It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My saddest photo yet. From ISS we can actually see explosions and rockets flying over Gaza & Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

A German astronaut managed to capture the Gaza war zone from space while aboard the International Space Station. He called it his “saddest photo yet.”

Alexander Gerst, a German flight engineer, geophysicist and volcanologist, spread the news with a short tweet on Wednesday, as the ISS was on a flyby over Israel and the occupied Palestinian territory. The image went viral.

twitter

There is a country in our World which can do anything without any consequences.

sraeli ambassador says IDF deserves Nobel Peace Prize for “unimaginable restraint”

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I wish that one day humanity is smart enough to look back in the past and see how foolish they were to kill their own kin'

That's very sad indeed :/

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
We certainly are a species of contradictions.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It's all about perspective. We don't actually have any real perspective of how people are suffering all over the world in warzones and it kind of just slides of us like water off a duck's back. Wish there was something we could do about all the wars waged NOT in our name but...

Thanks for the post S&F

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
It's all about perspective. We don't actually have any real perspective of how people are suffering all over the world in warzones and it kind of just slides of us like water off a duck's back. Wish there was something we could do about all the wars waged NOT in our name but...

Thanks for the post S&F

Agreed! This kinda thing happens in 3rd world countries daily.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

We are living in the age of ignorance... Because of it the TPTB can do anything. Even the meaning of the words reversed. The IDF, the israeli DEFENCE forces are "defending themselves" for decades on occupied land.

Israel is currently in the midst of an all-out assault on Hamas positions in the Gaza Strip – an operation that has recently gone into a new phase, as escalating hostilities and ground warfare bring the death toll to 700.

edit on 07am1010u7 by maghun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Thanks for the post S&F

Agreed! This kinda thing happens in 3rd world countries daily.

South America
Africa
that's some big generalizing but yeah its amazing how when the violence just goes on and on and on the media moves on to the next big thing
If Israel keeps this up for another week or two it will no longer be in the news
Just like ISIS they popped up in the news last month, now kinda gone, funny thing they had actually taken over a major city in Iraq back in January, didn't hear much about that I recal, maybe we did, but it didn't pass my radar
What about Crimea that's just a part of Russia now, no problems?

Its going to take something really big now to get our eyes off the current events
Or they just keep going on and become just background noise
Like Africa and South America

(to those that live in Africa and South America...I am not intending to belittle your plights just put into perspective the eye of the worlds media)
edit on 24-7-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smexy
I wish that one day humanity is smart enough to look back in the past and see how foolish they were to kill their own kin'

That's very sad indeed :/

That is the thing, there is a group of people that actually believe they are better and it is ok to just exterminate others at will.
Worse off, the US enables them.
I wish we could hang our traitors and defund the mid east.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: maghun

This picture gave me goosebumps.

Earthlings have a long way to go before we all understand that we are all the same.

a reply to: links234

I love Carl Sagan

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

edit on 24-7-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

“Nearly 300 innocent lives were taken—men, women, children, infants—who had nothing to do with the crisis in Ukraine. Their deaths are an outrage of unspeakable proportions.” – President Barack Obama on the plane crash in Ukraine.

“War is tough, and I said that publicly and I’ll say it again. We defend Israel’s right to do what it is doing …” – Secretary of State John Kerry, asked about slaughter of several hundred civilians in Gaza.

“And as society has hitherto moved in class antagonism, morality has always been class morality …” – Friedrich Engels, Anti-Duhring.

top topics

join