It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman in Labor Unable to Cross Street to Hospital Because of Obama Motorcade

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sorry it would have happened If it was any other President also you really think it was OBamas fault? or are you just mud slinging again?. Sorry but I hate people picking up such none stories as this to make their politics better.
Why not talk about his policies instead of scrapping the bottom of the barrel...real low again.
Also seeing it was made up can we put it in the hoax bin?.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Also the title says it all...If you really wanted to actually talk and not mudsling the title would have been about his fundraisers and not what it is.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: neo96

It's sad that people don't know how to read into the whole story Neo.

Keep up the great work some of us appreciate what you do.

Never set out to change the mobs mind.

My only goal was just to reach one person to let them know they aren't alone.

They 'claim' failure.

The reality is they defend the biggest failure running this country.
edit on 25-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I will defend anyone against dirty tricks and mudslinging....
If you use dirty tricks and mudslinging (you have) you lose your argument already.
Or you are a politician....
edit on 25-7-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

ALL Presidents travel, they attend and host fundraisers. So I lady who appeared to be in labor couldn't cross a street because the presidential motorcade was coming through? So what. I'm sure POTUS heard about it and said "man [snip] her! tell her to wait".

Obama hasn't been the best i think we can all agree to that but at least if you're going to give him a hard time about something don't waste it on something like this. If the President didn' travel that much he would catch flack about that. Honestly if the guy found a cure for cancer you all would find a way to demonize him for it. Sorry but this is lame thread

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I can't believe Obama didn't activate his powers of omnipresence to realize this lady needed to cross the street! DOESN'T HE KNOW HE'S THE MESSIAH! He should have telepathically felt this woman's pain! Next time he drives through a town, he needs to stops and do miracles for every citizen before he leaves! If he doesn't, it's proof that he's the anti-christ!

Obama is so arrogant! No other president has ever effected traffic! Why is the emperor doing this to us! He needs to walk barefoot like our founders! Washington didn't have secret service men armed with machine guns, why does Obama? IS IT CAUSE HE'S AFRAID! Thanks Obama! Now the world thinks we are weak!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

He doesn't care who is inconvenienced by what he does. I'd go as far as to say it seems he goes out of his way to cause as many people problems as possible, all while posing for the camera and doing fundraisers.

I don't recall any crisis in LA that needed attention; another vacation? Another fundraiser? Why wasn't he doing his JOB? Oh, that's right, he thinks his job is destroying the country.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow......reading through the entire thread, it astounds me how nasty people can be to the OP, and get away with it, considering the little behavior thing that pops at the bottom of every screen. Curious, that.

Let's get a few things straight, people, shall we?

1. It isn't a "troll post" to post an article and discuss it. Multiple articles across the web discuss the subject of this thread. Posting a thread about such articles isn't a "hoax", or "trolling"; it's posting articles about a topic, for discussion. Attacking the OP because one doesn't like the articles is flat out wrong, and against TOS.

2. The articles clearly state that the MOTORCADE prevented her from crossing the street, and no one made any allegation that Obama knew who was and wasn't allowed to cross. That he had a motorcade there can be questioned, right by a hospital, and for no good reason. Bush can be slammed for "vacationing" when he chose to work out of his ranch, but Obama can vacation and fund raise and pose for cameras all over, and that's not a problem? Anyone taking that position is a hypocrite.

3. Patting one another on the back for coming in and attacking an OP about a thread is disgraceful. Discussing the thread, sure. Whether the article has merit, sure. But that isn't what happened here. That anyone is proud of such behavior is a bad reflection on them, and on the site as a whole. ATS used to be a place where ALL could post, and no bad behavior was allowed. Sadly, that isn't what I see any longer. Certain groups are treated as free targets, and that's wrong.

Now, where is the actual discussion of the article itself? The claim the MEDIA made about the woman? I saw very little of that in five pages of posts.

We can discuss whether she was in distress or not.

We can discuss how long labor can take, or how FAST a baby can come (seen an hour from labor onset to birth with some people I know).

We can discuss the rules set up for such motorcades, and who makes on scene decisions.

We can discuss how often a president should be traveling around with no official reason.

We can do all that, and not call people "troll", or scream "hoax". Can't we?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

He doesn't care who is inconvenienced by what he does. I'd go as far as to say it seems he goes out of his way to cause as many people problems as possible, all while posing for the camera and doing fundraisers.

