It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain still exporting arms to Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Cameron has urged the EU to ban military sales to Russia -- accused of equipping and training separatists in eastern Ukraine -- and said Monday Britain had already halted such arms exports.

The government promised in March to stop military sales to Russia.

However the report found 251 licences were still in place for the sale to Russia of controlled goods worth at least £132 million.

The licences allowed exports such as sniper rifles, small arms ammunition, body armour, military communications equipment, night sights, and "equipment employing cryptography", the report said.

Britain still exporting arms to Russia

This is my first post so be easy on me..lol..Not much to say on this just wanted to see how to make a post .Ok if Russia is so bad why keep selling them weapons? I keep a open mind and don't not believe anything til i can prove it.
I do not fall 4 the evil Russia they are just as bad or good as any government.
To be honest i think Russia has acted pretty professional with all the stuff thats been going on. It is all about money and creating wars for profit has being going on 4 ever. And France just sold Russia 2 warships?
Here is a interesting pic that was on yahoo with this article look behind the 1st soldier on the left a trident lol ? 4 the tinfoil hats. Ok can not upload pic a lil black box pops up? any help and any criticism is accepted thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
i dont get why i cant get this pic up..oh well i will try later
edit on 24-7-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

yea i got it dam that was a bit of a pain but im good now....
edit on 24-7-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Did you really think people would stop making money, its just the same old TPTB doing what they do best

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Cameron has urged the EU to ban military sales to Russia

CaMoron urged the EU? The man has no urge to do anything except line his own pockets with the tax made in exports

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Just to be clear because the report you have linked to doesn't make it so, 'Britain' isn't selling any arms to Russia, presumably this report is about a license to export to Russia from firms based in Britain has not been revoked. It doesn't even mention which company is selling them, or the reasons they should stop.

Guys, at the moment we are not at war with Russia and if we have not put sanctions in place to stop trade - what is the issue?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes, this is the usual standard practice for the UK and many other countries.

Doesn't matter who the country is or however shady or tyrannical their leader is they will try and flog them weapons. Oh they will obfuscate and try to down play it, but they do it all the same.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09
Yes, this is the usual standard practice for the UK and many other countries.

Doesn't matter who the country is or however shady or tyrannical their leader is they will try and flog them weapons. Oh they will obfuscate and try to down play it, but they do it all the same.

So, the UK doesn't actually sell any weapons - do you actually understand that? If a company such as BAE sells them then it does it under license, pays its tax and has to honour any sanctions. Is there any proof a sanction has been broken?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Shadow World: Inside the Global Arms Trade

Read this - it's very informative.

top topics

join