It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever met anyone who was a member of the illuminati or other society?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jouseroni

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by jouseroni

Keep talking out your rear end as much as you want.

The OP is not asking about the masons and neither am I.

You really have no idea what I am talking about.

Read the thread before you comment.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

lol man I plainly said I didnt read the post you are responding to but if you are talking about masons you are DEAD WRONG. Sorry to say. And yes this thread is about secret societies and a good portion of people in here are spreading all kind of misinformation about masons.

But whatever I'm sure some conspiracy buff (you) knows more about masons and about all this stuff than someone (me) who has been around masons for 24 years of life.

Well to clear this up.

I am not speaking about the masons.

As far as I have learned theres nothing wrong with the masons in my opinion.

Anyways, I noticed the op did mention other secret societies so apologies for not making it so clear.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jouseroni

Keep talking out your rear end as much as you want.

The OP is not asking about the masons and neither am I.

You really have no idea what I am talking about.

Read the thread before you comment.

lol man I plainly said I didnt read the post you are responding to but if you are talking about masons you are DEAD WRONG. Sorry to say. And yes this thread is about secret societies and a good portion of people in here are spreading all kind of misinformation about masons.

But whatever I'm sure some conspiracy buff (you) knows more about masons and about all this stuff than someone (me) who has been around masons for 24 years of life.

Well to clear this up.

I am not speaking about the masons.

As far as I have learned theres nothing wrong with the masons in my opinion.

Anyways, I noticed the op did mention other secret societies so apologies for not making it so clear.

yeah sorry man I'm making a big deal outta nothing, I should have read the post you were responding to, before opening my mouth.

I've just spent to much time on this part of the board today and there is so much misinformation that it kinda makes me mad (and I'm not talking about your post, I'm talking about people who say stuff about masons when obviously they know nothing).

So once again, sorry man.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Just goes to show how mixed up two people can get talking about things.

Apologies to you as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DolceStir
My grandfather was and still is a low level mason. Not a cool thing to discuss. Growing up he was a very successful person, but cheated and lied his whole life. Both him and my father are power-hungry control freaks. There lifes are controled from military brainwashing and and the other being a mason.

lmao, wow a lot of ignorance here. Yes just because your father and grandfather are power hungry control freaks, that means all masons are
That stuff has nothing to with masons, you ever think maybe your father is just a control freak? lol. I have a girlfriend who likes material items a lot and she is kind of a control freak (although I love her) but shes not a freaking mason or in any kind of secret society.

What do you mean not a cool thing to discuss? I don't get that. my father discusses a lot of stuff about his lodge with me (I don't know if hes supposed to, but he does). And I've never heard anything remotely evil or anything would make me think of mind control. They hang out, talk business, have meetings talk about family life and play pool...etc sounds pretty boring actually if you ask me. Pretty much the same stuff any guys do with their buddies, its just that the masons are "club" or "secret society" so people automatically think theres something sinister and they are hiding things, when in reality if you ask them questions you'll get answers, they arent hiding much, except their rituals, and I don't blame them because people call them satanists and stuff and these people barely even understand the rituals that say that crap.

My father is a mason to and his life is not "controlled" or anything, he goes there every now and then for the meeeting and THATS IT. Nothing else in my families life is affected by masons, and him going to meetings doesnt affect us at all. And my dad definitely isnt controlled hes actually the one who got me looking into whats really going on in the world, hes the one that got me into ufos and paranormal and religous studies (I'm not religious but I love to study religions).

lol I seriously don't see the logic in your post. Thats like how racists label all blacks as stupid and ignorant.

I know this thread isnt exactly about masons but a lot of threads on here are and if you guys knew the real facts about masons youd see how stupid a lot of these things you guys say are. And I've even seen other members of this board give you guys the facts and you just ignore them or call them names or say they are brainwashed and they are told to say that. Who are you to point fingers at people?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I think that the reason there is conspiracies about the masons is because there is an elite within the masons.

I do not know if you have asked about them to your family member thats in the masons but no lower mason knows anything about what they do entirely.

Barack Obama is an elite mason as well to give one example. Some people in power are in the elite mason ranks.

Anyways im just saying why there is a conspiracy and yes a lot of the things that people say are nonsense but some do have a point as questions do go unanswered even if you are a mason.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I think that the reason there is conspiracies about the masons is because there is an elite within the masons.

I do not know if you have asked about them to your family member thats in the masons but no lower mason knows anything about what they do entirely.

Barack Obama is an elite mason as well to give one example. Some people in power are in the elite mason ranks.

Anyways im just saying why there is a conspiracy and yes a lot of the things that people say are nonsense but some do have a point as questions do go unanswered even if you are a mason.

