It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the cause of the Recent spat of Air Disasters?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Three Major events within such a short time is not coincidence. especially when two of the three simply disappeared.

I remember last year reading about an android app that could Hijack planes and thinking, now we know about it we will patch the planes computers.... but I wonder given the recent spat of air disasters this either hasn't happened or we are looking at a new varient of the software.

Here is an article about it.

Security consultant hijacks plane's navigation system with Android app

A security consultant has demonstrated how easy it is to hack a plane's navigation system using a smartphone, to highlight gaping holes in aviation tech security.

While the rest of the world is busily taking off shoes at airport security while looking forward to a time of airborne smartphone use, Hugo Teso of N.runs AG in Germany was developing an Android app to redirect flights at the touch of a button, reports Help Net Security.

Your thoughts?

Korg.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

They are all completely unrelated events. As for the flight out of Algeria , its still too early to jump to conclusions.

My opinion

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
no, I don't think that Android application itself is cause of these recent tragedies, no.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70

They are all completely unrelated events. As for the flight out of Algeria , its still too early to jump to conclusions.

My opinion

The chances of two MH 777 in major incidents within such a short space of time is astronomical. There are 40'000 777 in service around the world... Malaysian airlines have 12.... taking into consideration the enormous value against coincidence on those events and feed in the data of this event equates to a number so against coincidence that it's almost laughable.

Something is going on... we are being kept in the dark about it because I think if we knew the truth.. non of us would choose to fly....

I predict we shall see more and more events over the coming months... then I predict a major terrorist event using a nuclear device on a plane.

Mark my words people.

Korg.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I remember reading about Teso and no, they cannot hijack a plane so (not yet at least):

"The described technique cannot engage or control the aircraft's autopilot system using the FMS or prevent a pilot from overriding the autopilot," the FAA said in a statement following Teso’s demonstration. "Therefore, a hacker cannot obtain 'full control of an aircraft' as the technology consultant has claimed." LINK

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

No.... absolutely not ..

The pilots can still disengage autopilot and manually control the plane in such a case... which doesn't fit with the two Malaysian flights at least.. not enough information about the Algeria flight yet, but I doubt it there too ..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Expect a knock on your door if your public prediction comes true lol

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70

Expect a knock on your door if your public prediction comes true lol

I have nothing to hide, let them knock... I might be able to help them crunch the data though

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

You still think they knock?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Unless you can fire a missle with an android app, These crashes have nothing to do with eachother. ITs very unfortunate, and a bit weird that Mayalsian Airlines has had two 777's, crash. Im sure there are a few ways to hack into an airlines nav systems, but it would take a genius, and you'd have to know a lot more than what is publicly availible

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Consider this me marking your words. Although I'm with the others in that this was three unrelated and unfortunate events. There is no conspiracy here. My post will put this thread on my list so it's marked. Now that it is what do you believe we should expect? Oh wait I see. A nuclear bomb on a stolen plane. Wow that's out there. Now all we need is for you to tell us,who and also where they're getting the nuke from.
Sometimes the odds do seem impossible but in actuality I think your logic is flawed .
edit on AMu31u0773019312014-07-24T08:19:55-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Wrong!

However, they can take full control of cars using wifi - ordinary RF - via the internet and usb.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I wouldn't be so quick at claiming the two Malaysian incidences have nothing to do with each other...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

Yes agreed, he needs to google whispers in the dark, and he will find out what happens when you make predictions on ats that come true. Thats all im gonna say about that incident. Not sure if its all true or not, but it really makes you wonder sometimes.

Peace.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There have been 1212 777's built as of June 2012. NOT 40'000

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sorry, as of 2014...I sometimes forget what year it is....

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
no.
i think the problem rests at the hands of the malaysian air authorities.

After not one but 2 incidents these crackers still conduct business as usual.

they should have been grounded and pounded after the 1st "mis-hap".

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Consider this me marking your words. Although I'm with the others in that this was three unrelated and unfortunate events. There is no conspiracy here. My post will put this thread on my list so it's marked. Now that it is what do you believe we should expect? Oh wait I see. A nuclear bomb on a stolen plane. Wow that's out there. Now all we need is for you to tell us,who and also where they're getting the nuke from.
Sometimes the odds do seem impossible but in actuality I think your logic is flawed .

If I knew the who's and where's I perhaps could stop it from happening. Sadly I don't.

link   
Just because the odds on it happening are massive doesn't mean it didn't the way they said.
Things happen everyday which have staggering odds.

link   

So, how did you app take over a plane that isn't computer controlled?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join