It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tree-grows-40-different-kinds-fruit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
gma.yahoo.com...

Not sure if this is the right forum so move it if need be mods thanks...I kind of know a little bit about grafting but never tried it.i find this pretty dam cool like a tree vending machine may have to try this..not much more to say so enjoy..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

It's very damn cool, nice find!

edit on 24-7-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I've Done some grafting of plants and it's surprisingly easy. Not to this extent tho:

Each unique Tree of 40 Fruit grows over forty different types of stone fruit including peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines, cherries, and almonds. www.treeof40fruit.com...

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
thank you

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Does that mean they are essentially all the same fruit? Just altered by different soil, nutrients, and magnetic fields?

The basic root system of any plant seems to mimic the fractal nature of the universe. I suppose anything that is electric can plug into mother nature somehow.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Think of it like lifeforms are made up of a bunch of self replicating legos. If you take one of the legos from a lifeform and put it on to some other lego model, regardless of what the other legos are doing, the one lego will still replicate itself based on its own makeup. The only thing which must be the same, is the model's ability to nurish the lego with the proper nutrients it needs to self replicate.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
lets just hope that MONOSATANO (!) doesn't have anything to do with this....

ever...

Would an orchard of these trees be considered a monoculture ? (ie same rootstock)

Monoculture is the agricultural practice of producing or growing a SINGLE CROP or plant SPECIES

Monocultures can lead to the quicker spread of pests and diseases, where a uniform crop is susceptible to a pathogen.

knock out one... knock off 40 different fruits..... mmmm.. how handy...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

Not really the same thing because these types of trees cannot reproduce these types of trees without grafting.

What that man did was grew a bunch of different trees, cut some limbs off of them, and then put those limbs onto a single tree by grafting...

Think of it like a frankenstein tree.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Trying not to have a go at you mate, but third line.... 'would an orchard...', but ok...

So those vast crops of GM corn/wheat/whatever that have the 'terminator' gene are not a monoculture?

Some GMO seeds can’t reproduce – Monosatano has created a “terminator” seed that is unable to reproduce. This makes it impossible for farmers to save seeds and replant crops. They become dependent on biotech companies instead of nature in order to grow food. The newer, aptly named “traitor” seeds won’t even develop through the natural stages of the plant unless sprayed with Monosatano's chemicals.

I believe that Frankenstein was put together with human part... ie same species/subspecies....

Just musing the thought that our thoughts of monocultures may need revision.

Anyways ... great idea/accomplishment and post, but i feel as if we would be putting all of our eggs in one basket ... so to speak.

(thats eggs from different species btw lol)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I would love to have a tree like this!!
My orchard is happy but still very young, so I have never tried my hand at grafting. This is an inspiration to try though!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am happy most found this cool sorry i did not have much info to add im a newbie at planting and gardening and such .thank you 2 all that posted info...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

Think of it like lifeforms are made up of a bunch of self replicating legos. If you take one of the legos from a lifeform and put it on to some other lego model, regardless of what the other legos are doing, the one lego will still replicate itself based on its own makeup. The only thing which must be the same, is the model's ability to nurish the lego with the proper nutrients it needs to self replicate.

Sorry, just the phrase, "nourish the lego", had me laughing. Everything you said makes sense.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Lol sorry, I try to explain things as simple as possible whenever possible.

I was just trying to say that they're not the same species or fruit but that really doesn't matter to life, anyways. A tick will sit on you and eat your blood, just like a limb to another tree, as long as it can nurish itself from the host.

cool picture.

top topics

join