I can't discount it as real either. Our government does not have the best track record on presenting the truth these days, you can only believe half of what they tell us. Sometimes their deceptions have good reasons for being aired but a lie is still a lie. Pretty soon nobody will recognize the truth.

and thats only half of it, right?

i think we've talked about it enough.

who's down for coup?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
something's definitely going down. found this, russian sourced social media leak:

ukraineinvestigation.com...

Russian soldier Vadim Grigorjev published in social network photo proofs on which we see Russia bombing Ukrainian territory. On Wednesday July 23 2:19 pm Grigorjev wrote a post ‘All night we were bombing Ukraine’.

another poster asked where this is happening. according to the article linked above, "Vadim Grigorjev location is 47.637728, 38.858143 or see the map below."

that's right near uspenka.

edit on 24-7-2014 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Russia should not only fire artillery it should also fire the 'directed artillery' which goes to a certain GPS coordinate.

Russia should also provide satellite intelligence to rebels along with real time drone camera utilities to help fighters focus on certain area.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
something's definitely going down. found this, russian sourced social media leak:

Russian soldier Vadim Grigorjev published in social network photo proofs on which we see Russia bombing Ukrainian territory. On Wednesday July 23 2:19 pm Grigorjev wrote a post ‘All night we were bombing Ukraine’.

another poster asked where this is happening. according to the article linked above, "Vadim Grigorjev location is 47.637728, 38.858143 or see the map below."

our minds have been #ed with so many times, on many different levels.

what, or who are we to believe anymore.

thats what 'they' wanted.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO

Looks like old pics of abandoned Ukrainian Army artillery pieces taken a long time ago. Where are all the Russian soldiers in the picture? How do we know where this location actually is?

And even if Russia was striking Ukrainian positions, so what? Ukrainian artillery has hit on the Russian side of the border before.
edit on 24-7-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Paul Craig Roberts latest piece is worth a read . He adds a few tid bits but maintains the real reasons why not to trust DC www.informationclearinghouse.info...

After days of placing hostile blame for the downing of the Malaysian airliner on Russia, the White House permitted US intelligence officials to tell reporters that there is no evidence of the Russian government’s involvement.

Obviously, the US satellite photos do not support the Obama regime’s lies. If the White House had any evidence of Russian complicity, it would have released it to great fanfare days ago.

We are fortunate that the analytical side of the CIA, in contrast with the black ops side, retains analysts with integrity even after the purge of the agency ordered by Dick Cheney. Incensed that the CIA did not immediately fall in line with all of the Bush regime’s war lies, Cheney had the agency purged. The black ops side of the agency is a different story. Many believe that it should be defunded and abolished as this part of the CIA operates in violation of statutory US law.

Don’t hold your breath until Washington abolishes black-ops operations or the Obama regime apologizes to the Russian government for the unfounded accusations and insinuations leveled by the White House at Russia.

Despite this admission by US intelligence officials, the propaganda ministry is already at work to undermine the admission. The intelligence officials themselves claim that Russia is, perhaps, indirectly responsible, because Russia “created the conditions” that caused Kiev to attack the separatists.
a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
No way, not unless Russia doesn't give two # anymore. any ground mobilization would be caught on satellite imagery, and rocket fire over the border would be caught on satellite imagery any precision fighter jet strikes would be caught on radar and satellite imagery.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
No way, not unless Russia doesn't give two # anymore. any ground mobilization would be caught on satellite imagery, and rocket fire over the border would be caught on satellite imagery any precision fighter jet strikes would be caught on radar and satellite imagery.

Who's calling the shots? You? Or the people actualy there?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join