It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Arrest Warrant ... Illegal with Drug-Resistant Strain of TB

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

San Joaquin County Deputy District Attorney Stephen Taylor said Thursday that police are looking for 25-year-old Eduardo Rosas Cruz, a transient who comes from a part of Mexico known for a drug-resistant strain of tuberculosis.

Prosecutors say Rosas Cruz was diagnosed in March when he went to the hospital for treatment of a severe cough.

He was supposed to stay in a motel room, where a health worker would deliver his medication and watch him take it.

But prosecutors say he took off.

Arrest Warant

OPINION:

It's going to take a "Special" Cop to handcuff this one.

( if and when they locate him )

Related: The FED's Public Health Threat ...

edit on 24-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
In 2012, the rate of reported cases of TB in the US was about 3.2 cases per 100,000 persons (totaling 9,945 cases in 2012) About one-third of the world's population is infected with TB.

CDC Tuberculosis (TB) Data and Statistics

I'm assuming what you're aiming for here is to promote the notion that we're being invaded by disease vectors who are going to cause an epidemic? This same sort of fear mongering has been going on since the 1800's for various immigrant groups from Chinese to Indians to the Irish.

edit on 2014-7-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well now... Isn't that a lovely little gift to bring to the country you are visiting?

Would this "gift" fall under Pelosi's description of this being an "opportunity" and not a "crisis"? I would be really curious to know which one this incident would fall under.

I'll wait for the answer and check back when it starts snowing on the hilltops of hell.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Its probably true, but do they share that info with cops?

Also it could be a good tactic to get whoever is harboring him to turn him over or make him leave regardless of whether he has it.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

9000+ isnt even 100th of the u.s.populatuon are you sure your stats are right because i doubt a third of the world has tb.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

9000+ isnt even 100th of the u.s.populatuon are you sure your stats are right because i doubt a third of the world has tb.

WHO Tuberculosis

Tuberculosis (TB) is caused by bacteria (Mycobacterium tuberculosis) that most often affect the lungs. Tuberculosis is curable and preventable.

TB is spread from person to person through the air. When people with lung TB cough, sneeze or spit, they propel the TB germs into the air. A person needs to inhale only a few of these germs to become infected.

About one-third of the world's population has latent TB, which means people have been infected by TB bacteria but are not (yet) ill with disease and cannot transmit the disease.

People infected with TB bacteria have a lifetime risk of falling ill with TB of 10%. However persons with compromised immune systems, such as people living with HIV, malnutrition or diabetes, or people who use tobacco, have a much higher risk of falling ill.

The numbers are all verified by the CDC, WHO and the American Lung Association, among others.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Maryland County Confirms Case of TB ... ( tuberculosis )

Department of Health and Human Services recommend testing for all students and staff who were in any class or after-school activity with the infected individual between October 2013 and January 2014.

-
OBSERVATION: Maryland ... An "Easier" Version ???

( i.e. California's unknown-whereabouts might be a bit more difficult )

edit on 24-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

About one-third of the world's population has latent TB, which means people have been infected by TB bacteria but are not (yet) ill with disease and cannot transmit the disease.

Isn't that what we'd call an immunity!

I had the tests at school and was told I already had an immunity and therefore didn't need the jabs. Basically it was already in my body and of no threat to me.

edit on 24-7-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne
To dip into some wild speculation, based on nothing more than a gut-feeling based on observations....

Current citizens are the next batch of "Native Americans." Don't take any free blankets.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Hey, I think your school gave you very bad information. I don't believe you are immune to it. If you have latent TB that means that you have the disease but it is not active YET, it can still become activated. I also have latent TB, I test positive but my TB isn't active. My doctor put me on a daily medication for one year and I take yearly chest x-rays to see if the TB is active or not. I highly suggest you get a few professional opinions (besides your school) before you continue on like this. I may be wrong but I rather say something than nothing at all. Best wishes.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

And how many of those infected people refused treatment? How many of those people took off into the population, whereabouts unknown?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
So his arrest warrant is for having tuberc or for being an illegal? I read the arrest warrant and it sounds like it's just because he has TB (not that there's anything wrong with that if it's deadly).

