It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Recruits More Suicide Bombers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
"200 pledge willingness to carry out suicide attacks against Americans, Israelis
06:38 AM EST Dec 03

An Iranian man, prepares his daughter by covering her face in the same style of Palestinian and Lebanese militants, during a ceremony for the first suicide commandos unit at a cemetery just outside Tehran, Iran, Thursday. (AP Photo/Vahid Salemi)
NASSER KARIMI

TEHRAN, Iran, (AP) - Some 200 masked young men and women gathered at a Tehran cemetery Thursday to pledge their willingness to carry out suicide bomb attacks against Americans in Iraq and Israelis.

The ceremony was organized by the Headquarters for Commemorating Martyrs of the Global Islamic Movement, a shadowy group that has since June been seeking volunteers for attacks in Iraq and Israel.

A spokesman, Ali Mohammadi, described Thursday's group as the "first suicide commando unit," though another official has claimed members already have carried out attacks in Israel.

"Sooner or later we will bury all blasphemous occupiers of Islamic lands," Mohammadi said.

Sunday, Iran's deputy interior minister for security affairs told reporters the movement had no official sanction and said such groups could operate only "as long as their ideas are limited to theory." The group, though, has the backing of some prominent hard-line Iranian politicians.

The deputy minister, Ali Asghar Ahmadi, did not say if the government had tried to crack down on the military style training the group claims to offer or whether officials believed any of its volunteers had crossed into Iraq or into Israel."

Link
www.cbc.ca...

For a nation and a "religion" that only wants "peace" why is such a recruitment needed. Islam is now sending "women" to die for "Allah". Equality finally reaches Islam................

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Animals.....how dare they incite anyone to take another human life. I may not agree with the US/Israeli policies and agendas with a view to the middle est and the rest of the world, but Id never sign away my own life just to kill other people and think that Im actaually a good person who is doing the will of God.....any god.......I pray for the hearts and minds of all my enemies, and I hope that one day the US/Israel/Iran may one day do the same for each other instead of warring, inciting religous hatred and supporting this type of activity. If I offend any1, I dont mean2, but this is very,very sick.......there is no justification for "An-eye-for-an-eye" policies anywhere.....we should be promoting love, altruism and peace....this is not the way to achieve anything but bloodshed and hatred.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by radiant_obsidian]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The title of this thread is very misleading. This type of post heading is more of the crap trying to suggest that the entire population and government of Iran want a war with the West.

Iran has not recruited more suicide bombers, just a certain movement. This does not mean the government and general poulace have been recruiting.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The "government" of Iran has not condemed this action. In Iran, if the "clerics" don't want something to happen they can and will stop it.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The "government" of Iran has not condemed this action. In Iran, if the "clerics" don't want something to happen they can and will stop it.

I do not know how to make this any more simple for you. Iran has NOT recruited suicide bombers. Your thread title is a lie, plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
So what... the US is banning abortions (every child has the right to grow up, join the army, and die in a foreign country for oil), and is still trying to lure people to come live over there with green-card lotteries... sounds like the US is still recruiting as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
So what... the US is banning abortions (every child has the right to grow up, join the army, and die in a foreign country for oil), and is still trying to lure people to come live over there with green-card lotteries... sounds like the US is still recruiting as well.

Are you saying suicide bombers are OK? And what does that have to do with Abortion. It would appear that Murder of innocents is OK based on your reply. That can't be what you mean is it?

new topics

top topics

join