It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmate's execution takes nearly TWO HOURS!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Personally speaking, I think people who prove themselves incapable of controlling their darkest, and most lethal impulses toward their fellow human beings, should be sedated, and their organs harvested, after which process the life support system which kept their body alive during the procedure, should be deactivated.

That's China's M.O. Of course their interpretation of "darkest impulses" is practicing certain religions or defying the government.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Too bad he didn't suffer longer. Should has been 22 hours. Let him choke on his own vomit and go into convulsions. An eye for an eye!

8th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

I guess you don't give a damn about your Constitution then?

Good to know.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DirtyD

Well, what I mean by darkest impulses, is the sort of malfunction which makes it impossible for a person to avoid killing their spouse or their ex, their children, or random people on the street. What I mean by darkest impulse, is the sort of impulse which "forces" a person to go out and murder handfuls of women. What I mean by darkest impulse, is the greed and stupidity which leads a gang banger or a mobster to arrange the deaths of his rivals.

I am not talking about political activism. I am talking about those who commit capital offenses against the person. There should be NO crime against the state which can gain one the death penalty, apart from those offenses committed by persons in power, as part of the government, against the people.

Frankly speaking, China's policy regarding these things is only wrong because of the arbitrary nature of their laws and legal system, and the sorts of offenses which can get a person killed there. As long as the only capital offenses on the books are those pertaining to murder of other individuals, then I see no problem what so ever with the harvesting option. Such a potential source of spare organs would force at least SOME good to come of the lives of the most dangerous, violent, and fundamentally inhuman members of society, as opposed to allowing them to contribute nothing but pain and suffering, followed by a drain on the resources of the nation.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If we kill them sadistically. We are no better then they are. What separates us from evil men is our morals. This needs to be fixed. This is abhorrent and if I was witnessing this murder I would have walked out in disgust. Putting someone to sleep I understand. Torturing them? You are no better then them.

edit on 24-7-2014 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Too bad he didn't suffer longer. Should has been 22 hours. Let him choke on his own vomit and go into convulsions. An eye for an eye!

That makes you no better than him!

Glad I dont live near you, I'd seriously be worried!

You have a funny outlook on this

You said

You WANT him to suffer longer - for 22 hours.
You want him to choke on his own vomit.
You want him to have convulsions.

and you think that I have a "funny outlook".

Pfft that's nothin compared to what the family suffered.... All executions should be brought my way I'll do it right. Plus it would save a lot of money

Sounds like we might have a future candidate here as we speak.

You sound dangerously happy about the idea of killing people

Take it from me. Unless you are a complete sociopath (or psychopath). There's nothing fun about it

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: knoledgeispower

It's because they have run out of the traditional formula for lethal injection.

This is what I don't get. Why not just put him under a massive dose of anesthesia and add an opiate overdose. Mission accomplished. Don't see why there is such a problem with this.

Yeah, it's not like our country is going to run out of opiates any time soon. lol

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DirtyD
a reply to: lovebeck

Seems the cheapest and most humane method would be a bullet to the back of the head. That being said I am completely against the death penalty. All these fancy gasses and injections are just means to deny culpability, no one wants to take credit for being the executioner. What does that say about the morality of these barbarous acts?

Firing squads fix that. In a firing squad, there is only one real bullet and all the rest are blanks. That way no single person in the firing squad knows that they killed the person. The odds are against it as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DirtyD
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Pfft that's nothin compared to what the family suffered.... All executions should be brought my way I'll do it right. Plus it would save a lot of money

Tough talk. I'm willing to bet you'd throw up and s**t your pants at the very opportunity. Or perhaps you are no better than those you wish to kill.

I'm willing to bet I haven't.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Take it from me... When they deserve it their is a lot of fun about it. No details but in have experienced it and street justice is sweet as Apple pie...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I don´t get all this playing around with chemicals when executing a person.
Some said that a bullet is cheaper.
A syringe full of air is even more so, and the end result is the same.
edit on 24-7-2014 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Take it from me... When they deserve it their is a lot of fun about it. No details but in have experienced it and street justice is sweet as Apple pie...

You either are full of bs and have no idea what you are talking about. Or are a candidate for the next serial killer....

My guess is you are just trying to come off as someone you are not. The way you talk about it like it's a game and like it's no big deal leads me to believe you've never been in a situation where u have to take a life...

Again. No one but a sadistic killer or someone who has no idea what they are talking about would speak like this

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Are you seriously admitting to having tortured and/or killed someone in some form of 'street justice'? Seriously?

Methinks you need to be in prison.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Some might argue that confining a person in a cell for a long period of time is cruel.

There are many slippery slopes in the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think people are missing a key point here.

He would not have suffered.

It only appeared he suffered.

He was executed using a cocktail of benzodiazepines and Hydro Morphine. He would not have been aware of what was happening. He would have been in happy fairy land.

He died in a way I and you could only have dreamed of. Most of us will die of cancer in a drawn out death over months or pissing ourself with a stroke or in agony of a heart attack.

2 hours in a Morphine and Benzo induced bliss? Thats a sweat way to go.

Sure to the outsider it appeared he was suffering but trust me medically he would not have been aware of anything.

He died the same way a heroine addict would die. Unaware of the world and in a state of Euphoria.
edit on 24-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
I think that you are absolutely correct.
It would be a hell of a lot cheaper for the government to OD the condemned with a hot needle of heroin and no complaints should be heard about the cruelty of it all.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I think people are missing a key point here.

He would not have suffered.

It only appeared he suffered.

He was executed using a cocktail of benzodiazepines and Hydro Morphine. He would not have been aware of what was happening. He would have been in happy fairy land.

He died in a way I and you could only have dreamed of. Most of us will die of cancer in a drawn out death over months or pissing ourself with a stroke or in agony of a heart attack.

2 hours in a Morphine and Benzo induced bliss? Thats a sweat way to go.

Sure to the outsider it appeared he was suffering but trust me medically we would not have been aware of anything.

He died the same way a heroine addict would die. Unaware of the world and in a state of Euphoria.

So you know this for absolute certain do you? Can you provide a link to a source which states that this has been tested and proven? Or perhaps are you speaking from personal experience of having been executed?

Didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

No I don't talk bs idk what you're on about if you really want to call me out or find out personal info PM me. Other than that you are talking out of your ass. I have no pitty for murderers of innocent people that's it. If you do, good for you but don't knock me for my beliefs.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Are you seriously admitting to having tortured and/or killed someone in some form of 'street justice'? Seriously?

Methinks you need to be in prison.

Don't worry about what I've done. This isn't about me I'm just saying justice is deserved where it's deserved.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
I know what the pain of a 1 inch kidney stone lodged in the renal pelvis is like, consequently, I know what it is like to be jacked up on Demerol. There's no pain. If they give you too much, you go night-night... a little more, dirt nap.

No pain... no consciousness.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

No I don't talk bs idk what you're on about if you really want to call me out or find out personal info PM me. Other than that you are talking out of your ass. I have no pitty for murderers of innocent people that's it. If you do, good for you but don't knock me for my beliefs.

I'm not knocking you off of anything. I'm saying that anyone who takes that much glee in killing someone has some serious issues.

And if you are being truthful then you are admitting to what amounts to murder....

There is a rule of law
This mans sentence was carried about through the rule of law. But I'm sure the men who strap him down take no pleasure in it

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join