It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TED Talk Controversy: 3 Powerful Talks TED Tried to Censor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Protecting the status quo? Dictating conformity? Why does Ted bring all these people together for these talks, then ban some of them?

TED is a platform for ideas worth spreading. Started in 1984 as a conference where technology, entertainment and design converged, TED today shares ideas from a broad spectrum — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independent TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world.

Tedx.com

"Ideas worth spreading" and seems like some ideas that are not worth spreading. This thread is to enlighten those who have never heard of TED talks or Tedx and a view of 3 ted talks that were banned or not listed on there list of speeches.

On the surface Ted seems like a great idea, but is it just another system of control?

TED is a powerful and paradigm shattering initiative that brands itself with the slogan “Ideas worth spreading.” At this point, we have probably all heard of TED and the short talks given by inspiring people from all around the world to audiences at different conferences. These talks can range in subject and have included science, politics, entrepreneurship, consciousness, cosmology, inventions and more. As TED’s popularity grew, TEDx talks sprung up around the globe which gave a less moderated voice to inspiring people. As a result, TED has been involved in controversy as they chose to censor various talks they deemed worthy of their censorship. The issue is, these talks are of great importance and TED’s decision to censor them reveals their interest in preserving their own brand while not getting in trouble with the ‘big wigs.’ Here are the talks TED felt were ‘Ideas not worth spreading.’

True Actvist

Here is the first video:

Second video:

I'm not posting the third video as it could violate the t&c of ATS but if you wish its easy enough to find and look at and I urge you to see it, but as in most things censorship is yet another way of stifling discussions that should be had... if your concerned about truth that is.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I have watched countless Ted Talks videos and I'd be interested in checking these out but it would help tons if you could provide a summery of each video so readers can decide which video(s) to spend our time on. Thanks in advance.

I'm about half way through the second video and I would recommend it personally. It speaks about science and how it relates to belief systems. He goes on to talk at depth at what he considers the 10 dogmas of science. Thanks for sharing.
edit on 24-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
What is the name of the third? How is it easily find-able if no idea about it?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
What is the name of the third? How is it easily find-able if no idea about it?

Can you click the link provided?

Here it is again:

LINK

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Thanks. I'll check it out after the second one is over.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Ok, first one the gentleman is telling the relation between consumers and business owners. His point is to tax the rich to invest in the middle and lower classes to benefit everyone.

The second is a research scientist talking about the overall flaws in the scientific dogma of the currant times. His point is that the questioning of these dogmas will open up science again and a new scientific age will begin.

I found the both of these videos enlightening, and I have no idea why these would be censored. It's really nothing new, but comes from intellectuals and is very simply put.

Thanks for the videos.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thanks for posting.
Commenting so I can watch later.

Anyone know how to subscribe to posts using the mobile view?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Any challenge to the "established mindset" is always met with opposition as though it were "blasphemy".

I think this is what is beng said in each of these vids. Maybe in different terms, but the theme is the same.
edit on 24-7-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
....if your concerned about truth that is.

"Truth" is subjective.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

To a capitalist vulture, they've won and are entitled. The subjects aren't smart and emotionally mature enough not to be happy they've been plundered and subordinated.

The poor can't handle the truth, so it's just not fair to the rich.

I can't believe I used to buy into all this.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

originally posted by: LDragonFire
....if your concerned about truth that is.

"Truth" is subjective.

Yet not worthy of conversation? Funny how things closer to the truth gets buried, banned.

There are more banned ted talk videos not listed.

Here is another one on money:

Here is some more info about Ted and the controversies.... Warning language!!

edit on 24-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I've seen ‘Rich People Don’t Create Jobs’ by Nick Hanauer when it was not censored yet.
The guy is so right...

top topics

join