It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Dept of Agri Forces Farmer to Dump 248 Gallons of Organic Milk and Break 1200 Free Range Eg

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If you buy shares in a cow or farm, it is perfectly legal to distribute the food to the members. If they start messing with that, they have to ban all potlucks in churches and social functions. Our governor passed legislation so that people can sell Jam and other stuff at farmer markets and can sell cookies and breads if they are clearly labeled that they were not made in a place that was inspected by the FDA. This was a good move for society. An area being self supportive is also a good idea, this action was not in the best interest of the people of the state of Michigan.

I think that the Department of Agriculture should be held accountable and they should owe the shareholders ten times the value of the product. I also think they should be banned from making any decisions on this without the direct authorization of the governor and the legislature.

This was not an act by the governmental body involved that was in the best interest of the citizens of our state, heads should roll.

If our governor doesn't respond appropriately to this, maybe he should be removed from office, as he is not good for the people of Michigan. If some people want to drink processed milk, they should have a choice, same with eating eggs of their choice. I have studied both of these quite well, most people are not even effected by the Lysteria bacteria, and ninety nine point nine percent of fresh eggs can't host bacteria because of the albumin in the white and the barriors in the membrane under the shell. Now, eggs from a commercial grower are not necessarily any safer than the store bought egg, the chicken leaves an antibacterial coating on the egg that is washed off during processing. This coating protects the egg as well as the chemicals used to wash the store eggs most times.
edit on 24-7-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Thank you.

Clearly, the "Co-op" was doing something illegal. They don't have a license to sell food, yet they've been selling it over the internet for 2 years?

Look, I'm all for the co-op lifestyle. We actively support our local co-op. But you can't just start a dairy and start selling food to people without the proper licenses and safety practices in place. Dairies are one of the dirtiest farms there are.

I'm not at all convinced that this is the outrage that's being represented.

But since the anti-government sentiment is so high around here, feel free to be outraged, with or without valid reason. It's the ATS thing to do...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Thank you.

Clearly, the "Co-op" was doing something illegal. They don't have a license to sell food, yet they've been selling it over the internet for 2 years?

Look, I'm all for the co-op lifestyle. We actively support our local co-op. But you can't just start a dairy and start selling food to people without the proper licenses and safety practices in place. Dairies are one of the dirtiest farms there are.

I'm not at all convinced that this is the outrage that's being represented.

But since the anti-government sentiment is so high around here, feel free to be outraged, with or without valid reason. It's the ATS thing to do...

Where in THAT article did it state ANYTHING close to what you are trying to state in your above quote???? WHERE?

From the article this is about the ONLY explanation of a law being violated.....

There were all kinds of other ways for the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development to have handled any problems they saw with My Family Co-Op. They could have warned Jenny Samuelson, the co-op’s owner that she was possibly violating a 2013 policy statement on herdshares. They could have given her a citation, listed the charges against her, held a hearing where she and the owners of the food could have attempted to answer the charges, and then levied a fine if she was found to be in violation. (Actually, the fine and such can still happen, since the seizure order placed on the food last week carries possible penalties, at the MDARD’s discretion.)

Do you work for or are affiliated with the government? Or have you just been conditioned to condemn those whom question it?

Odd how you support a woman's right to choose but you don't support their right to choose what food they ingest.

edit on 24-7-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Where in THAT article did it state ANYTHING close to what you are trying to state in your above quote???? WHERE?

Right here: Video

Here the MDARD inspector seems to indicate that My Family Co-Op's problem was that it was selling food via the Internet. When told this has been going on for at least two years, he backs off, doesn't want to discuss.

Source

Do you work for or are affiliated with the government? Or have you just been conditioned to condemn those whom question it?

None of the above. I just want the TRUTH, not some over dramatic and exaggerated version of the events.

Odd how you support a woman's right to choose but you don't support their right to choose what food they ingest.

