It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LR Air Force Base On Lockdown (Little Rock)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mythos13

I found this on a media report site,

First a reported tweet from the base...

Alyssa Raymond ✔ @AlyssaRaymond
Follow

Spoke to a woman who lives on base. She got a vm about the lockdown saying "this is not an exercise." #THV11

This towards the bottom of the article...

After reports of military aircraft being seen at Clinton National Airport, THV11 reached out to spokesman Shane Carter to see if this was related to the lockdown. He said the airport has three C130s at the airport at this time, and they're expecting three more.

Carter said the pilots don't often tell the tower why they are landing, but he said it is unusual for military planes to stay and hold, which is what they are doing at this time.
www.thv11.com...

That's a LOT of people in 6 C-130's Each AC holds 72 geared troops or 92 passengers.

Wonder if any of them speak English. Wonder if the lock down is related....

Des

edit on 23-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: g146541

Why do you refer to them as idiots?

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If there's no bad news by now

This is the most scary part as I see it.
Better any news than no news at all.
IMO of course.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

More than likely to keep the area divoid of any distractions and to prevent a plain from landing on any one.
Or to keep said person from blowing up a multimillion dollar peace of hardware. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Thanks for asking that because I was just about to ask the same thing...

I agree that they should be armed to protect us and their own, but why refer to them as idiots..?

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Des,

LRAFB is a training ground for C-130's. they fly training runs out of there every day, no troops, no cargo, just the flight crews. I am pretty sure the planes that were diverted to the airport were in the air doing training runs when the lockdown was initiated.

Yes, they do speak English...they are the USAF...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

edit on 23-7-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

Thanks for asking that because I was just about to ask the same thing...

I agree that they should be armed to protect us and their own, but why refer to them as idiots..?

-SAP-

# 3 here ~~~

Wanting to ask the same question.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification on the C-130 training grounds and runs. I was wondering if they may be being used to transport refugees from the border.

So, you are saying they were diverted to the commercial airport, while the base is on lock down.

I'm surprised there is no further info regarding the base. It's been some time now.

Des

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I am guaranteed that I stand a chance at not being a victim because I practice my rights, the 2A specifically.
Only an idiot agrees to be defenseless or agree that someone else will protect them just fine.

(Edit)

Real question here.
If the US were invaded and bases were infiltrated, how could we ever defend the US with a locked down base?
Like I said, we trust these boys to die for us, should we not allow them their goddess given rights?
edit on 23-7-2014 by g146541 because: defense

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I can agree to that.

But no need to call the servicemen and women idiots though...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Correct, they do training runs...and have for as long as i can remember. I live about 30 miles from the base, and every couple of days their flight path goes over my place. Usually in groups of 3-6

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful
Fair enough, I will change the word in the post from idiots to fools.
2nd.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mythos13

Correct, they do training runs...and have for as long as i can remember. I live about 30 miles from the base, and every couple of days their flight path goes over my place. Usually in groups of 3-6

I get them way below the hard deck over my mountain home in the gap, probably about 300 AG...they come out of Hulbert AFB in FL, a C-130 Special Ops Base....shakes my whole damn house. They are shooting the gap below the peaks...can't hear them coming until they are on top of us..

Des

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

I am guaranteed that I stand a chance at not being a victim because I practice my rights, the 2A specifically.
Only an idiot agrees to be defenseless or agree that someone else will protect them just fine.

(Edit)

Real question here.
If the US were invaded and bases were infiltrated, how could we ever defend the US with a locked down base?
Like I said, we trust these boys to die for us, should we not allow them their goddess given rights?

Still not sure why they are idiots?
Would you quit your job if your boss told you no guns on company property or are you going to be a good idiot and keep your job?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Well while the civilians will be running for their livings.

Military servicemen running towards danger.

That is their JOBS.
I suppose they all have sticks in their hand for protection. I think you mean military police are running toward the danger. The thought that a base is any more secure nowdays than the public is has been negated by all weapons being stored in the armory under lock and key. perhaps a group has taken control of the armory.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone
Does not apply, self employed plumbers can carry whatever they want in their vans.
I never met the cop who wanted to search my van either, too yucky for pristine hands, and a dog would be wholly ineffective as well.
If you do need a straight answer, yes I would quit my job if my boss attempted to dictate my rights to me.
I do have an employable short demand skill though.
Most people are too much of a sissy to get their hands that brand of dirty.

But the real issue is people who have written a blank check for up to and including their lives not being trusted to practice their rights, don't you think?

I have also changed the wording from idiots to fools.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Lockdown at Little Rock Air Force Base lifted
www.thv11.com...

No details nor explanation. I'm sure all base personnel and their families are relieved.

Des

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Great news. Thanks for the update Des.

Wonder if they will ever say what caused them to go on lockdown?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

From experience, a military installation will run through their checklists on a listed situation. If that checklist states to lockdown, they will comply.

Most bases are a gun free zone, but bases with a large base housing population will usually allow weapons on base. Some even let you reload ammo..just need to inform the base fire department when doing so.

Military aircraft will divert to the nearest safe area. If they can make it to another base, good. Most times it'll be the local civilian airport.

No need to jump to conclusions.

Any update on this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join