It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Dept of Agri Forces Farmer to Dump 248 Gallons of Organic Milk and Break 1200 Free Range Eg

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Power seeking is different then forming a government complete with bureaucracy, laws, edicts, and whatnot.

By the way, what's with the cocky attitude like you are putting me in my place or something? Is that even necessary? The original expression was an off-hand joke anyways. I don't know why you are trying to look too deeply into it...
edit on 24-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What? Unless the MSM doesn't report it, it didn't happen?
This is not the kind of story The Detroit News would be likely to pick up, really.

Don't forget, Michigan is the state that forced the destruction of pigs.
www.theorganicprepper.ca...
I seem to remember that did make the local news in MI.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Apologies, the comment certainly wasn't meant in that manner. It was also meant to come across jokingly, alas a fail on my part.

I would argue, however, that government, with all its attendant laws and bureaucracies, is the epitome of institutionalized power seeking and a means of maintaining said power.

edit on 24-7-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Apologies, the comment certainly wasn't meant in that manner. It was also meant to come across jokingly, alas a fail on my part.

Apology accepted. I know that sarcasm and humor can be hard to relay across the internet so I understand.

I would argue, however, that government, with all its attendant laws and bureaucracies, is the epitome of institutionalized power seeking and a means of maintaining said power.

Yes, I agree, but keep in mind that that statement creates two sub-groups A (government) and B (power seeking) where all of A exists in B, but all of B doesn't exist in A. So just because you can demonstrate that apes have power seeking behavior, isn't enough proof to demonstrate that they also form governments.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

They should have went Clive Bundy on them.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I understand that since the government has gotten involved in protecting the public from food borne illnesses and unsafe ingredients, our overall public health and safety has greatly increased. I also understand by reading your comments that you are an intelligent human being that is trying to put these things into proper perspective. I appreciate that and your extra research to produce the actual reason for this raid. I actually agree with almost everything you have put forward here thus far, however, the ever increasing government corruption in agencies across the board and the obvious connections to big business trumps the original purpose of those agencies until they not only stop protecting us, but actually put us in harm's way just to make a dishonest buck.

If only we could keep the government honest so the system could work properly, but it is getting worse everyday and in every sector. Government and big business is out to make a killing, financially and literally. This is of course all my opinion, so no pictures everyone, sorry.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

What? Unless the MSM doesn't report it, it didn't happen?
This is not the kind of story The Detroit News would be likely to pick up, really.

Don't forget, Michigan is the state that forced the destruction of pigs.
www.theorganicprepper.ca...
I seem to remember that did make the local news in MI.

I've noticed since living in Detroit and now the wilderness of our Great Lakes State, most of the local news outlets, wherever they may be, only report on their local news area to the near total exclusion of other regions. The news reports in the larger metro areas are very "specific" shall I say, about what they will report. In the rural areas, probably due to the lack of volume, they give you almost all the details and reports pretty much everything, including more state wide topics. Larger population area news reports are limited and highly selective in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
After having a local Co-op shut down, because they were considered selling non pasteurized milk, (which, duh, was the point) by having people by shares in the cow, people are getting smarter.
Using the barter system. No money changing hands.

At least until we can get rid of our idiotic government. Or get them to stop taking "bribes" from companies like Dean foods, to enforce this BS.

Not that I know anyone that actually participates in bartering. It's just a rumor around here.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

originally posted by: skunkape23
I would have been tempted to feed them to the hogs and dump the cars in the bayou. This is disgusting. Yet another reason to master intergalactic travel. This is the 'Planet of the Apes.'

Nah.. apes are more intelligent than government minions .. its an insult to the poor apes ..

Very true Apes would not waste food that is good to consume.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
thecompletepatient.com...

The government-sponsored dump of nearly $5,000 of milk, eggs, butter, and cream from Michigan's My Family Co-Op yesterday carried a very clear and powerful political message to all Americans: We control your food and we don’t like you buying your food outside the corporate food system. Every now and then, we are going to remind you of what bad children you are being by taking your food and throwing it in the garbage. In fact, we are going to do more than remind you, we are going to completely humiliate you by preventing you from even feeding it to farm animals and instead forcing it to be disposed of in a landfill or dumpster.

