It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacklisted: The Secret Government Rulebook For Labeling You a Terrorist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

The Obama administration has quietly approved a substantial expansion of the terrorist watchlist system, authorizing a secret process that requires neither “concrete facts” nor “irrefutable evidence” to designate an American or foreigner as a terrorist, according to a key government document obtained by The Intercept.

The “March 2013 Watchlisting Guidance,” a 166-page document issued last year by the National Counterterrorism Center, spells out the government’s secret rules for putting individuals on its main terrorist database, as well as the no fly list and the selectee list, which triggers enhanced screening at airports and border crossings. The new guidelines allow individuals to be designated as representatives of terror organizations

Blacklisted: The Secret Government Rulebook For Labeling You a Terrorist

Now the guidelines for getting on the No Fly list are leaked, through the Intercept... Reason.com states that this document concludes getting on this Watchlist is "a secret process that requires neither “concrete facts” nor “irrefutable evidence” to designate an American or foreigner as a terrorist" ....
** "allow individuals to be designated as representatives of terror organizations without any evidence"
** "gives a single White House official the unilateral authority to place “entire categories” of people the government is tracking onto the no fly and selectee lists"
** "broadens the authority of government officials to “nominate” people to the watchlists based on what is vaguely described as “fragmentary information.” "
** Your dead great grand ma can now be put on the list...

This substantial widening of the Watch List makes it that virtually anyone can be added, but you guessed it, it is near impossible to be ever taken off... even if there was a mistake or personal vendetta of an official....

This leak came out with good timing as a law suit claims that over 1.5 million are now on this list.. and growing...
www.mintpressnews.com...

Actual Guidelines :
firstlook.org...

edit on 24-7-2014 by R_Clark because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark

I particularly like this section where even the minimal standard can't be met:

There are a number of loopholes for putting people onto the watchlists even if reasonable suspicion cannot be met.

One is clearly defined: The immediate family of suspected terrorists—their spouses, children, parents, or siblings—may be watchlisted without any suspicion that they themselves are engaged in terrorist activity. But another loophole is quite broad—”associates” who have a defined relationship with a suspected terrorist, but whose involvement in terrorist activity is not known. A third loophole is broader still—individuals with “a possible nexus” to terrorism, but for whom there is not enough “derogatory information” to meet the reasonable suspicion standard.

And the consequences are very sobering:

The fallout is personal too. There are severe consequences for people unfairly labeled a terrorist by the U.S. government, which shares its watchlist data with local law enforcement, foreign governments, and “private entities.” Once the U.S. government secretly labels you a terrorist or terrorist suspect, other institutions tend to treat you as one. It can become difficult to get a job (or simply to stay out of jail). It can become burdensome—or impossible—to travel. And routine encounters with law enforcement can turn into ordeals.

Is this country even recognizable anymore?

edit on 24-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
yikes....so the thought police have arrived and are gearing up for war...i assume then these lists will start with anyone living off the grid and expand

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
who knows... maybe they will watchlist you for starting this thread...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SUBKONCIOUS

originally posted by: SUBKONCIOUS

Given the minimal standards required to get on the list, I think simple ATS membership already get's you into the club.

At some point, wouldn't it make more sense to just have a list of the "safe" citizens? Based upon the direction this is going, it might be the shorter list and would save a whole lot of paper.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Wait.. Isn't thought-crime just a crazy thing out of some ancient novel?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Given the minimal standards required to get on the list, I think simple ATS membership already get's you into the club.

What about the ...

58 Percent Say Obama Administration Incompetent At Managing Government

"ATS membership" + 193 Million

edit on 24-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

What about the ...

58 Percent Say Obama Administration Incompetent At Managing Government

In 6000 recorded years of human governance, no ruling authority has ever been incompetent where the abuse of power is concerned.

This administration has been no exception.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

What about the %42 of the people that felt %100 of them had no voice?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
Wait.. Isn't thought-crime just a crazy thing out of some ancient novel?

it was written as science fiction....these days who knows...fiction and fact are getting closer and closer togethor

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'd say it's more foresight than anything. George Orwell was 20 moves ahead of us.
He may not have predicted the dates, but he sure as hell new what was to come.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Basically boys and girls if your alive and conscious your on the list ..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I'll say this much, if the offer is right I WILL sell most other people out for a better seat in the New World Order. To be brutally honest this is why I've never voted and its why I tend to dislike so many of my neighboring citizens.

