It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isis orders women of Mosul to undergo genital mutilation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I very rarely comment in the ME Issues forum, and I personally think these ISIS people sound terrifying with their murdering rampages. I have just seen this piece of news ...
www.itv.com...

Militant group Isis has ordered all girls and women in and around the Iraqi city of Mosul to undergo female genital mutilation, a UN official said.

“This is something very new for Iraq, particularly in this area, and is of grave concern and does need to be addressed. This is not the will of Iraqi people, or the women of Iraq in these vulnerable areas covered by the terrorists. - Jacqueline Badcock, UN humanitarian co-ordinator in Iraq

What an horrific hellhole that land is. I'd rather be dead than be alive over there.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thank god we set the stage for Isis to move in and take over.....

That's sarcasm..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

These are just the beginnings, IS (Not ISIS anymore) is a Caliphate now, and they are going to act the part.

More of these things will surely come to pass, and our response will be Nil. You're right though, dead may be a welcome relief to the people living under the Caliph.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I wonder if the U.N. will dare to speak out against this?
I have no doubt they are shaking in their shoes over ISIS.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is bad. This is almost as bad as it gets. This is absolute subjugation.
Bad caricature, but it makes the point.

What the Hell did 0bama think he was doing? Yup ... gotta obey the orders of the Commander In Chief.

So ... What the Hell were the Voters thinking? Guess it really just doesn't matter what happens to 'other people' anymore.

Sorry for the rant. This stuff tears my soul.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

These are just the beginnings, IS (Not ISIS anymore) is a Caliphate now, and they are going to act the part.

More of these things will surely come to pass, and our response will be Nil. You're right though, dead may be a welcome relief to the people living under the Caliph.

If I was a ME female living over there I would kill myself rather than be subjected to this torturous mutilation.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I imagine this will mean women's liberation won't be seeing progress in modern Iraq for a generation or ten. Pity, on that. They seemed to finally be getting somewhere in not treating half their people like dogs by gender alone.

They can at least hope this fledgling Caliph will be short lived, and in every sense of that.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is really getting too far ...

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
This is bad. This is almost as bad as it gets. This is absolute subjugation.
Bad caricature, but it makes the point.

What the Hell did 0bama think he was doing? Yup ... gotta obey the orders of the Commander In Chief.

So ... What the Hell were the Voters thinking? Guess it really just doesn't matter what happens to 'other people' anymore.

Sorry for the rant. This stuff tears my soul.

A disgusting response to this topic.

What has the world really done for about genital mutilation elsewhere...you know...where there is nothing to gain? What does any president have to do with this? This is a human issue and condition. The revolution against which needs to start from within with support of other humans.

Exactly what do you expect a president to do about this? Bomb the f*ck out of yet another million or more women and children to stop this?

edit on 7/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
All in the name of religion no doubt.

So where are your gods when you need them?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Have the gates of hell been opened?

thehill.com...

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My God! That is the pit hole of hell itself. They are very seriously insane! OK, it's time we call for a lobotomy fatwa for these inhuman ghouls. I am disgusted and outraged no end!!

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I believe his point(current me Snarl if wrong) is that While some maybe have not liked President's Bush's Policies, He would not have let it come to this, he would most likely have another surge (which was successful the first time) before he allowed IS to take control of half of Syria and Iraq.

So If they weren't allowed to run rampant, they wouldn't be allowed to declare this new Fatwa on the Women of Iraq.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I believe his point(current me Snarl if wrong) is that While some maybe have not liked President's Bush's Policies, He would not have let it come to this, he would most likely have another surge (which was successful the first time) before he allowed IS to take control of half of Syria and Iraq.

So If they weren't allowed to run rampant, they wouldn't be allowed to declare this new Fatwa on the Women of Iraq.

Oh I get the flawed thinking. I just find it disgusting. They attempted to use a similar excuse in Afghanistan after the fact. Again, those who use any excuse to get what they want don't give a damn about this unless there is something to gain.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I thought the UN ruled female circumcision globally illegal, not that these scum bags care about legality. But, I would think that the law may protect some of the women for sometime until rational people can sort this crap out. Fingers crossed and hoping this edict falls flat before it begins.

+6 more 
link   
This is the Muslim version of paradise on earth.

I really don't understand why any country allows people from this area to come to their countries.

It is an ideology that sucks

link   

There was very little about the Bush policies I agreed with on 'face value.' He did the right things for the wrong reasons.

Bush was an idiot. He knew it ... which means he's not stupid

Ahhh .. screw it. This thread's about something far worse than most Americans could ever aspire to.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Obama refused ‘repeated requests’ since August 2013 for drone strikes against ISIS

He knew, he knew

He is either with them, or he couldn't stand the thought of it being his fault, the campaigning goes on

www.aei-ideas.org...

The New York Times previously reported that in May 2014 Prime Minister Maliki had “secretly asked the Obama administration to consider carrying out airstrikes against extremist staging areas” and that “Iraq’s appeals for a military response have so far been rebuffed by the White House, which has been reluctant to open a new chapter in a conflict that President Obama has insisted was over when the United States withdrew the last of its forces from Iraq in 2011.”

But the fact that Iraqis have been begging for nearly a year for the US to strike ISIS with drones – and that those requests were repeatedly denied by Obama – was not previously known.

Obama regularly authorizes drone strikes against terrorist targets in Pakistan, Yemen and the Horn of Africa. The White House even boasted that the president personally approves the “kill lists” himself.

Why on earth would he refuse to do the same in Iraq? Was he hoping the problem would just go away?

This places culpability for the current fiasco in Iraq squarely on Obama’s shoulders. We already knew that the rise of ISIS was made possible by Obama’s decision to withdraw all American forces from Iraq, against the advice of his military commanders. But now we know that as ISIS was preparing its current offensive, Obama was warned of the coming danger–and refused Iraqi requests to strike ISIS before they recaptured American-liberated cities across Iraq.

This places culpability for the current fiasco in Iraq squarely on Obama’s shoulders.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Some ignorance beings of EA*RTH try and do misuse religions for their own gains and controls upon others. This does not seem fair especially if the ladies there do not wish to be FORCED into these mutilations

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
The UN is part of the problem, it is all connected, they are not allowing Christian from these areas to come into the U.S. as refugees, since when does the UN tell he U.S. who can and cannot come into the U.S.?
rudaw.net...

And yet back in October 2008, Muslim UN employees were "discouraging" applications for resettlement from the desperate Christian Iraqis. -

Since 1976, millions of new citizens have entered America as legal humanitarian refugees, according to reports of the US State Department. The Somalis are certified as "humanitarian refugees" under our State Department rules. Whole Muslim communities are imported into the United States, and they are supported by social services provided by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The cities who receive these huge numbers are determined by Refugee Councils. And yet back in October 2008, Muslim UN employees were "discouraging" applications for resettlement from the desperate Christian Iraqis. - See more at: pamelageller.com... AIL.dpuf

edit on 093131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join