It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico is Way More Screwed than You Think

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

All roads lead to Juarez...

If you thought the influx of immigrants was an issue-look at the efforts that the cartels are putting in to get their product over the border-tunnels, catapults, you name it.

That's the problem that the Govt faces: Who's is an immigrant and who's a mover? The line between the two is being blurred.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They have more then one way to get funding. Drugs are large part but only a part, if they lose that part they'll just pump more in funding in the others. They're very quick to change what they need to do to make money. With out the moral guide lines it makes it even easier. The human traffic and organ trade would just grow.

We would have to cut out their drug trade and hit them at the same time to take any measure of power from them right now.

Well that is why I made the analogy to a sucker punch and not an analogy to shooting someone in the head.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Where is the Mexican military in all this? If they're involved the entire country is screwed. If the U.S. doesn't recognize the seriousness situation in Mexico, it's bound to grab hold in the U.S. over time. I feel bad for the Mexican people who are caught in the middle of this evil and murderous rampage. Our government spends more time getting involved in wars and borders overseas, yet ignores a major problem right across our own border! Maybe they should start worrying about the real threat to America's homeland, instead of conflicts that have no threat to us or our interests.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think there is a bit of ... hyperbole going on.

It IS a narco state and is even more corrupt these days than usual... which is par for the course for most American countries south of the U.S. ... which has corruption, too, but nothing like the those others.

And some of the cartels (2 I can think of) are composed of horrible murdering psychos... but most of the bigger ones are not... it's bad business.

As far as being an organ farm and having slavers running about... no more than other populations of desperately poor... which is surprisingly few, considering.

In short, it's not nearly as bad as the picture you paint... though some caution when there isn't stupid.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
I think there is a bit of ... hyperbole going on.

In short, it's not nearly as bad as the picture you paint..

Tell that to all the people, children included, who are flooding over the border.

In the middle east they would be called refugees and it would be a humanitarian issue. (Would be?)

Over here they're called illegal aliens and it's a political issue.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Let us figure out who the bad guys are and then rectify the situation. The government of the two countries seem to have little interest in solving the problem. And for the record, I don't like the term aliens. We are from the same planet. Bad guys are bad guys. Some of them need to be exterminated.
Here's a start. Let's figure out where they are and shut the lights out.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 24-7-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The warning was sounded many years ago, and these cartels are aligned with Islamic terrorist,.

homeland.house.gov...

But when we tried to expose this, we were shouted down on the forum
Nov 16, 2012
www.investigativeproject.org...

McCaul led a fact-finding mission to the Tri-border region of South America of Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina to see the Hizballah threat first-hand, concluding that Iran and Hizballah pose a serious threat to the U.S. southern border.

"What we are seeing here is a marriage between Hizballah, the [Iranian] Quds Force and these drug cartels," McCaul said.

A substantial link between Hizballah and the drug cartels was exposed in the indictment of Ayman "Junior" Joumaa, a Lebanese national who was accused of selling 85,000 kilos of coc aine to Mexico's Los Zetas drug cartel from 2005 to 2007.

"This nexus potentially provides Iranian operatives with undetected access into the United States," the report says.

Notice how they are only deporting women and children, the young men are staying
edit on 093131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
The warning was sounded many years ago, and these cartels are aligned with Islamic terrorist,.

homeland.house.gov...

The cartels are aligned with anyone who they need to assist them to make them more money with no questions asked. If that happens to be Islamic terrorists, Irish terrorists, criminal governments, then so be it.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Where is the Mexican military in all this? If they're involved the entire country is screwed.

the only thing Y____ mentioned in relation to that is that her brother is in the military, and is actively fighting one of the cartels (sorry, am fuzzy on which/where, but can ask her later if anyone's curious). he warned her to stay away, because although it is bad in veracruz they were "killing poeple for fun" where he was deployed.

but if you wanna have a minor stroke, search "mexican military cartels".

basically the picture comes out like, yeah, the military IS fighting the cartels, but most cartels are staffed by ex-military. bribes, corruption, collusion etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

homeland.house.gov...

The cartels are aligned with anyone who they need to assist them to make them more money with no questions asked. If that happens to be Islamic terrorists, Irish terrorists, criminal governments, then so be it.

OH yes, America is under attack from many outside forces.
www.latinamericanstudies.org...

latino.foxnews.com...

And no one finds it odd that Obama was on the phone with Putin when the plane went down mmmkay

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Well, point taken ...but actually, the flood of kids in the news recently are from Central America... not Mexico.

ETA: And the conditions there are deplorable and the direct result of the 1st worlds miserable, selfish economic policies (and 2nd-3rd world's leaders grabbing what they can and caring nothing for their people) and I don't blame anyone trying to 'escape' the madness... I just think the state of things is exaggerated and most of the folks there are perfectly wonderful.

edit on 7/24/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Reading stuff like this makes me wish there's going to be a NWO. It's not just Mexico where bad things happen but in so many countries, the world could really use a world police to get all the bad guys so the good guys can continue living in peace. Not to mention the countries which need basic education.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I've been all over Mexico, by bus and more and never seen anything like what is being mentioned. I traveled at night and went out with friends/alone and am not a local national. I stood out like a sore thumb and found nothing but people being extremely helpful.