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
So his arrest warrant is for having tuberc or for being an illegal? I read the arrest warrant and it sounds like it's just because he has TB (not that there's anything wrong with that if it's deadly).

I would think it was for having a drug resistant disease and he is a danger to others. I doubt they even care that he is illegal.
edit on 25-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Let's just stop your line of so-called reasoning right there. The stuff this guy has is NO JOKE. You understand that MDR-TB has an up to 80% mortality rate, and it is contagious. It's not like he's going to be infecting other people with regular TB, but the same strain he has.

Treating it is more like treating cancer than TB. He'll need treatment for months or even years to try to get clean of it, and so will anyone who happens to get infected while he's out running around.

Usually, multidrug-resistant tuberculosis can be cured with long treatments of second-line drugs, but these are more expensive than first-line drugs and have more adverse effects.[2] The treatment and prognosis of MDR-TB are much more akin to that for cancer than to that for infection. It has a mortality rate of up to 80%, which depends on a number of factors, including:

1. How many drugs the organism is resistant to (the fewer the better)
2. How many drugs the patient is given (patients treated with five or more drugs do better)
3. Whether an injectable drug is given or not (it should be given for the first three months at least)
4. The expertise and experience of the physician responsible
5. How co-operative the patient is with treatment (treatment is arduous and long, and requires persistence and determination on the part of the patient)
6. Whether the patient is HIV positive or not (HIV co-infection is associated with an increased mortality).

And we can already see that he fails at #5 on this list.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

In court papers filed in support of the warrant, officials say Rosas Cruz resisted treatment from the start. He also uses crack coc aine and methamphetamine.

www.cbs12.com...

This guy could be anywhere! Being a drug resistant strain, this could be dangerous to anyone, especially people who can't fight off things and have diabetes or cancer or something.

I was going to say who would put themselves and others at risk of dying, but the guy does drugs. So because of his stupidity, other people could suffer. Nice guy!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It's not even like they were trying to force him to get clean. They were trying to make him stay in one place so they could just send someone out to make sure he was taking his meds.

He was supposed to stay in a motel room, where a health worker would deliver his medication and watch him take it.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know!! But you can't rationalize with people on hard drugs. He must be pretty bad if he wouldn't even try to save himself from a life threatening disease.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3
a reply to: VoidHawk

Hey, I think your school gave you very bad information. I don't believe you are immune to it. If you have latent TB that means that you have the disease but it is not active YET, it can still become activated. I also have latent TB, I test positive but my TB isn't active. My doctor put me on a daily medication for one year and I take yearly chest x-rays to see if the TB is active or not. I highly suggest you get a few professional opinions (besides your school) before you continue on like this. I may be wrong but I rather say something than nothing at all. Best wishes.

No I dont have TB. It was explained to me by my doctor. A relative had TB (before I was born) and my parents were in contact with that person. They would have had shots I'm assuming. Because they'd had shots AND been in contact with the live TB they passed on an immunity to me. At school I had the tests and like you I had chest x-rays. I am immune.

Thanks for your concern though

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Arrest? Arrest? Seriously?

So they are going to "arrest" a sick man, his crime being that he is sick - it is against the law to be sick, even though we claim being sick is a act of god.

They are going to put said sick man in a jail with many other men. The men in the jail will of course then be exposed to the illness the authorities are looking to keep from spreading.

The logic is astounding.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crankyoldman
Arrest? Arrest? Seriously?

So they are going to "arrest" a sick man, his crime being that he is sick - it is against the law to be sick, even though we claim being sick is a act of god.

They are going to put said sick man in a jail with many other men. The men in the jail will of course then be exposed to the illness the authorities are looking to keep from spreading.

The logic is astounding.

They want to arrest him so they can treat him. I am sure he would be separated from others. He is a danger right now to himself and others. We can't just allow him to run around with a drug resistant contagious disease.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join