Good luck America, you did it to yourselves.

A big thanks should also be given to the Dems/Reps for playing their parts so well and getting those votes. Nothing like manipulating your constituents with hype, rhetoric and propaganda to keep them foaming at the mouth over petty differences and subjective moral views.

Hey I know! Let's have another endless ranting argument about Obamacare or Welfare recipients, and let's throw in a little "They coming for our guns!" Bitching while we are at it...

Ps. America was built by terrorists...remind them we love terrorists.
Don't believe me?
Two words.

Star Wars.
edit on 24-7-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: rockintitz

Good luck America, you did it to yourselves.

A big thanks should also be given to the Dems/Reps for playing their parts so well and getting those votes. Nothing like manipulating your constituents with hype, rhetoric and propaganda to keep them foaming at the mouth over petty differences and subjective moral views.

Hey I know! Let's have another endless ranting argument about Obamacare or Welfare recipients, and let's throw in a little "They coming for our guns!" Bitching while we are at it...

This is a perfect short and concise description of the problem.

(I didn't agree with your first paragraph, I love my neighbors even though I shake my head very often)

Otherwise right on, right on

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Just sayin'
Lol. Nice one and true

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Time we the people make a list every member of government who has done or voted to something unconstitutional needs to be tried 4 treason and if guilty well get the rope and a big oak tree and serve justice .Ever hear the saying our forefathers would of been shooting by now...I will take being on any list as a badge of honor..FTG

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I remember when I was a child, being taught the difference between the United States of America and the Soviet Union.

One of the big differences, I was told, was that here in America, we could say bad things about our government, but in the Soviet Union, you could be arrested and jailed for that.

Seems like we are about to lose that very basic freedom.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
r u on the fringe?

Speakers rotated throughout the forum Saturday at Pony Village Mall, touching on land use, Coos County Home Rule Charter 2014, Common Core State Standards and more.

It drew familiar faces. They’re the people who come to nearly every public meeting — and speak up.

They’re “the fringe.”

That’s how those in power define this crowd, said Coos County Watchdog founder and Bandon resident Rob Taylor.

Most recently, people will recognize him as the person speaking out against the commissioners’ handling of the mosquito problems at Bandon Marsh.

County commissioners meetings have a group of “regulars,” citizens who air their concerns every single time, which are entered into the record. That’s why vocal LNG opponent Jody McCaffree and Simpson Heights residents were disgusted by the city of North Bend’s meeting last week regarding the proposed Jordan Cove Energy Project workforce housing camp.

It was informational only, so the public’s comments were not recorded anywhere.

“This is not a meeting where we get to present our issues,” McCaffree said prior to the meeting during a protest outside the North Bend Community Center. “In a hearing, it goes on the record and they’re held to it.”

McCaffree has battled the eye rolls for the last decade, showing up at every public meeting regarding Jordan Cove she can find.

This is how meetings like Saturday’s Patriots Gathering get started, Taylor said. They attract a wide variety of people, from Oath Keepers Southern Oregon Coordinator Tom McKirgan to Lynn Mystic-Healer, a frequent local protester of LNG and other environmental issues. Booths lined the walls with pamphlets describing their causes.

They also don’t come from identical political backgrounds. They’re Republicans, Libertarians, “reformed yellow dog Democrats,” etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I remember when I was a child, being taught the difference between the United States of America and the Soviet Union.

One of the big differences, I was told, was that here in America, we could say bad things about our government, but in the Soviet Union, you could be arrested and jailed for that.

Seems like we are about to lose that very basic freedom.

Yep how the times have changed and not for the better..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

At some point, wouldn't it make more sense to just have a list of the "safe" citizens? Based upon the direction this is going, it might be the shorter list and would save a whole lot of paper.

Just sayin'

Yep, yep and yep. Plus, will save time in implementing Eugenics policies, no Lottery required.

S&
for you.

F&S&
for R_Clark

top topics

<<   2 >>

join