It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just incase your thread attracts a 'mod'....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hi.

So you created a thread all your own and everything is going as planned until .....duh,duh,dah. A "mod" joins the discussion.

At this point most people will be on their best behaviour but if you don't intervene it could lead to the mod commandeering your thread.

How to prevent a mod from attacking is very complicated.

Stroke the mod and compliment them.

The best defences are creating a boring thread, (just like this thread), or ignoring the mod.

The last thing you want to do is anger a mod!!!! When they are angry mods are reported to act irrationally and lash out at unsuspecting victims.

P.S. - Don't feed the mods!
edit on 23-7-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Got spanked huh? lol

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hey minusinfinity!

Sorry, but I just had to, lol.
(I like it when the Mods participate...but hey, I'm kinda weird!)

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

This is completely off base.
It will be moved to the rant section no doubt.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Those pussy cats?
Never had a problem...read the T&C and you'll be fine.

I have talked to a lot of sweet people that were mods...don't be so concerned unless you break the T&C.

edit on 23-7-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Lmao.. so scary huh ? They are just people like everyone else here. But guess what there are most likely more rules for mods what they can or cannot say, they have to be somewhat neutral to conversation ( mods that sux sometimes right ? )
I don´t think you need to fear them, if they have different opinion its their right and sure you need to know how to behave anyway.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
the mods were one of us once...and for the most part, they still are. the rules apply to them just as much as anyone here. they are not exempt or special. in fact, they probably have it worse than us because they have to deal with all the backstage BS that we are blissfully unaware of. complaints, questions, technical difficulties, babysitting, etc.
edit on 23-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

How to prevent a mod from attacking is very complicated

If ya just learn proper use of psyops & propaganda techniques discussed in the deconstructing disinformation forum ,ya wouldnt have any problem dealing with the Mods..

but you must act quickly,, they are relentless,,& will soon return from the Bigfoot rescue mission.
edit on 23-7-2014 by Hoaxster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think most mods here are experimental A.I being run in Springer's office.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
I think most mods here are experimental A.I being run in Springer's office.

Jerry Springer's office? You mean, like throwing chairs and pulling hair?

Nah, I'm just playing!

Since I started reading here, I've seen quite a few members that I liked/admired...turn into Mods at some point. I usually recognize and "know" them somewhat now, and usually tend to think that they are good candidates.

Would I want to be one? Hell no! I can't imagine how I would hold myself back from banning so many annoying members, lol. I seriously strain myself at times to be as diplomatic as possible...unless I'm just trying to be funny.
I think it would be SO stressful, and would likely take the fun out of 'just being a member'.
I want it to stay fun for me, so I'm grateful that they are willing to deal with all the crap.

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Being an adult and getting your wrist slapped is never fun. Your anger will fade and you will live to post another day.

Trust me....

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Our chalk, their board.
I have said this before.
ATS is strictly an entertainment website designed to hopefully generate money.
Learn this and have fun with it.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Mods aren't allowed to moderate the threads they participate in so they are no different from anyone else. Just keep this in mind and reply to them the same way you reply to anyone else that's what I do.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
All mods are actually grown from vats on an island similar to the one that creates the babes on Fox News.

Except on Mod Island, they are beaten with irate ferrets until they develop the ability to link with a computer with just their mind.

True story!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Mods aren't allowed to moderate the threads they participate in so they are no different from anyone else. Just keep this in mind and reply to them the same way you reply to anyone else that's what I do.

I thought mods were supposed to have a little yellow dash line around their post when expressing a personal opinion.

I only see that very seldom. Or is my imagination playing tricks on me again?

Anyway I can't afford to lose anymore star points by arguing with a mod, I'm saving mine for a pony!!
edit on 23-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Aw.

If one does not like being moved, played with, and tossed around like swiss cheese. Learn by filling in the holes in your posts! Or pull out the Special Pen one can buy on ATS, opp's! E bay for now.

That's what I needed to do anyways! Stay away from doom unless one has pretty pictures, notes, storylines that match. Just because you actually seen it does not mean its Real anymore! Yet later after a few weeks, someone else will Continue your story for you.

Just stay calm, everything is just fine. Although one does wonder what actually Goes Through a Mods Mind at times! I'm Special Case # 2675-4! Might have crossed the line here and then; Sorry Mods! Some seem to ask for it though.

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Welcome to the world of adults. We all have a difference of opinion (you know we all have one). It is a battle scar and should be born proudly. Chin up. You have joined an elite group of free thinkers.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity
Hi.

So you created a thread all your own and everything is going as planned until .....duh,duh,dah. A "mod" joins the discussion.

Great. I look at it as either a seasoned poster or another member to join in on the discussion. Allowing a little bias though, many members respect the mods opinions as a member and can really boost your thread.

At this point most people will be on their best behaviour but if you don't intervene it could lead to the mod commandeering your thread.

Why? Unless you do something outside the T&Cs you have nothing to fear from a Mod. Disagreeing with a Mod is not likely to earn you their wrath or ire, especially if said disagreement is done in the spirit of healthy debate.

How to prevent a mod from attacking is very complicated.

Stay within the site rules and don't attack personally (which goes for all members). Seems pretty obvious to me....

Stroke the mod and compliment them.

While I'm certain there are some Mods out there that stroking would illicit a response (ever scratched a dog's belly??), I'm pretty sure most Mods aren't looking for your approval, much less any ego-stroking...

The best defences are creating a boring thread, (just like this thread), or ignoring the mod.

So no matter whether a Mod has something valid to say or not, you should ignore them regardless because they have some special name under their username?

The last thing you want to do is anger a mod!!!! When they are angry mods are reported to act irrationally and lash out at unsuspecting victims.

Actually the last thing you want to do is go outside the T&Cs and have a Mod remove your post. All the rest I'd be safe to say. I've had some brilliant debates with mods and super mods over the years simply by disagreeing with their opinion on something.

P.S. - Don't feed the mods!

I've seen a (very) quick glimpse in the Mod lounge. Trust me, they don't require us feeding them....

OK, in all seriousness though, I don't know why people panic when they see a Mod or an Admin show up in their thread. To me it shows some of the longer term members have taken an interest enough in your thread to post in it, and really that is how we should view Mods, as members first.

When a Mod wants to appear officially, correcting or issuing a warning, it's usually pretty obvious in the posting they are there officially by what they post.

It's ok, you can come out from behind the rock now. The evil Overlords are gone....

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Except on Mod Island, they are beaten with irate ferrets until they develop the ability to link with a computer with just their mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Mods are regular people behind a computer screen, they #, piss, eat, cry, laugh, love and die like the rest of us. Just because they can remove you off of a forum does not mean you should give them respect. Respect is earned

top topics

<<   2 >>

join