It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Dumbest Move Yet: Seizing A Foreign Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...
and a different source
cyprus-mail.com...

from article...Ten dark suited men entered the premises of FBME bank in Cyprus on Friday afternoon and took it hostage.

It must have looked like a scene from the Matrix. And given the surrealism of how this conflict is escalating, maybe it was.

The men were from the Central Bank of Cyprus (CBC). And they commandeered FBME because an obscure agency within the US government recently issued a report accusing the bank of laundering money.

It just so happens that FBME… and Cyprus in general… is where a lot of wealthy Russians hold their vast fortunes.

Bear in mind, there has been no proof that any crime was committed. There was no court hearing. No charges were read. It wasn’t even the government of Cyprus who accused them of anything.

There was just a generic report penned by some bureaucrat 10,000 miles away.

Funny thing—when HSBC got caught red-handed laundering funds for a Mexican drug cartel last year, the US government gave them a slap on the wrist. HSBC got off with a fine.

Not 2 sure what to make of this but thought it was worth posting.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8
A lot of Russian oligarchs bank there...consider it a shot fired across Putin's bow.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yes i read a lot of Russian accounts at that bank i agree.Going to be a very interesting summer with all the stuff going on.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
May appear to be dumb however, this is another domino in the chain leading to a significant conflict! It is interesting observing the world events with the understanding, at the least this is my opinion, that those who dictate foreign policy in this country (CFR) are trying desperately to kick off WW3.

My hope is that the Russians, continue to use restraint, keep their eye on the prize and focus on BRICS. This is how you destroy the monster known to the world as the western banking cartel!

BRICS is over half the worlds populatiion and they deserve to be free of economic servitude to the Banksters of the west. Hopefully once they are free of the beast and we here in the west recover from their debt based slavery, the people will finally learn the lesson and take control of our currency once again! We need another Andrew Jackson!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmThursday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Pray tell how is this any different from your average Joe holding a bank hostage? Oh wait... that's a crime, right? Well dammit, if it's wrong, it's wrong-- right? Anybody with a lick of sense gets that, and I'm a little sick and tired of self-appointed god-heads having a separate set of rules than the decent folk!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove
Well, I be thinking that the only ones about to exert pressure on Putin are those who have stashed their billions in 'off-shore' banks...who are about to have their assets frozen by the West. They have more juice than he does.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
once the emps hit there will be no banks anyway...at least the kind we are used to....

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
once the emps hit there will be no banks anyway...at least the kind we are used to....

Ah the real gold standard... EMP would level it for everybody.. hmmmm interesting thought.. Is this a prediction? Then all the IRS emails would really be lost.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

They have more psuedojuice, the entire western banking industry has been designed by those who created it to be destroyed. They have brilliantly used monopoly money to gain control of the massive global industries as best as they can. It has even been mapped out, the analysis can be found in this article

publicintelligence.net...

When the team further untangled the web of ownership, it found much of it tracked back to a “super-entity” of 147 even more tightly knit companies – all of their ownership was held by other members of the super-entity – that controlled 40 per cent of the total wealth in the network. “In effect, less than 1 per cent of the companies were able to control 40 per cent of the entire network,” says Glattfelder. Most were financial institutions. The top 20 included Barclays Bank, JPMorgan Chase & Co, and The Goldman Sachs Group.

My belief as to the reasons for why they would crash this system would be to bring the nations of the world to ruin, than institue their NWO.

BRICS is the only thing standing in the way of this! It is also why I believe the hubris of TPTB will be their downfall, the revolution will not be televised, I shall remain optimistic!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
A lot of Russian oligarchs bank there...consider it a shot fired across Putin's bow.

That's dumber than the Americans.

The ogliarchs are Putin's "enemies". They are the western allied gangsters in Russia, that have made their fortune on the oil business. Putin would nothing better than get them out of the way, and hands on their money.

Besides, as the OP said ... this is an illegal act, as it needs court hearing and approval. It's a desperate act by the US, because they are literally bankrupt.

As an afterthought, I wouldn't put it past the Americans to try and use the gangsters in Russia for their own purpose. I'd say that the Russian mafia is being given a choice here, "kill" Putin or lose the money. Dangerous game, but even more dangerous for Cyprus to be in the middle of it. Because I wouldn't be them, if the Russian mafia acts on it.

edit on 25/7/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I agree it is straight b.s but the banksters basically run the world at this point. Like when hsbc got caught laundering drug money and not 1 of them pricks got in trouble should have been held as terrorists but only us slaves get in trouble. Their time will come

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think '1984', three great power blocks forever changing alliances and waring with each other to keep the population down and under control.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Chicago politics Capone style I guess...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So Cyrprus based on US report takes temporary control of a Tanzanian bank in Cyprus for laundering money for Hezbollah and we end up with a title claiming America seizes a foreign back? Of their is something dumb here all right. That title.

new topics

top topics

join