It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I just saw a new Northrop Grumman commercial showing a timeline of various aircraft from the early flying wing bomber YB-49 all the way up to the X-47 UAV. The last aircraft I am absolutely thrilled about you cannot see, all you see is clouds moving out of the way. Just wait until that one is rolled out.

Northrop Grumman Commercial

Its been awhile since I posted so I linked the video, someone can fix it if they like. I tried and said unknown error on YouTube's end
edit on 24-7-2014 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just looked at it then looked at the B49 video, to think a Flying Wing aircraft was axed back then by someone in the Government, how much further would all innovation be now if it hadn't...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

It seems to be the norm today to "promise" and tease us exotic aerial vehicles that are just a tad hidden from our direct knowledge. Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Northrop all target us with their presentations. --As if we citizens personally hand over the billions for their products. Even the US Air Force had an "trailer" out last year that depicted an futuristic 'lifter" of some sort that caused a lot of comment here on ATS.

Understand that when you see an mysterious, exotic-powered vehicle moving quietly through the air that there is a whole industry hidden there and it is not some solitary prototype or merely your imagination that you have seen a "UFO" type of craft.

It has been opined that the big three aerospace companies are all involved in manufacturing components of these secret devices and no doubt are eager to burst free from the secrecy and offer commercial models. I'm not aware of any of their videos, but we can add GE to the list as the probable supplier of the "mass disruptor" units that power these new craft.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I think that is probably the LRS-B at the end

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Here us the video, OP. They are impressive looking planes.

edit on 24-7-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Its a fairly older video, but good none the less. However, way after this video came out, there were rumors about the NG LRS-B bird was grounded indefinitely due to one of its newer systems not preforming the way it should while the LM bird continued test flights incorporating the same system on its jet. So who knows if the NG bird will ever fly or be in production.

From what me and others on here have heard about the competition, both aircraft are very advanced and would make a great bomber/isr/insert whatever you would like here. I wouldn't mind seeing both being produced to keep costs down by being competitive.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
Just looked at it then looked at the B49 video, to think a Flying Wing aircraft was axed back then by someone in the Government, how much further would all innovation be now if it hadn't...

It would have worked but the Fly by Wire technology that was needed for stable controllable flight needed to be developed. One of my most favorite aircraft.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
Its a fairly older video, but good none the less. However, way after this video came out, there were rumors about the NG LRS-B bird was grounded indefinitely due to one of its newer systems not preforming the way it should while the LM bird continued test flights incorporating the same system on its jet. So who knows if the NG bird will ever fly or be in production.

From what me and others on here have heard about the competition, both aircraft are very advanced and would make a great bomber/isr/insert whatever you would like here. I wouldn't mind seeing both being produced to keep costs down by being competitive.

First time I saw it was this morning, and was marveling at the fact a decent commercial was shown. If someone had posted about this video before I didn't see that. I wouldn't presume to say what I think the aircraft depicted was but like you and a few other I am aware of what it could be and that's what giving me hope an official roll out will occur soon, maybe within another 10 years. Its going to be awesome. As far as I know that competition is still happening right?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The NG aircraft is done. It suffered quite a bit of damage from what I hear, and will need a redesign.

As for the roll out, it'll be a lot sooner than 10 years.
edit on 7/24/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

It seems to be the norm today to "promise" and tease us exotic aerial vehicles that are just a tad hidden from our direct knowledge. Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Northrop all target us with their presentations. --As if we citizens personally hand over the billions for their products. Even the US Air Force had an "trailer" out last year that depicted an futuristic 'lifter" of some sort that caused a lot of comment here on ATS.

Understand that when you see an mysterious, exotic-powered vehicle moving quietly through the air that there is a whole industry hidden there and it is not some solitary prototype or merely your imagination that you have seen a "UFO" type of craft.

It has been opined that the big three aerospace companies are all involved in manufacturing components of these secret devices and no doubt are eager to burst free from the secrecy and offer commercial models. I'm not aware of any of their videos, but we can add GE to the list as the probable supplier of the "mass disruptor" units that power these new craft.

I understand about getting excited over something that hasn't happened but I doubt either of the commercials are a tease. That transport VTOL aircraft brings a huge capability that any modern people would want, military aside I think we will see aircraft like that one day, one day soon maybe.

Yes there are industries that contribute to the aerospace field, other than aircraft manufactures. So I`m not sure what you meant by that paragraph. I wasn't insinuating that Northrop Grumman had come up with a highly advanced top secret aircraft alone.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The NG aircraft is done. It suffered quite a bit of damage from what I hear, and will need a redesign.

Because of that damage was assumed the roll out might be pushed back a bit, you probably have more details than I do. Will the NG one be revealed like the YF-118G "Bird of Prey" aircraft described as a technology demonstrator test aircraft you think?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The NG bird may or may not have a roll out, but the LM bird will be rolled out soon. They're pretty much guaranteed the contract, and are quire far along in the process.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18191361]Zaphod58[/post
We speak about LM bird but where is Boeing ?

edit on 24-7-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Partnering with LM on their aircraft.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Surley something great with the punch of this two company it's a little sad for NG but they have surely something else if they loose, in the UAV world instead.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The NG bird may or may not have a roll out, but the LM bird will be rolled out soon. They're pretty much guaranteed the contract, and are quire far along in the process.

Exciting!

I'm sure Northrop Grumman has other stuff to occupy themselves with.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Losing the bomber hurt, but there are two more bomber replacements in the works for the future, and there are currently something like 11 UAVs currently under development from a couple of manufacturers.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The big three are learning to partner with each other. Look at the F35 program. These programs/builds are so massive when you get to LRP/FRP phase you almost have to. You can chop up and sub out the contract to who does what best/cheapest. Boeing design, LM electrical fab, NG integration, etc. Who is best at what is up for debate. a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You're REALLY gonna like the bird that will take over the role the FB-111 used to fill, and assist the F-15E.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

Because of that damage was assumed the roll out might be pushed back a bit, you probably have more details than I do. Will the NG one be revealed like the YF-118G "Bird of Prey" aircraft described as a technology demonstrator test aircraft you think?

The thing about NG is even when they lose, they don't give up. The system that failed on the bird has only been tried on one other aircraft that we know of (I.e. declassified). If LM perfected it like we think, it's going to change aeronautics in the future. And I have a feeling that the 550 million per copy will be blown out of the water. Prob closer to 8-900 million each.

But the government said they won't put any technology on the bird that isn't tried and true tested already. So it's kind of strange to think about what else it's been on. But it could explain why we havent seen any aircraft since the bird of prey declassified in a long time. Maybe they are waiting for the lrs-b to roll out first.

new topics

top topics

join