I know, I'm so sure every time he gets into his car he has his security scout ahead to find any pregnant women, old ladies or little baby ducks that want to cross the street and DEMANDS they go that way

Let's get a few things straight, people, shall we? 1. It isn't a "troll post" to post an article and discuss it. Multiple articles across the web discuss the subject of this thread. Posting a thread about such articles isn't a "hoax", or "trolling"; it's posting articles about a topic, for discussion. Attacking the OP because one doesn't like the articles is flat out wrong, and against TOS.

With 5 minutes of research (if that), the main premise of this thread was debunked, They attacked the OP because he couldn't be bothered to do the same. He hates Obama, we get that, hate him for the right reasons, not those just to farm stars and flags

2. The articles clearly state that the MOTORCADE prevented her from crossing the street, and no one made any allegation that Obama knew who was and wasn't allowed to cross.

I'm sure MANY other people wanted to cross the street too, but the OP clearly states SHE couldn't BECAUSE of the Obama motorcade. Could have said the presidential motorcade, didn't go that route

That anyone is proud of such behavior is a bad reflection on them, and on the site as a whole. ATS used to be a place where ALL could post, and no bad behavior was allowed.

Pointing out the OPs BS is NOT bad behavior, sorry we can't all be forced to agree with each other, especially when it has been PROVEN to be BS. There was also a time when an obvious troll thread resulted in a banning of the OP, but apparently that rule is out the window too

Oh, and the fact that he put 3 threads worth of subjects in the OP but not the title PROVES he knew the main premise was BS
edit on 25-7-2014 by mymymy because: Spelling error, sorry, Obama's fault

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What a moronic thread. Obama (or any President) has approximately 0% control over how their motorcade is run. He must defer to security protocol. What did you expect him to do? Have a motorcade hotline, where someone can quickly call in about pregnant women in distress trying to cross the road in front of the motorcade?

The folks here are probably the same ones that run any motorcade, no matter if they were Democrat, Republican, or anything else. If you want to create a general bitch-at-Obama thread, feel free. Stop posting ludicrous topics in your journey to try and undermine anything that happens that involves the President.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

I know, I'm so sure every time he gets into his car he has his security scout ahead to find any pregnant women, old ladies or little baby ducks that want to cross the street and DEMANDS they go that way

This motorcade went by a hospital. I am sure there are plenty of LA streets that don't pass hospitals.

Let's get a few things straight, people, shall we? 1. It isn't a "troll post" to post an article and discuss it. Multiple articles across the web discuss the subject of this thread. Posting a thread about such articles isn't a "hoax", or "trolling"; it's posting articles about a topic, for discussion. Attacking the OP because one doesn't like the articles is flat out wrong, and against TOS.

With 5 minutes of research (if that), the main premise of this thread was debunked, They attacked the OP because he couldn't be bothered to do the same. He hates Obama, we get that, hate him for the right reasons, not those just to farm stars and flags

The post was based on articles that asserted the premise. Attacking the OP over that is rude, and against the TOS. Also, it's not known if the woman was in labor or not. Labor can last for days in some cases, so claims that the baby wasn't born by such-and-such a time aren't proof there was no issue. Nothing was "debunked". Also, part of the point was he's always off doing fundraisers, which this likely was, and in this case it had the potential to cause a real problem. If he doesn't want the job, he should resign and go around doing fundraisers on his own dime, or that of those that might still support him. None of that was "debunked", either.

2. The articles clearly state that the MOTORCADE prevented her from crossing the street, and no one made any allegation that Obama knew who was and wasn't allowed to cross.

I'm sure MANY other people wanted to cross the street too, but the OP clearly states SHE couldn't BECAUSE of the Obama motorcade. Could have said the presidential motorcade, didn't go that route

Howe many people are aware ahead of time of such a route? Is there some requirement to know where a motorcade might pass? Was it not going directly past the hospital?

That anyone is proud of such behavior is a bad reflection on them, and on the site as a whole. ATS used to be a place where ALL could post, and no bad behavior was allowed.