The best conversation I ever had about the violence here was with a taxi driver who said more or less this after I asked about the drug violence..."the violence is all the news reports but its mostly gang members killing gang members...in America kids shoot up other kids every month.

Maybe I traveled in the best places or something but I had never seen anything like that in my months I had spent there.

I can confirm that the cartels do indeed go after your families...especially government workers.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO

ANABEL HERNANDEZ THINKS THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT IS BEHIND THE COUNTRY'S DRUG WAR

if other members have good info or 1st hand accounts to contribute, i'd be grateful.

Killer thread...

Below is a very interesting article.

According to the author, this is far more organized than just the government.

I was a member of the Illuminati for 47 years. I was recruited when I was 19 years old. I have posted here off and on over the past year. (Some of the posts are mine, others are my brothers, mainly they are his) The information that I am about to unfold is very revealing and very dangerous. I am one of seven people in the history of the Illuminati that have performed the “Departure” Ritual. I knew that I needed to get out when I had something revealed to me at a meeting in June of 2010. For years I was in line with the beliefs, motives, and actions of the Illuminati, but it recently became too much for me to bear, and I had to extinguish my sacred contract.

The drug trade and war on drugs are essential to the Illuminati. As more and more drugs are traded and cartels become more powerful, the Illuminati becomes richer and more powerful. One of the major contributors and benefactors to the drug trade is Warren Buffett. Buffett has been running the drug trade in the Western Hemisphere for the past twenty years. The drug cartels of Mexico are under his power. It is important that the Illuminati control the majority of the drugs in North America. This is because it gives them yet another vehicle to transport technology that allows them to take control of the consumers.

The Illuminati is constantly searching for ways to implant themselves in the minds of the general public, and naturally, control of the drug trade was the perfect way to do so. Buffett secured control of the drug trade when he approached multiple drug cartels and presented them with contracts. He has been in control ever since, and Ben Bernanke is assisting him with the day to day operations.

Illuminati Truths

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Are Mexican's so afraid and weak they can not even protect a single community? They should all be ashamed they have let it get this bad is it any wonder why they are flooding across.

Americans are we so weak and afraid that we will let the people flooding across do the exact same thing here? It might not look that bad now but give it another 10 years. Mexico was not that bad 20 years ago. It is like a fatal disease that can be cured no problem but you decide to take you chances.........ENOUGH ALREADY.

Close the border and any business that employes these criminals. Take away any and all incentive to come to this country in an illegal fashion. And help the people who are following the law gain citizenship.
edit on 24-7-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I do not get how some of you say you have been to Mexico as an American and did not feel threatened?

Be honest now. You never stepped foot off of the resort did you?

That entire country is a cesspool I've been and it was absolutely terrifying in some areas especially after dark. Granted they have some pretty areas and beaches but it is not worth being beheaded to go for a swim.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

We go to Mexico every summer. Just got back less than a month ago from our last trip. Took taxis all through the Mayan Riviera, hanging out in the cities of Puerto Morales and Playa del Carmen. Our resort was outside of Playa, but only a short walk (ten minutes) into town.

The drive from the airport was about 45 minutes. Why would we feel threatened?

Just weird. Oh, and there is a huge American and European ex-pat community in Cancun and the Mayan Riviera.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I see the argument behind ending the war on drugs and building a wall.

In the long run, neither one will matter.

This Will come down to war. The Mexican's can fight the cartels ... or we can.

picture this, since we gotta have a little ct on our ct board.

mid-east is just about played out, africa's heating up. where's the market gonna move to? start seeding and shipping a restricted product. piping stuff across the border through backchannels. first the arms, then the mercs. apply economic pressure from the other end, and mexico starts to destabilize. trigger enough border conflicts, make sure the mexican military is implicated and then send in the #ing troops.

mexico annexed.

of course, that doesn't take into account all the other possible players, which include islamic terrorists, south american cartels, and maybe the chinese.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Same thoughts here.

I've heard it many times on this site, ... there's a purple agenda.

The US will eventually move on Mexico. They'll take territory south to the Panama Canal.

"When" is the only question. I believe this.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

If you thought the influx of immigrants was an issue-look at the efforts that the cartels are putting in to get their product over the border-tunnels, catapults, you name it.

And who could forget about those good old coc aine submarines?
They wash up on shore all the time.
The American (And Mexican, what's left of it anyway) would have you believe that it's just a couple of gang wars that will die out in a few weeks, That everything is alright.
You could compare the situation to that of the 1960's-70's with the American mafia, The mafia was about making money and keepin' it peaceful towards the public at the same time. These 'cartels' just don't care however, it's ALL about profit, and who's making the most.

Side-note: I admire how ATODASO pointed out that the 'illegals' aren't here to steal jobs or rip money from the wallet of tax payers. They are just scared to death of the cartels, and I don't blame them.
edit on 7-24-2014 by AnarchistoOfTheNorth because: Added side-note

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join