It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sig Sauer used USA to sell unauthorized weapons to several countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Under German law, arms exports require a special licence which is not normally granted for countries where there is armed conflict, such as Colombia.

The prosecutors were already investigating the company over alleged illegal weapons exports to Kazakhstan and recently widened their probe to include the alleged illegal sales to Colombia.

According to a joint investigation by the Sueddeutsche Zeitung and NDR, SIG Sauer sold the guns to the US knowing they would be exported to Colombia despite not having a licence to do so.

BBC

So the company export guns to themselves in USA to export them to countries they cannot sell under German law, how do the do to sell to countries not aligned to USA? well accordingly to Venezuelan newspapers the country also got sig sauers without German authorization.

The way they did it was exporting unfinished weapons to a sig sauer subsidiary in Romania where the guns are finished and them export them to Venezuela.

German government have banned sig sauer exports since early this month and started an investigation to see how extend the irregularities are.

Sneaky company
, laws only apply to commoners it seems, companies always find their ways

Spanish link of sig sell to Venezuela

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Stupid Germans, where do they get off selling weapons? Thats the US's job.

The United-States of America remains the largest exporter of conventional weapons in the world.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hell I can barely afford their weapons myself. If not the US then someone else fills in. Might as well make that paper.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Very nice firearms. I own a Sig P226 and a Sig P239, top of the line!

If they sold the product to another country then they are not responsible for what that country does with them I would think.

I am sure they will be found not guilty of any wrong doing. Worst case scenario is they followed the letter of the law if not the spirit of the law.

That's the way of man. If you don't like the law, find a way around it legally.

Some people say rules are make to be broken, I say rules are made to be used in your favor.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm too biased to have a rational opinion on this. Huge fan of this company and their civilian 556 platform out performs every other AR I've ever owned, built or fired and I honestly think its superior to the A2 I was issued in the Army. Some of the best built firearms I've ever come across.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Hows it compare to the 6920?

top topics

join