I absolutely support a person's right to choose the food they ingest. But when I buy food from my local co-op, I want assurances that it meets some standard. I don't want it to kill me.
edit on 7/24/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
look here is a few you support this type of acts against farmes.www.farmtoconsumer.org...
grist.org...
farmfoodfreedom.org...
www.dailykos.com...

need i post more or just search dept of agriculture raids...Yes i am anti government when they try to force me to live the way they want....I will have no man/corporation/government tell me how to live.I will not be a good little slave sorry.
and do you know what a permit really is it is permission i do not need permission from any government agency.
www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I absolutely support a person's right to choose the food they ingest. But when I buy food from my local co-op, I want assurances that it meets some standard. I don't want it to kill me.

Obviously that wasn't/isn't an issue with this co-op being that the people using it trusted them!? Don't you think people should have a right to eat what they want? After all, it IS their bodies, and it should be their choice as to what they feed themselves?

So I guess in your eyes, your okay with the government telling you what is safe to eat and what is not?

There are many recent events of government goon squads shutting down organic food movements where people are buying their food from a source NOT APPROVED, by the government. That does NOT mean that the food is not SAFE for consumption.

I live in PA and watched as a state ag goon tried to shut down and Amish girl whom was selling baked goods at a farmers market last year. That is until myself and someone else told him to back off! Then due to a crowd forming, he took his sorry $%^ off the premises.

There are too many example of these things happening across the country. Shame on you for sticking up for them!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
I will have no man/corporation/government tell me how to live.

Sorry. You live in a society with other people. You cannot live in that society without following the rules of that society.

If this "co-op" was selling food products that were not regulated in any way, they're taking a huge risk of poisoning or killing people. In THIS society, you're not allowed to do that. And I, for one, am glad that such standards and practices are in place.

When I go into a store and pick up some milk, I want to be sure I know it's not full of dangerous bacteria (Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria) that are going to harm me and my family.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I wish that they would have stalled these people long enough to get the local news on the case.
The public outcry would be very beneficial to supporters of the farm/co-op.
Imagine on the 8 oclock news, video of government officials, breaking eggs and forcing the destruction of milk.
That would have been the best action, i think.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
one has nothing to do with the other. Society does not force me to do things at gunpoint. I live my life the way i choose too. society IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT..so do not buy from there thats your right just like its my right to buy from there . i support small business as much as possible and not from corporate America.You think because its government approved its safe. Ever hear of the big chains repacking expired food for resale with new dates on them? think about that next time u go to wally word. as public enemy use to say don't believe the hype....

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
blogs.reuters.com...

I know you will say its in china but some of these are American owned ..and if you think it does not happen here i think you may be not paying attention..bottom line it is about profit..not your health or wellbeing..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
When I go into a store and pick up some milk, I want to be sure I know it's not full of dangerous bacteria (Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria) that are going to harm me and my family.

I guess the jokes on you then because even with inspectors and inspections and double and triple and quadruple checks you can never be sure of or know anything.

The FDA is not unlike the TSA in that it is all theater.

Otherwise recalls wouldnt be a thing.

The current system simply ensure punishment after the fact just like law enforcement. There is no conceivable way to ensure your food is always safe all the time.

If it makes you feel better to know that after you get sick or die the feds will levy a token fine on the food producer then more power to you. Just don't go around saying things like sure and know because you arent and you dont. Nobody is or does. That's reality.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
You think because its government approved its safe.

No, I don't. I don't buy any GMO products, for example.

You don't like government regulation? You use electricity? Government-regulated. You drive a vehicle? Government-regulated. Ever use the police or fire dept? Government-regulated. You drive on roads? Government-regulated. Visit any national parks? Government-regulated.

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
I guess the jokes on you then because even with inspectors and inspections and double and triple and quadruple checks you can never be sure of or know anything.

