It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOOM! and Lights Over Outer Banks, NC

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Earlier than that, as I mentioned I was thinking of going over to the west side to shoot sunset shots. Sunset that evening was 8:16pm. I can relay detailed events of our afternoon / early evening which makes me sure of the time. For summary, I always call a family member around 9:00pm each evening. That evening I was suppose to call at 8:30pm...but out of habit, forgot the earlier time change of the call we had arranged the previous evening. I called at 9:00pm as usual. It was prior to me making the phone call.
In regards to the weather, LOL!!! For everyone that has visited here, remember the saying, "wait 5 minutes and the weather will change!". So sometimes the national reporting stations and apps such as weather.com, accuweather and the like are not accurate for checking past weather. The stations sometimes do not pick up those quick changes, since they post every 15 minutes. The winds at the time were calm, SW between 0-3mph. There are private individuals and businesses that have weather stations at their locations that posts reports online via wunderground.com. Here is a link to one location that is between me in KDH and NH (MP 8.5). This is Cavalier By The Sea www.wunderground.com.../s20140722/e20140722/mdaily
Another one OBX Live Surf located in NH www.wunderground.com.../s20140722/e20140722/mdaily Notice there are slightly higher winds just a few miles down the beach at the same time. Still same direction SW.
No worries on the direction mix-up, it gets confusing here sometimes with nothing but sand and water for navigation!
a reply to: Aldakoopa

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Some weddings are very very small, the couple and 2 witnesses are all that are required. No one may come forward to say they released chinese lanterns here as they are prohibited.
With that said though, yes it would more than likely be a larger wedding that would release them. And yes, even though they are prohibited does not mean they are never released. They are rarer to see here, if that makes any difference.
Where was your witness located? Were they near Jenette's Pier? Jenette's has a wedding venue now, as well as a LOT of people using the beach under/near the pier for weddings.
We do have booms here, probably weekly or at the very least several times a month. These were different and for the navy to quickly claim responsibility is odd imho. We have incidents with booms and even planes here and no one ever seems to know anything. Just odd on this particular case.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarolinaGrl
Some weddings are very very small, the couple and 2 witnesses are all that are required. No one may come forward to say they released chinese lanterns here as they are prohibited.
With that said though, yes it would more than likely be a larger wedding that would release them. And yes, even though they are prohibited does not mean they are never released. They are rarer to see here, if that makes any difference.
Where was your witness located? Were they near Jenette's Pier? Jenette's has a wedding venue now, as well as a LOT of people using the beach under/near the pier for weddings.
We do have booms here, probably weekly or at the very least several times a month. These were different and for the navy to quickly claim responsibility is odd imho. We have incidents with booms and even planes here and no one ever seems to know anything. Just odd on this particular case.

Yes this case it's odd, otherwise I would have given up already. The witness claims to have been just north of the Nags Head fishing pier. I have a couple of high school classmates that said they heard a boom around 8:30-9:00, which is a little earlier than the other witness claims. They both say they never saw any lights though even though one of them was riding a bike on the beach road in Nags Head between 8:30-9:00. Thanks for your input carolinagrl!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just got a call from my girlfriend. She said she was taking a co-worker home after they got off work and she saw a strange light in the sky. She said it was moving sort of erratically and getting bigger. She made sure her friend saw it too and started thinking maybe it's a UFO. So, she finally pulled over so her and her friend could watch it and...

IT WAS A GOD DAMN CHINESE LANTERN.

As for that man I talked to last night who said there was something opaque between the lights, I have to say I had a similar experience. I saw some lights moving in triangle formation late one night, but it seemed to be opaque in the middle. It's almost like it's a trick of the mind to make you think that these lights travelling perfectly in unison must be part of the same object. The lights I was seeing? Fighter jets heading to the bombing range, they even split up once they got out over the area where the bombing range would be and started conducting their exercises.

So... I guess that concludes this thread. That's the nail in the coffin, from my own girlfriend. SOMEBODY is out there this week with Chinese Lanterns and is releasing them in small groups and/or individually. So... mods, do whatever you do with a thread that is completely disproved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join