It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Chief: ‘Almost All’ Unaccompanied Alien Children Are Smuggled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't exactly understand what this is supposed to mean, but the DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson says that most "Unaccompanied Alien Children Are Smuggled" into the U.S. and are not coming "on their own".

Hmmm.

Not understanding his point except it being a possible "excuse" to grant amnesty or refugee status ??

And the whole operation could be a major money collecting scam by South-of-the-Border professional con artists.

But I think Obama LLC has a big hand in this debacle as well.

More than one agenda involved here I think.

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said on Tuesday that the majority of children who arrive at the U.S. Mexico border without parents are brought there by human smugglers.

“Almost all of them are smuggled, Johnson said at a press conference at Immigration and Customs Protection (ICE) headquarters in Washington, D.C.

CNSNews.com asked Johnson if he had statistics about how many of the more than 57,000 unaccompanied minors – mostly from Central America – streaming across the border in recent months were brought there by human traffickers.

DHS Chief: ‘Almost All’ Unaccompanied Alien Children Are Smuggled – ‘Nobody’s Freelancing’

Please read the whole article for accuracy's sake.

edit on Jul-23-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Darn right, being smuggled right in the government of the United States.

And what does it matter how they arrive, if they're allowed to stay? The DHS guy's mouth is moving but all I hear is a bunch of irrelevancy.
edit on 7/23/14 by Ameilia because: spelling!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I take it to mean what I have believed all along. The "unaccompanied" children were accompanied on their trip. This is pretty obvious...does anyone actually believe that 7, 8, 9 year old kids are making the trip from Honduras or Guatemala up through Mexico to arrive at the US border all by themselves? That's a load of crap.

I question the motivations of those who would have us believe that load of manure.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

I take it to mean what I have believed all along. The "unaccompanied" children were accompanied on their trip. This is pretty obvious...does anyone actually believe that 7, 8, 9 year old kids are making the trip from Honduras or Guatemala up through Mexico to arrive at the US border all by themselves? That's a load of crap.

I question the motivations of those who would have us believe that load of manure.

I don't think anyone is asking you to believe that the children are making a journey from Guatemala to the U.S. border by themselves. I think it's obvious that coyotes are hired to take the children. many of those parents stuck paying the debt for such a trip by agreeing to work for the cartels until such time as the debt is paid. So, for many of these families, the price is the death of the parents, ultimately.

They are unaccompanied (meaning not with an adult relative) as they cross the border into the United States.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Excellent! I did not know about the cartel connection. I did know that supposedly the cost the coyotes were charging was said to be 4-5k dollars and I also (having lived in Central America for 5 years) knew that was out of reach of the avg person or family there...

Thanks for filling in the holes.

new topics

top topics

join