It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli football team attacked by pro-Palestinian "protestors" in Austria.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
A football game between French and Israeli teams was disrupted by pro-Palestinian activists, seemingly of Turkish descent.

To myself the situation concerning Israel and Palestine is a conundrum in which the dead civilians are a terrible and tragic horror, but I also understand that no country should live under constant rocket fire.
I hope for a ceasefire immediately.

I have my bias, although I don't think my opinion or condemnation would stop a war, and I'd prefer not to support killing or intended killing either way.

However, is it fair for pro-Palestinian groups to respond with violence in other countries?
Do they think this will heighten support for Hamas and the Palestinains, or will it merely contribute to Islamophobia, especially as the non-Muslim world is already shocked by the constant news of the Islamist behavior in Syria and Iraq?
The latest is the images of 8 men crucified by ISIS, apparently because they were Christian apostates from Islam who refused to recant.
shariaunveiled.wordpress.com...
Yeah, the West is always blamed for it all, and the Islamic religion never supposedly has anything to do with it, but the fact is that some Muslims are openly choosing to support these ideologies, and nobody else can be blamed for their choices.

These protestors are wearing black tops that look very similar to Jihadist flags, and one wonders if they merely support peace in Palestine or Islamist conquest?

At least this was just a rumble, in which the "activists" also got a good smack or two.
I'm grateful for that, considering the terrifying alternatives.

Nevertheless, one wonders if majority opinions and sympathies in Europe and elsewhere would support such behavior.

www.dailymail.co.uk... l
edit on 24-7-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

here u go,,

edit on 7/24/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You can put chain links and razor wire around some of the people some of the time.

The rest of the time, watch your back.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

You can put chain links and razor wire around some of the people some of the time.

The rest of the time, watch your back.

watch your back

no truer words were ever written.

backstabers ,, bushwackers.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

This is minor...or perhaps a portent of things to come for anyone representing terrorist Israel.

Your common or garden variety Karma kick in the butt...if it stays limited to a bit of roughing up of an Israeli football team, Israelis should count themselves very lucky indeed.

Unfortunately for them, i think this is just a minor opening for much more serious things to come.

But...live by the sword and all that.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Is it just me or did the Isreali soccer team start the brawl? I think the third activist got knocked down by a soccer player which started the fight.

IMO it should have been a peaceful protest which turned ugly because of that one Israeli player.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So what exactly did those specific and individual Israeli citizens do to warrant being protested, disrupted and assaulted?

Is there a member of that team with a direct tie to the current events or is it just enough to know they live within the legal boundaries of the Israeli state to make them open season?

It strikes me as important for the people carrying such blinding hatred to put out some effort in insuring the people being attacked at least have some remote connection to what it is all about.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

for all we or they know, the person they attacked could have been a Muslim,,,who loves football/soccer and wanted to be on the best team,,because he made the cut,, not because of his beliefs,, thats Sports,,,
but sadly it was because some despise the Sate of Israel and all that the word, stands for.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Lol i see at the start a soccer player push the guys running on the field, is this suposed to be a joke.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Terrible title, you can clearly see at the start a soccer player in green push 1 guy down then lunge at a second person off camera, what a joke, sorry op not attacking you but the video itself.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

I saw that too!

Title should read:

Israeli football players attack pro-Palestine protesters.
edit on 24-7-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

a little background,,,

"There was rioting in Paris on the weekend ,
when a synagogue and Jewish-owned businesses
were attacked during a pro-Palestinian rally."

"Meanwhile, murderous slogans dating back to the days of Hitler
have been chanted at similar events in Germany."

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... l#ixzz38QCv9krB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So i thought it was against the German Law to chant such things in Germany,, and 90% of Germans understand why.??

or is this ok if you are Muslim and German??

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's all very sad and confusing right now, why are Jews in France and Germany being attacked by armed groups? Synagogues burned down. They have nothing to do with it.... Same applies to the OP's video.

Anti-semitism should not be a factor right now, any peace keeper on any side should be shouting for a peaceful end to this madness. Lest we be hyprocrites.

I fear we're in some dire times right now.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
GOOD!
If these terrorists don't stop their murderous ways the peoples of every nation they go to just may treat them like some countries would do to Dick Cheney.
Go home israeli, terrorism isn't welcome here.
I won't leave the US myself because our world image.

new topics

top topics

join