Is this the cause of the Recent spat of Air Disasters?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: USExpat
There have been 1212 777's built as of June 2012. NOT 40'000
a reply to: Korg Trinity

I included all variants in my search. My mistake.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

According to Wikipedia Boeing has produced 1,212 777 aircraft since 1993, not 40,000. That number is quite ridiculous to say the least!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The problem with this "hack" is that there is no link between the flight management computer and ACARS. There is no way to externally access the systems that fly the plane. Even if there were, which there isn't, all the pilots would have to do is pull the circuit breaker and the computers are disconnected, and they're back in control.

If they changed the navigation system, to take them off course, then ATC would notice and notify them that they were off course, and give them a correction. Every system that they could take offline has a redundancy in it, or could be removed from the flight control system without creating a hazard.

And older aircraft aren't as dependent on computers, such as the MD-83 that was in today's crash, or the ATR-72 in yesterday's crash.

The simple fact is that planes crash, and accidents come in groups. I don't know why they do, but they do, and you can clearly see if you look back through the history of aviation accidents that they do.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
On Wired this week they talked about a way of hacking your car, hackers could decide where to turn or even decide to push the gas or the brakes

<< 1   >>

join