It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time lurker finally with something strange to post!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm a long, long time lurker on these forums and have just now had a reason to post. I'm from the Appalachia area of Kentucky and we've had some mysterious visitors, not only here, but apparently all over the state and other states as well. I'm hoping to make a more substantial post later if time allows, but in short, at least 3 or 4 mysterious women dressed in all black are just, well, walking. Some people say they are prophets from God, protesting the Israel/Gaza war, some say angels, others just say drifters but most of us are just unsure. They haven't broken any laws or been disruptive at all, and I mean no disrespect to them in any way. I'm just curious as to A.) what is their mission? and B.) Have any of you had any sightings of these women or have any theories?

As I'm new this is the only place I could post this, but if needs to be moved, please do so. Here are a few of the links I could find on the women, there are more out there. I look forward to any opinions on this! Thanks in advance.

From West Virginia-
www.wate.com...

From Tennessee-
www.rheaheraldnews.com...

A Facebook group from Kentucky-
www.facebook.com...

And a YouTube video from one of the women in Virginia about an hour from my location. She seems to be preaching something in the video, maybe some of you can make out what she is trying to say?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Welcome and have your first flag on me! Wise Co. is not far from me and I have never heard of this before now. I thank you for the links and will definitely be looking them over as it seems to be occurring pretty close to home.

Find a seat with the rest of us and enjoy your ride on the ATS train!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe I appreciate it! As I'm sure you know being from the area, we don't get that many exciting things going on around here, so this definitely caught my attention. Thanks for the welcome!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Weatherman32
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe I appreciate it! As I'm sure you know being from the area, we don't get that many exciting things going on around here, so this definitely caught my attention. Thanks for the welcome!

You're welcome and you're right... I live in VA. and not a lot of interesting things happen around here if you forget that DC is here. Even then, most of that is shameful rather than interesting.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
err...aren't they just shopping?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Weatherman32
I'm not going to lie, my family had a commune in Kentucky for a while, until they got tired of it.
I suspect it's another batch of commune in your area.
It's a great place to run away.

We didn't wear all black, we wore regular clothes and lived in tents, but this new commune might be different.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy the conversations.

I have no clue why this obviously religious woman is walking around that area. According to the article, she was debating religion with someone.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Welcome. I'm from Hazard myself.
I've seen stranger things there, than anywhere I've ever lived.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm from Letcher County myself, so I frequently visit Hazard. And I agree with you, I've seen much stranger things here, all you have to do is go to Wal-Mart, but this is something a lot of people around me are talking about. Personally, I think it may have something to do with some sort of pilgrimage for Ramadana which is about to come to an end. Anyhow, thanks for the warm welcomes! reply to: DAVID64

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The woman in the video is talking a lot about Jesus, but the audio quality and background noise makes it hard to get a sound bite long enough to glean what the message is she is preaching about.

If she is in other video's /locations it would be interesting to at least understand what her story is.

Nice first post.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Welcome.

I just wanted to say, the first thoughts that came to mind when reading the first article were, why do people care so much about something or someone that doesn't "look like them"? And why are people so quick to sensationalize something and form a mystery out of something that really could be nothing. If this woman wants people to know about what she's up to, if any, then she'll let people know. There's no reason for her to be floating on the internet, facebook groups, road side police interrogations or youtube. Let her be like you would like to be left to your own individuality.

my 2 cents

edit on 24-7-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Is there actually more than one? The sources seem content to just say it's that one person.

When I first read this, I immediately thought about the Christian bible book Revelation and the two witnesses. Maybe they are trying to emulate something of that nature.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Thank you OP and welcome. I am not religious by any means but I do see a clear fight for the very soul of every man,woman,child in the world.

I see things in terms of good and evil and evil is winning at this moment. Really take a good hard look and you will see just how evil almost everything has become. Media and music are controlled by this evil.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Interesting pics, TBH she looks like a white woman trying to cause a stir - dressing like a Muslim, wearing blackface, and claiming to work for the Pentagon.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

"That is a first and I'm a 42 year old. I have never seen anybody dressed like that or around here like that

Good lord.. Then she most be something mysterious. Let the woman be, Pansies, she won't hurt ya.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Intriguing to say the least but guess it gives isolated communities something to talk about lol. I really think that this is just some fringe religious group doing their bit - harmless.
Welcome to ATS from a kiwi.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Looking through the facebook pictures, she looks like she popped out of some cray cult.

Reminds me of the purple people cult in my neck of the woods. Dressed head to toe in weird, dark, same color garb.

This lady looks like she came from an environment outside our norms.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Looks like Mary Poppins joined the Taliban.

In all seriousness though, she just seems a travelling preacher to me.

A very interesting intro, welcome!

top topics

join