I do agree with you, there is elite in the masons and I know exactly what you mean. I don't know exactly what "degree" my dad is, but I don't think hes one of the higher ups, and I've never exactly asked how all of it works (I've asked about lots of stuff but never this exactly). But my dad is definitely not "elite" or "powerful", we are actually very poor, so if that is in fact how the masons work he definitely isnt that high up I don't live with him I see him about once a month, but next time I'll ask him these things and post them here.

Or another person whos actually a mason can probably speak on it here (I just know masons, I'm not one, and don't want to be one, atleast for the time being, and I have my reasons)

But yes I see exactly where you and others are coming from. The reason earlier I was getting so mad is because I was having a bad night unrelated to anything on this site and I admit I was partially taking it out on people on here. And a lot of people on this board are so closed minded and can't look at other peoples views that sometimes it makes me mad.

But i'm perfectly happy to talk about this type of stuff (and other people on here who know masons, or are masons appear to be fine talking about this stuff too) if people can have a open mind and see other peoples views about it, like you appear to have.

But anyways, I'm kidna just ranting, its late and I'm tired and have horrible insomnia.

Peace,
Jouser

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I wouldn't consider any 'illuminati' to be freemasons at all, they (the masons)are merely one of the tools/puppet organizations they use to do certain deeds while using other (black budget or open) governenment or a million other varied incorporated/corporated named places. Mixing up the two as being one is kinda foolish IMO.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by suzque66]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
There's a guy who always defend Freemasonry and Illuminati at a forum, i track down his friendster i got his pic and biodata, it turned out he went to the same university as i was
He never said that he's part of Illuminati, but he did sound like one. A very intelligent guy but always pain in the a$$

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Ponyo]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Obama is not a Mason. The last US president who was a Mason was Ford.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I had a feeling someone would say that.

Makes me wonder just whos posting sometimes.

I do not agree with you on that one Josh.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Actually, there's not. Such an idea would be contrary to the principles of Masonry (namely that we all meet on the level, that we're all equals, etc.) Positions of power within Masonry are elected (officer within a lodge or Grand Lodge), for 1 year terms. (There are some jurisdictions where a person can serve at most 2 consecutive terms, but most of the time its one year and then you move out of the way for the next guy in line...)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I had a feeling someone would say that.

Makes me wonder just whos posting sometimes.

I do not agree with you on that one Josh.

Masons are VERY public about their celebrity members. It makes for good PR. If he were a member, you could guarantee that he'd be on the cover of every Masonic newsletter, magazine, etc.

See Scottish Rite Strategic Plan.

[edit on 6/23/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I am saying that there is an elite within the masons meaning that there are members who hold government posts or positions of power in society.

People who use the masons for personal gain such as networking for politics or to get across to more people in business.

Just like anything else the masons can be abused if someone has an agenda, hence why some people might see conspiracy when it comes to the topic.

I have no major thing against the masons and dont want to be dragged into the topic. It doesnt bother me one bit.

I thought it was important to try and tell ,someone who was annoyed with some of the things said on this site, what might be causing it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I am saying that there is an elite within the masons meaning that there are members who hold government posts or positions of power in society.

People who use the masons for personal gain such as networking for politics or to get across to more people in business.

Just like anything else the masons can be abused if someone has an agenda, hence why some people might see conspiracy when it comes to the topic.
OK, I follow. There's an elite among Masons in the same way there's an elite among Baptists, or an elite among Jews, or an elite among Whites, or an elite among Men. Some of them hold government posts or positions of power in society. Some of them use their association (membership in a group, participation in a religion, social & economic status) for personal gain such as networking for politics or to get across to more people in business. And just like anything else, any of those societal positions can be abused if someone has an agenda.

I agree with this 100%.

(Still doesn't make Obama a Mason though.)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
My aunt is a red hat.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
hey, i was just wondering if its really that easy to get into a so called "secret society"? i cant think of it beeing that easy as to walk up to a lodge and sign in?!

i always thought that the societys choose their members by their abilitys or connections to what ever the society could take an advantage of

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by s.one.z
i always thought that the societys choose their members by their abilitys or connections to what ever the society could take an advantage of
Nope. that's rubbish. As a rule of thumb Freemasons don't recruit. (Yeah, it happens from time to time, but it's not supposed to...) We don't care what your connections are. We're not here to take advantage of you. (Why would we?)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
so whats your society about then - i thought building up a society is to take advantages of their members so that the society itself becomes a more powerfull / efficient or what ever you want to call it. If there arent any advantages that their members can profit of what keeps em staying?

friendship? brotherhood? you can have that without beeing in a secret society imo...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by s.one.z]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

so whats your society about then
Taking good men and making them better.

If there arent any advantages that their members can profit of what keeps em staying?

friendship? brotherhood? you can have that without beeing in a secret society imo...
Nobody's saying you can't have that on your own. But there's nothing particularly wrong with doing it through fraternity either, is there?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

so whats your society about then
Taking good men and making them better.

in what sense "better"?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join