Believe what you want. However it seems to me in a Co-op the members would want to insure their produce did not poison their membership.

Thousands of pounds of government regulated beef or produce are recalled every year because people getting sick and poisoned.

Maybe it happens with the Co-ops and I do know unpasteurized milk can cause some serious problems if not handled properly.. But I do not remember free range eggs killing anyone in spite of no government oversight..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yes and remember small or family owned business rely on things like return customers so it is in the best interest to sell a good product and being friendly unlike big chains stores. and you avatar cracks me up every time i see that cat leaps out the window, ..lol

edit on 24-7-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I would bet..but don't know for certian that those recals came from giant industrialized producers, all about #s and profit..not about healthy or the word "care" come into play. And the care part is for the animals and the product.
One of the largest Dairys here just had some problems due to abuse of the animals..not discovered by regulation nor inspection but by workers who gave a # and turned them in.

edit on 24-7-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

That's just sad, I love me some of them organic milk. Though around here I know of no place around here, however my mom buys it from somewhere, it comes in those glass jugs which you would of seen some generations ago when the milk man would go door to door and deliver milk, I asked her where she gets it and she said its some sort of small international store were they sell all kinds of foods, both local, and meats and other goods from places like eastern Europe or Asia. The stuff is really good, and you can taste the difference between that milk and any other type you would buy at your local convenience store.

What do I think about this whole thing? Its stupid, now a days you need a license to get a license and you taxed on the taxes. However most people are not that stupid, generally you can taste what is good for you and what isn't, if you need somebody to tell you what is good for you, well your lost already. And really all of these agencies out to protect our health are more or less interested in keeping the status que running and satisfying there constituency ie big corporations and there interests, its were they get there funding from just as much as from the tax dollars.

And generally there interests is eliminating competition before it takes root. Most laws out there are just fancy ways of achieving that, and really these small co-op are the enemy because any group or even town can get in and it works, in fact its how its been done for ages and ages, long before our current model, so ya on a local scene, town by town, they would effectively eliminate the need for much of the mass produced processed goods that are out there today. And that in the eyes of your corporate masters is a no no.

They must have some nutty laws and regulations out there in Michigan if your not allowed to grow your own food without consent, the laws on licensees must be pretty nutty as well. Like I said its all stupid, and you are definitely not living in the land of the free if your not even allowed to grow your own food, which these people did, and it seems the majority of it was just going to them and those who co-opted for the whole thing. Its all just pointless, corporate cronyism at its best it seems like.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

That's just sad, I love me some of them organic milk. Though around here I know of no place around here, however my mom buys it from somewhere, it comes in those glass jugs which you would of seen some generations ago when the milk man would go door to door and deliver milk, I asked her where she gets it and she said its some sort of small international store were they sell all kinds of foods, both local, and meats and other goods from places like eastern Europe or Asia. The stuff is really good, and you can taste the difference between that milk and any other type you would buy at your local convenience store.

What do I think about this whole thing? Its stupid, now a days you need a license to get a license and you taxed on the taxes. However most people are not that stupid, generally you can taste what is good for you and what isn't, if you need somebody to tell you what is good for you, well your lost already. And really all of these agencies out to protect our health are more or less interested in keeping the status que running and satisfying there constituency ie big corporations and there interests, its were they get there funding from just as much as from the tax dollars.

And generally there interests is eliminating competition before it takes root. Most laws out there are just fancy ways of achieving that, and really these small co-op are the enemy because any group or even town can get in and it works, in fact its how its been done for ages and ages, long before our current model, so ya on a local scene, town by town, they would effectively eliminate the need for much of the mass produced processed goods that are out there today. And that in the eyes of your corporate masters is a no no.

They must have some nutty laws and regulations out there in Michigan if your not allowed to grow your own food without consent, the laws on licensees must be pretty nutty as well. Like I said its all stupid, and you are definitely not living in the land of the free if your not even allowed to grow your own food, which these people did, and it seems the majority of it was just going to them and those who co-opted for the whole thing. Its all just pointless, corporate cronyism at its best it seems like.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: smarterthanyou
I dont see how this is an issue to anybody. OK some group of people co-opted into a small farm, there getting food out of it. All of which none of us here on this site would ever be troubled by even if there were hundreds of thousands of these groups or even if they were running and operating in our own back yards. Really it boggles the mind how some people automatically assume that they will somehow be effected by this, when they are never likely to ever receive any of the goods, much less even know that such groups exist if it were not for some story some guy wrote on the internet.

