It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Ask Me To Be An Actor!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Don't ask me to be an actor! Just don't!!
You have to do things like stroking dogs or cats and letting dogs lick your face. eugh. or kissing women you have to pretend you are married to. gross.
working with snotty kids and sitting for hours having make up, costume and special effects put on you.
if i have to be an actor, if it was the only job i could do, then i would kill myself.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ok, you wont be asked to be an actor.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nephalim
Ok, you wont be asked to be an actor.

you can't guarantee that. you're not my boss!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

You said no, so no means no.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I would rather work in a rat infested sewer or sucked back in time to the dark ages and be the official royal torturer in a dungeon.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

We're all just playing parts

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

We're all just playing parts

yeah, it's bad enough as is. Imagine being given a script and having to learn your lines. all that reading and remembering things. Boring. So much better to just play computer games.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
You have to do things like stroking dogs or cats and letting dogs lick your face. eugh. or kissing women you have to pretend you are married to. gross.
working with snotty kids and sitting for hours having make up, costume and special effects put on you.
if i have to be an actor, if it was the only job i could do, then i would kill myself.

I don't think you have to worry.
I'm an actor, in the union [SAG/AFTRA] and it was a hard struggle of years of acting lessons, workshops, individual coaching by known actors, and community college classes.

That's just the beginning...
Then you have to work for free on student films, indy shorts, and doubling as crew for low budget BS productions and take every extra/background gig that comes along...
All the while hoping to hell you can get taft-hartlyed and get signed by an agent.

Then wait for your agent to send you on auditions, casting calls and get rejected on most of your auditions, like 9 out of 10.

Then when you do get a part it's days of studying to learn your lines in the script, endless rehearsals, wardrobe fittings and meetings with producers, directors, and low level ADs, stunt coordinators, etc.

The days of being "discovered" and being asked to be in films is long gone. It takes work to be in the craft.

I feel blessed to be in the movie community as both a SAG actor and IATSE crew and owning my own small production company making music videos, commercials, festival shorts and low budget features.

The money can be fantastic and sometimes you make ART. I'm extremely proud of my work in films; even my extra/background work in over 100 movies.

yeahright thinks I seek the lowest common denominator.....he wrong!!

taoistguy....I very much like your poetry and imagery ...Perhaps you could write screenplays. I use this....

www.celtx.com...
edit on 23-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I DEMAND YOU JOIN THE ACTORS GUILD!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
taoistguy , I know nothing about you and have not read this thread but...... I have this role in the movie I am making. That you would be perfect for.
edit on 23-7-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy

It is better to kiss a woman that you pretend to be married to than to marry a woman you pretend to kiss.

All the world is a stage, and every one an actor.

Now once more, with passion...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

You don't just ask to join....it's a process and you have to be taft-hartleyed into the union and in Cal. pay $3500. and biyearly dues.

Tamalewood rocks.....

greenfiretimes.com...
edit on 23-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You don't just ask to join....it's a process and you have to be taft-hartleyed into the union and in Cal. pay $3500. and biyearly dues.

Tamalewood rocks.....

greenfiretimes.com...

First rule of actors guild is you do not talk about actors guild!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Tamalewood rocks.....

greenfiretimes.com...

Maybe if you did not call it Tamalewood you would have more luck.

Nevermind just read your link lol.....My bad

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm going to join the Film Actors Guild so I can use the power of my acting to influence global politics.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In the words of the immortal bard .. All the worlds a stage .. and the men and woen are actors ..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

Don't mind the bit about " Kissing women you have to pretend you are married to " bit,
Seems o.k ! What's wrong with that ?

....Or even being naked in bed with them, pretending to have sex ...?

I can think of several actresses that...No, I'd better stop here....

p.s. I've always wondered, how does a male actor cuddle up to, or fake sex with an actress without becoming " Aroused " shall we say ? Maybe it's all C.G. I ?

....Or the fact there is a film crew present ?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Oh. I thought this thread would be about the pressures or manipulations of society or the people in your life to put on an act and be someone you aren't or to be "perfect".
NVM

new topics

top topics

join