It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahhh The Queen photo-bombed our selfie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Australia’s women’s hockey team were beside themselves after a chance encounter with royalty. Queen Elizabeth is not known for making unscheduled stop-offs on the way to appointments but she noticed the Hockeyroos side warming down on the second pitch at the Glasgow Hockey Stadium

Source
edit on 24 7 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

That's ... AWESOME!!!

ETA: I don't care what anyone says ... the Queen is just bad-@$$!!
edit on 2472014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
she's thinking...hmm they look tasty, must get the bbq going

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

That's the money shot! They even caught the queen when she was smiling!

Awesome for them!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Obviously a fan. Just look at that grin!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
And to think if not for an American actress she might have been just another princess.. a reply to: Snarl

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Yup and she has turned out to be one of our greatest royals ever!!

Good on you Queenie keep on smiling

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
She's even loved on this side of the pond. a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Hands off she is ours

I happened to meet her when I ran a pub in Whitechapel, she opened a new wing of the royal london Prince Phillip came in and had a half a bitter and I was like "who is paying for it?" and an aid paid for it then when he left me and a load of nurses with beer in our hand saw her and started shouting "Queen Queen give us a wave give us a wave" she looked right over gave a wicked grin and then did her wave
we all cheered and she chuckled and got in her car.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
When you say our selfie, do you mean you are one of the people in the photo? I just saw this image on imgur and had a lol and now we meet again haha

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ragsntatters

The girl on the left, Jayde, wrote "Ahhh The Queen photo-bombed our selfie" when she added the photo to her tritter account here source

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Don't worry she's yours we won't steal her. That is positively awesome for you and your pub. You know what Whitechapel means to Americans don't you? Yep the hangout of good old Jack the ripper. A reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't know that I would have been concerned with payment but I would have gotten a photo for the pubs wall at the very least. LOL
a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Accurate assessment olde Voidy.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yup saw plenty of USAers going on the tours around Whitechapel every night going past me pub.
No offence but most USAers annoyed me coming in a pub and asking for a coffee lol.
We only has two cups, once 25 young student nurses from the states came in and ordered 25 coffees, I told em all "Beer or nowt" and they were shocked they could order beer so young (they were about 19/20) anyhow got the ladies on cider and the blokes on bitter and they all had a great time and spent many a night sloshed with us all
Anyhow yeah the Queen is cool I got a funny feeling Charles will not spend long on the Throne and then King Willy

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingYou

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Accurate assessment olde Voidy.

ketchup?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thats a once in a lifetime picture for you girls. If only more people in power would stop for a second and actually act like they did care about the people, the Queen does interact with the public much more than most in power, No bullet proof glass,. I think the Queen has been amazing, during her reign.

top topics

join