It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been Awake 14 Days Now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: taoistguy

That wasn't much of a nap after being up for 2 weeks was it? How did you wake up so soon? I'd have thought you'd be comatose for a few days.

I'm a light sleeper?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

How do you feel?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
well, had some sleep now. no, don't do drugs unless you include tea, coffee, sugar and e-numbers.

Not enough sleep. Get off the internet and have some more.
It's a nice day outside. After your nap go for a walk.
No more internet for a while. Seriously ...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

How do you feel?

i don't understand the question.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Then you'd better go back to bed. Listen to Flyers Fan!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

yeah gonna take another one soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadySkadi
Read studies that suggest a human will start dying at around day 11 - so your time is limited.

What studies are those?

No one ever died from sleep deprivation per se.

The scientifically documented world record for the longest period a human has intentionally gone without sleep not using stimulants of any kind is 11 days - so that's where the 11 days bit fits in.

It happened way back in 1964 and the guy didn't die; in fact he's still kicking and, as far as I know, in reasonable health.

There is a condition called Fatal Familial Insomnia (FFI) in which patients go six to nine months without sleep, during which time they develop dementia and become unresponsive and end up dying.

But it's not the sleep deprivation that kills them, it's the condition itself.

It's a type of dementia.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That wasn't much of a nap after being up for 2 weeks was it? How did you wake up so soon? I'd have thought you'd be comatose for a few days.

I'm a light sleeper?

More like your a light hoaxster. If you actually did the impossible and stood up for 14 days straight your body would of been comatose for at least a day lol. Either you are exaggerating and were up a few days or your lying or your superman. Either way I do enjoy your threads so keep at it.

edit on 25-7-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

thankyou for your replies. that's the thing, or 1 of them at least...i don't like to appear rude and not reply, but i never know when one of you is gonna reply so i have to keep checking. i waited 7 hours for a reply to one of my comments a few days ago.

You have issues dude....

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Hi, I didn't really feel up to getting to detailed about it when I posted (I'm not really buying the OPs thread anyway) but yes, technically the issues come from the deteriation that is brought about by sleep deprivation.
edit on 25-7-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

edit on 25-7-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Awesome, you should try writing some music

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I assume you're taking a good one now since you haven't responded in a while.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Sometimes you start a new book and realize suddenly what a page turner it is. ATS is like that. So soak it up. Nothing wrong with being a sponge.

If only we had that option when we were younger. If it wasn't "on the news" or in the paper, we had to travel to this place called a library and look up and read for hours to find out something along a line of interest.

You are enjoying the benefits of the modern age. Like panning gold the more places you try and pan the more you discover about a subject, the more opinions you can sort through and get a "feel' for a topic or event.

Carry on, oh hungry one.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I knew a chick that stayed awake for a month once. Ritalin. She didn't die but she was a wreck. She slept 3 days straight when she finally went down. They give that stuff to kids! 3 days awake is as far as I've ever pushed it.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I knew a chick that stayed awake for a month once. Ritalin. She didn't die but she was a wreck. She slept 3 days straight when she finally went down. They give that stuff to kids! 3 days awake is as far as I've ever pushed it.

Same here the most I have ever stayed up was three days straight. And that was only because my aunt who is like a mom to me was in the hospital. I did not want to go to sleep or leave. When I finally did leave and go home to get some sleep. She passed away. Deep down inside I blame myself to this day. Its irrational but its there.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

originally posted by: skunkape23

Same here the most I have ever stayed up was three days straight. And that was only because my aunt who is like a mom to me was in the hospital. I did not want to go to sleep or leave. When I finally did leave and go home to get some sleep. She passed away. Deep down inside I blame myself to this day. Its irrational but its there.

My long haul was also in a hospital. My girlfriend had surgery to remove a brain tumor.
Don't blame yourself for your loss. It was her time. There is nothing you could have done to stop it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
back now. still alive and slept well.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Geez, did you sleep for the last 5 days?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
congrats, Randy Gardener would like to have a word with you...

I can barely manage a day without sleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join