Pointing out the OPs BS is NOT bad behavior, sorry we can't all be forced to agree with each other, especially when it has been PROVEN to be BS. There was also a time when an obvious troll thread resulted in a banning of the OP, but apparently that rue is out the window too

Pointing out that the article is BS (not saying it is) isn't bad behavior. Calling the OP a troll, or the whole thread a "hoax", is, however. Especially since half his points were ignored in the process.

Oh, and the fact that he put 3 threads worth of subjects in the OP but not the title PROVES he knew the main premise was BS

There are rules about thread titles, when they come from articles. All the articles I have seen on this story say pretty much the same as the thread title.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

This motorcade went by a hospital. I am sure there are plenty of LA streets that don't pass hospitals.

And I'm sure there were other roads leading into the hospital.

On a side note...
There should be a rule about regular members (anyone who is not a mod) not telling people they've broken the rules. We have moderators, and they do a top notch job ensuring the T&C are followed.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Yup rules in certain forums but not this one
He could have titled the op to do with fundraisers but instead chose the sensationalist bs one which again is more or less political baiting or at the very least just a l lie.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

There are rules about thread titles, when they come from articles. All the articles I have seen on this story say pretty much the same as the thread title.

True, but he knew that article would get blasted so he chose to include fundraisers and vacations in the same OP. Topics which should be in a separate thread. As one other poser stated, it is nothing but political baiting, or an outright lie and there are rules against that as well'

And "half his points" were ignored because they had nothing to do with the title of this thread

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Every president we've had over the course of my thirty year life has been a complete and utter scumbag, starting with Ronald Reagan. I love the way us poor people argue in defense of wealthy men who gain their fortunes in the most immoral ways, and who clearly do not care what happens to the citizenry. The president DOES NOT CARE if you are fed, clothed, healthy, safe from police harassment, or optimistic about your own future or the future of the Earth. Every senator, rep, and president during my lifetime has worked to drain financial assets away from the "everyman" and into their own coffers, to build their own personal empires. Anybody that believes the president or their rep in the house cares about their well being is an utter fool. If you go line up at the poll to vote for Scumbag #1 or Scumbag #2, you are indeed a brain-dead zombie.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

And I'm sure there were other roads leading into the hospital.

On a side note...
There should be a rule about regular members (anyone who is not a mod) not telling people they've broken the rules. We have moderators, and they do a top notch job ensuring the T&C are followed.

So his blocking access to a hospital is acceptable to you? Roads for blocks are cordoned off for such things, so if he was that close, they'd all have been blocked.

On a side note, if that was the case, the remarks attacking the OP would have all been pulled. They weren't. People expressing disdain for the OP doesn't bother you, but someone calling it rude does? More of that inequality typical of some people.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yup rules in certain forums but not this one
He could have titled the op to do with fundraisers but instead chose the sensationalist bs one which again is more or less political baiting or at the very least just a l lie.

This isn't the mudpit. Rules apply all over the site, supposedly. He titled the thread after the articles, which is what we are supposed to do. Why that fact seems to escape so many here, I can't imagine.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

True, but he knew that article would get blasted so he chose to include fundraisers and vacations in the same OP. Topics which should be in a separate thread. As one other poser stated, it is nothing but political baiting, or an outright lie and there are rules against that as well'

And "half his points" were ignored because they had nothing to do with the title of this thread

Seems to me they go together perfectly. What was his purpose in LA? Wasn't it fundraising?? Seems logical to combine the two, since they are clearly combined already. Whether the pregnant woman had issues is valid discussion. Whether anything out of line was done by his security people or the local cops is valid discussion. All of that is being discussed, all over online, with all the articles on the topic. It isn't "baiting" to post the same thing here, for ATS members to debate and discuss.

As for the topic, I have issues with him having places blocked off all the time, when he should be working, and he's too busy running around playing celebrity. That's MY take on the whole thing, whether that woman had a problem as a result or not. She could have had a problem, because he was there, and there seems to be no really good reason for him to have been there.

That's the topic.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

His whole presidency has been one big disruption after the other. It's about the only thing he's good at.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

So his blocking access to a hospital is acceptable to you?

Let's, just for a moment, assume that this woman was in the throes of labor and her only route(s) were in fact blocked by this obnoxious motorcade.

--There's one important factor that makes this a simple "blame the President" thread--

*He* (Obama, the guy I don't like and have no reason to defend) didn't block anything off.

Blame the head of his security, or whoever is in charge of planning the route for the motorcade.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join