It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love is the key...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Love is the key to the universal creative force and understanding compassion.

It's the key to changing the world.

The key to destroying the ego.

It's the fundamental key we need in order to go to the next stage of evolution.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Where would be we without a sense of self?

That doesn't sound sane, or possible for a human being.

Guess that's what love does to us?

Makes us insane animals . . .

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Where would be we without a sense of self?

That doesn't sound sane, or possible for a human being.

Guess that's what love does to us?

Makes us insane animals . . .

Well, seeing through the self and losing that sense is basically the goal in most eastern traditions, and western mystical traditions. You say It makes you an insane animal. But the idea is that there is something divine that animal's have that we have lost. We lost it WITH the evolutionary leap forward that gave us critical thinking and a sense of self, but we also lost this natural blissful state of un-divided Being. There was a purpose in it, but the idea is to re-gain what we lost, only the experiences gained bring us into a higher spiritual state, beyond thoughtless animals or humans without presence. This is the idea of the 'prodigal son,' we are lost, but the being lost makes the return better.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
One age old question...

Tell me how you know when you are feeling love?
edit on 23-7-2014 by GetOutOfMyLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Love is an emotion that can also create hate. Balance is the true key.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Love is strong but hate is even stronger.Hate also lasts longer and makes us sane individuals, weary of others who may not be capable of being liked or loved.

Love leads to war by the way.
edit on 23/7/14 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yes it does sound like some sort of communist plot to destroy individualism but they say that when we remove our individual self we see our self in all and all in the self. We still have our self but its not restricted to our body.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Chaos and diversity is the key to the universal creative force, the understanding you speak of is rooted in everyone simply tuning into the same channel (any channel).

Aim to become empty? Aim to become nothingness? (elimination of self) # that, become yourself and feel sorry for the guy who went looking and found nothing.

I think the key is being however you feel like being… What changes things (on a grand scale) is when everyone simply adopts a way (any way). When you say everyone gives into some universal idea of love… what you're losing yourself to is the idea of everyone being the same way… and the reason it has some great illusion of being a powerful changer is because if everyone is the same, everyone changes the same way. This method works for any way though… if we all give over to hate… change, if we all give over to fear… change…, if we all give over to apathy… yes even apathy… change. I say # everyone giving over to any one thing save for maybe consideration but that's more of a garnish to existence than anything else. Losing self an evolution? It sounds like the equivalent of a lobotomy of human potential to be anything or the application of terrible deadening effects of entropy on the human spirit.

I'm a big fan of love but humans are too complex for these one stop/one size fits all answers to existence (and there is beauty in that).
edit on 24-7-2014 by Strayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Let's break this down:

SuperEgo
Ego
Id

The superego is where we have our conscience.. our human ideals, ethical rights...
The ego is just our sense of self. Nothing inherently right or wrong about it.
The Id is where we connect to our base/primal instincts, and unconscious desires

Ain't no evil in any of it. The problem is when we don't see ourselves (ego) as we really are (a combination of Id + superego (instinct + culture))

Love is some sort of altered state that has all three aspects of psyche being expressed. There's unconscious forces, a sense of self, and cultural/romantic ideals.

I just don't like it when people speak of the "ego" in a way that doesn't make any sense in western culture. Our sense of self is not an issue, in and of itself. If anything, it's a warped superego, else high casting Id.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
In no way I pretend to 'know it all'. Bare in mind that English is my second language. Feel free to ask anything if it's not clear

Yes, flattening (I still don't know if it's doable or even necessary to 'kill' it) the ego is one strong key. For me it's the fastest way to inner knowledge; it ease my acceptation of thruth, from wherever it comes. As to love, we must make a big distinction from actual love and emotional dependency. For me, love is that light well being from Inside that shift my relation with the world. When I reach that 'well being', I see everything differently. It's like everything is alive, shining, and part of me...very hard to explain. But I know when this grows on me: I feel lighter and a peacefull feeling come from inside, with compassion and comtemplation.

Oh and BTW I don't feel special or gifted...we're all one and the same. Just at different stage of life/progression/maturation/evolution in many many ways.

Peace

Jeff

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Very good points, thanks for explaining it in greater detail.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Love is the one thing I can point at and use as a binary determination factor for whether somebody is "good" or "evil". A person who consistently acts out of hate and fear is "evil" to me while a person who acts out of love (real, heartfelt desire for altruism, not some religious definition of love) is "good".

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Love is the only thing of value in the universe.

I can have a million dollars, but if I hate life and living, then the million dollars means nothing. I can hate the same rich as I can poor.

With love, the abstratness and meaninglessness of the world doesn't matter. When you give up trying to find meaning (as there is none), and choose to accept how the world is and love it, you realize that that was the answer and meaning you were looking for. Love is its own meaning.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Viking9019

Love leads to war by the way.
Not if you're doing it right.

Also the others you speak of,

who may not be capable of being liked or loved.

They are the ones who need to be loved most.

The ideal is to love others as they are, where they are; minus the judgement. Judgement divides and is the true cause of wars and of hate in this world.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

love is that light well being from Inside that shift my relation with the world. When I reach that 'well being', I see everything differently. It's like everything is alive, shining, and part of me...

I think you've explained it most beautifully here.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Accepted logic op, and thanks

LOVE is the way for
without it would be no care
Assisting Creations developments
the more "WE" become AWARE

With the ability to bring PEACE
for having compassion for another
LOVE helps us recognize in CREATION
were ALL* Sisters & Brothers

The more LOVE that shared
the stronger we ALL* become
Causing hatred to lose its grasp
as the WHOLE* unites as "1"

With LOVE the WHOLE* unites
in LACK of ignorance so won't be undone
Causing Hatred to become more scarce
upon recognition of the LOVE of ALL* -"1"

LOVE traveling within the conduit of LIGHT for ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

We have been taught this principle for thousands of years. How come it hasn't worked yet?

It seems mostly an excuse to write poetry, rather than any key.

edit on 24-7-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Well my friend, if you do undergo ego-death, make sure you're in a specialized environment that can accomodate you, like a monestery or a cabin in the woods or an institute such as Esalen. You would find it's a bit difficult to hold down a job when you're acting from the center of your being instead of acting from the ego.

So then you would need to ressurect your ego, if you want to function in society. Of course it would not be quite the same ego it was before.

edit on 682ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoJuluThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have always had a very hard time understanding the concept of universal love.

I will often times hear that love is what powers the universe.
That we are love at our cores and that spirit operates on this principal.

I kind of feel left out I guess what it comes to this, as it has never been my experience and looking at the world, it doesn't seem to be the world's experience either.

So I get frustrated with this concept.

I understand love, and unconditional love, but that just doesn't seem to be what I experience with the universe.

I just don't get it. If that is what we are and are meant to be, why does it not seem to be a part of the experience, at least for me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join