It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Children Born Believers..Study says NO!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I remember when I found out that Santa isn't real. I was probably four. I felt betrayed by my parents lying to me. Since I had been raised from an infant indoctrinated in the Christian religion, I began to question it. My parents' reactions let me know that I shouldn't (that was part of the religion), but I did. It wasn't until I was about 30 that I was able to "snap out of it" and let God join Santa in the land of make-believe.

To the OP: I have never believed that children were born believers. We are born with curiosity and the ability to imagine and that's where I think religion actually started. Who put the sun there? Who controls it and makes it warm? SOMEONE must be out there. Someone big and powerful! It must be the Sun god!

But babies? They're born with an open and impressionable mind. Nothing more.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh I totally get what you are saying and I think you are pretty much spot on. As far as the claim that children are born believers that is something some groups have claimed that I never really took serious but I think they really believed it. Now that there is a study which shows something different it will become good reference material for future debates on the matter. It isn't conclusive but it is strong evidence for the contrary. I think it is worthwhile for us to find out what traits we are born with and which ones we learn or are taught until we get a solid foundation of knowledge on the matter.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Thanks. That page had a far better explanation.

Learn something new every day.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Kids are absolutely not born believers -children have to be indoctrinated and brainwashed into religion.
Mostly through fear and guilt and other negative means.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join