It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There Pro-Israel Paid Shills or Not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I wanted to make my first thread in response to some concerns expressed recently on this site regarding members who make accusations against other members who they suspect are "paid shills".

Indeed, the term has been tossed around to the point of being cliche, and such unfounded barbs aimed at fellow members should really be kept to a minimum as it really doesn't further any discussion in a useful way.

That being said, we all should be cognizant of the possibility that there in fact ARE such faux posters in our midst. Many of these accusations, I've noticed, have taken place in regard to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Whether any "shills" have infiltrated our beloved ATS or not I certainly am in no position to say. However, I would like to present for you collective consideration something which - while it may have been discussed previously in this venue - is of timely import today.

Israel Hires Internet Soldiers to Penetrate American Chatrooms, Forums

Will the responders who are hired for this also present themselves as “ordinary net-surfers”?

“Of course,” says Shturman. “Our people will not say: ‘Hello, I am from the policy-explanation department of the Israeli Foreign Ministry and I want to tell you the following.’ Nor will they necessarily identify themselves as Israelis. They will speak as net-surfers and as citizens, and will write responses that will look personal but will be based on a prepared list of messages that the Foreign Ministry developed.”

-Elan Shturman, deputy director of the policy-explanation department in the Foreign Ministry

I'd certainly be interested in the thoughts of any members, mods or management on this tactic and the plausibility that it has been utilized on such websites as AboveTopSecret and others.

Thanks for your input! (my first thread, so lemme know if I'm messing something up! )

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Social engineering/manipulation techniques are in the toolkits of all sides and most know how to play to well to their audience
edit on 24-7-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The US pays, I'm sure Palestine pays as well. Add every other country to the list while we are at it.

They key is... The shills will eventually out themselves. People will see their game for what it Is in time if they post enough times. Other people need to realize that being disagreed with doesn't mean that the one disagreeing is automatically a paid shill.

In the end, who really cares? You speak your mind for free, let those who get paid to do it, do it. It shouldn't make a difference in anyone's argument who is paid and who isn't. Your argument is either sound or it isn't. They either agree or disagree. I suppose that's the way even a paid shill's cookie crumbles.
edit on 7/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: peanutbuddha

Wanna see my W2?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: peanutbuddha

LOL I love your avatar.

I'm sorry. I really have nothing else to add.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"Paid shills", you say? Have a look here:

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Closed.

top topics

join