It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds building robot companions for children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
While at first glance it looks ok, after one reads the dialog it becomes very scary indeed.

Fed's Robots for Children

we want the robots to be able to guide the child toward a behavior that we desire

And therein lies the problem. The government will stop at nothing to control us. They know shaping the minds of children will give them the ultimate control.
edit on 7/24/2014 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: haarvik

Reminds me of a James Patterson book titled toys.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Link is not working, do you have another?

I looked it up through Google, and holy cow...that is scary. I like robots but not ones that are designated by the government in order to acquire the good little citizen they are after. Would they order these for their children, I wonder.

WTF? Crazy days ahead.
edit on 24-7-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: haarvik

shaping the minds of children has been going on for centuries, it's simply a different mouthpiece...everybody relax, you won't lose control of your brats, it will be a glorified babysitter. besides, what a profit maker, especially the one that comes with the remote ass-paddler.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Linky

I find this to be a bad idea. And this whole article seems to be written from the logical fallacy: arguing from emotion. "It is for the children, think of the children". But more telling is the quote from the scientist:

“Just like a good personal trainer, we want the robots to be able to guide the child toward a behavior that we desire,” said Brian Scassellati, a computer science professor at Yale and principal investigator for the study.

Who is this "we"? Why do they not want us to be "free thinkers". This "free thinking" has allowed us to progress to the point we are now. Unless I am missing something.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sounds like the A.I. Artificial Intelligence. It's said that Kubrick really would have wanted the movie to be more than what it was portrayed as by Hollywood.

Just keep repeating to yourself it's only a movie...
edit on 24-7-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
How long before they get hacked and start telling the kids too.......?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is why our country has taken a nose dive in births, because children no longer belong to the parents

The state has taken ownership, and if even good or great parents disagree with the state,

the state takes the children away. (ex: the little girl whose both MD (Dr) and Parents disagreed with the state over the child's medical care; and the state took the child and put her in a mental institution)

It is very scary to have children in the USA today.

My daughters friends who have small children are petrified when the kids fall down. One even said to the group "You saw her fall right, we were only a few feet away", and right after that their young son took a tumble during normal play and hurt himself, they were so scared that if "the state" saw the 2 kids were hurt they'd be taken away. As a former child development professor, I can tell you these are good parents, I've known them since before the kids were born.

That is why we are stealing children from South American,

because our birth rate has fallen so dramatically,

partly because of the intrusive government who steals children from parents they want to reeducate in the name of "safety"; and let abusive parents who agree with the state keep their kids;

and put the kids in homes that are far more questionable than the ones they came from - to insure a "proper state" upbringing.

Why have children if you have to worry they will be ripped from you with a flimsy excuse if the state doesn't like the politics or religion of the parents.

edit on 24-7-2014 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Schools already control kids and tell them what to do. These robots sound like they will be made to encourage not boss around.

new topics

top topics

join