You're right. Bad choice of words (it does happen). I want to know that the food I buy is regulated by someone and isn't just coming to the market straight from an unregulated farm. And that includes my local co-op.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
No i will never call the cops.I am a big boy and can take care of my self they respond after the crime.I never said no government. They have a part to play like making sure the power grid is not going to fail from say a solar flair but they still have not fixed that problem yet. They need to worry about infrastructure such as bridges roads ect. Government is not to tell how to live what i can eat what i can buy ect. Also WE THE PEOPLE are the ones in charge not government they 4 get they work for us...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In the most comprehensive (but one-sided) article on this story, it says:

If you think I am exaggerating the intent of what is going on here, ask yourself this question: When was the last time you saw government agents seize and condemn food from a place like Foster Farms ...

Foster Farms Chicken Recall

And these foods/sellers are regulated, unlike the co-op in the OP.

Make no mistake, I do NOT support the FDA. Having a food sensitivity (as both I and my husband do) we have to be extremely careful of what is in our food, because the FDA allows a certain amount of gluten (for example) to be in a product without including it on the label. I actually don't depend on the government to tell me what is safe to eat. I educate myself and make my choices accordingly. Just because I see behind this story, does not mean I'm a government agent, support government interference or support the "regulation" they put on food.

But in the absence of any other organization setting standards and inspecting the food we eat, the FDA is going to have to do for now. MOST of what they do is fine with me. The rest is up to me. That is why I do shop at the local co-op and buy organic whole foods as much as possible and spend half my time shopping and preparing our food as opposed to eating at Taco Bell or buying prepared foods.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This is very important to note. There are a great many people that are currently raising their own chickens, cows, goats, and pigs to feed their own families, and some of their neighbors, coworkers and friends as well. To see government mandated destruction of foodstuffs in times like this is disgusting and apalling as well as quite sad.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am seeing a lot of back and forth about government overreach and what not. The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of Americans demand regulatory agencies such as the FDA, EPA, etc. This is never going to change. If you wish to live in a modern society, then this is simply something you must accept. If you find is so unacceptable, then you really only have one option...move. Go find a place where you and like minded people can share unregulated diary & produce. Some place where you can trash the air, land and water until your heart is content. Some place where there is no law. Until then, accept that you do not currently live in your unregulated utopia and quit whining about it. I swear, every effing little thing is an outrage to y'all. Your outrage, feigned or not, is unbecoming; it's a turn off to most people....it's a fantastic way to not win friends & influence people.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yes i did move from Nazi NJ to PA. Again never said no regulations but raiding farms with swat is beyond overkill. I can care less about making friends on a forum. I am about finding truth and that upsets some so be it.A claim and docile public is easy to control.It takes people to take a stand and go against the status quo. Never say never my friend a lot of people felt the way against the British but 3 percent changed that....

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Making some big leaps there.

What's wrong with having the option? Sure, if people are being deceived then send in SWAT and kill all the chickens and cows.

Something inherently wrong with a carton of eggs that says "Warning: Not FDA inspected"?

There's a whole lot daylight between "No, you cant!" and "move to Somalia."

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Expat888

originally posted by: skunkape23
I would have been tempted to feed them to the hogs and dump the cars in the bayou. This is disgusting. Yet another reason to master intergalactic travel. This is the 'Planet of the Apes.'

Nah.. apes are more intelligent than government minions .. its an insult to the poor apes ..

Exactly, apes don't form governments.

au contrer...

The disposition to seek power in a social arena is tied in this research to a biochemical marker, whole blood serotonin. This finding constitutes the first systematic evidence of any biochemical property in humans which differentiates power seekers from others. The disposition itself is given empirical content with the use of measures of three components of the Type A behavior pattern--aggressiveness, competitiveness, and drive--and of distrust and self-confidence. The statistical fit with serotonin is very good. This discovery echoes similar findings in a species of subhuman primates.
emphasis mine

A Biochemical Property Relating to Power Seeking in Humans

So "political animals" such as the Clintons, Bushes, 0bamas, Reids, Pelosis, Gingrichs, et al are merely allowing themselves to succumb to their baser natures and subhuman behaviors.

Science biotch.
edit on 24-7-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join