And considering that when I was young I remember literally drinking from the bucket of milk which my grandfather just milked a cow. I mean I dont know what to say, I suppose everybody has there thing and people are allergic to many things i myself am allergic to penicillin. But if your getting sick from it, then well dont do it, its just as simple as that. Also last I heard its a semi free country, so even if these people get sick from the products they ingest which they have spent time and money on, well its withing there right to do so.

Also I would like to know what exactly some of these people apposed to this are eating and putting into there system to make them so sensitive that they treat it as a matter of life and death every time some random people drink unpasteurized milk or are planing on doing said horrible crime, that way I can avoid it and the products they eat least I become the same way and get the same physical symptoms. No offense but this # is just bizarre on many levels. This is such a non issue its mind boggling that its even an issue to people.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oakland Press article:

Here is the article from the Oakland Press. Keep in mind a few things.

1. The regulations were put into place for safety purposes. The transportation of the food goods were not held to a proper temperature. There was no labeling on the products. That is why it was destroyed. They meet those simple standards and there would be no issue. Instead they tried to be slick and create a loophole in the system. Frankly, it is a safety issue. Unfortunately, people forget exactly why these procedures were put into place.

2. Michigan is the only state that has lost it's bovine tuberculousis free designation. The area that was primarily impacted includes Standish, where this product was shipped from. The reason Bovine tuberculousis is not a threat to our population is because of pasteurization. Combine the fact that there is already an issue with the re-emergence of BT and non-pasteurized milk coming from that region is a serious health issue aside from the regulatory ones.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

Yes and while all that may have some truth. Who exactly is going to be ingesting and eating or was going to consuming all of that which was dumped and wasted. Is it you? Am I going to? Does the fact that some people co-opted put in there time and money to this endeavor have anything to do with anybody on this thread? Or how about anybody in that town besides the people who co-opted for it? Are you going to go out and buy meat or eggs or milk from these people? I think it was primarily for there consumption, in fact it was the whole point of it.

So really what is the issue here, these guys are not some huge conglomerate whose product would ever reach your shelf's or mine or anybody on this thread or site. In all they should definitely sue, after all all of that cost money, and to have some people come in there and trash it all because they say there helping people is quite faulty, in fact considering none of us would have heard of this even if not for this thread. I would say its all complete bull.

So what because the milk was not held at proper temperatures they have to dump the whole thing?

Um Ya OK dude! I think I will treat you as a troll or some kid trolling the internet. Nice try but isn't it past your bed time?

OK just messing, but not really sure if your serious?

So OK in 13 years according that article some two thousand got sick some hundreds were hospitalized and two people died sounds bad no doubt. But then again! Hey since were banning such things why dont we ban processed meats as well, according to this link one in thirty people will die early because of eating processed meats, and it also says that limiting eating it would prevent about 3,000 early death each year and that is only in Britain.

WOW that's amazing, who knew eating proceeded meat could kill you. Why I even heard that 3,000 die each year due to chocking related reasons, half of which is due to chocking to death on peanuts or peanut butter, obviously the next step is to ban peanuts and peanut butter, seems much more of a hazard then the 2 people that died because they drank unpasteurized milk. What we really need is to put a commity together to burn all those peanuts, give them the rank and badge to go in to people homes and confiscate there peanut butter and dump it. All for there own good off course.

No offense dude but even if what the article says is true, which even with all those people who got sick and the two that died, well as you can see its more likely that you or the average person will die chocking on a penut or because you that your life will be shortened because you ate processed meat then it is that you will ever go to your supermarket and somehow end up drinking unpasteurized milk from a co-op in some states away. If anything this seems to be more about the fact that they tried to circumvent the whole license thing. And considering that's licenses are a big business in and itself, it becomes clear what this is about more or less.

I said it before they should just get the dam license and nobody would care about this at all, and it would not be on the news, or on this site or thread. Its a non issue.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join