It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LR Air Force Base On Lockdown (Little Rock)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mythos13

The joke is that a military base is on lockdown over a suspicious person, a freaking military base.

Are they not trained men and women in the military??

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

LRAFB also has many civilians working there, as well as an extension of the state college.

Have you not heard the term "Better safe than sorry?"

edit on 7/23/2014 by Mythos13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Well while the civilians will be running for their livings.

Military servicemen running towards danger.

That is their JOBS.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes, and the base went on lockdown, so they could search the entire bases, buildings and vehicles...Rather than ignoring it, and possibly something leave the base and harm someone...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't understand why people would choose to terrorize a military base. That's like robbing a gun store. SMH

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ah lighten up, Mythos, it's just a little humor in the midst of no updates. I live near MacDill AFB in the Tampa area, it's been under lockdown a few times. No one pearl-clutched & worried themselves into a tizzy down here < shrug >

Something tells me this will end up being a non-event. If there's no bad news by now, there likely won't be at any point.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 59demon

Not quite.

Gun Laws at Military Installations

Military installations are technically “gun free” zones meaning that military and civilian personnel are prohibited from possessing weapons without special authorization. This policy includes those living on military bases who are not allowed to keep personal weapons in their domiciles. Regulation 90-114 regulates firearms on military bases and was implemented by President Clinton in 1993.

Law enforcement and security personnel are authorized to carry weapons consistent with their duties by field grade officers-- or the civilian equivalent--of GS-12 or higher. Authorization for carrying a weapon for personal protection is based on case-by-case basis. The Secretary of the Army reserves the right to authorize the carrying of weapons for personal protection within the United States. The carrying of weapons on military installations outside of United States is authorized by the base commanders.

link

edit on 23-7-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It amazes me how de-sensitized people here have become.

Why should people freakout over what happens at military bases ?

They are after all suppose to be the most SECURE places in this country.

I've always wondered that as well. Because of what happened at Fort Hood?

Most guns + most trained personal = Most secure, or at least one would think anyhow.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am not worried, i live far enough away if anything did happen i wouldn't be hurt.

But i am tired of people bitching about a base not doing anything to prevent people getting hurt, and then when a base actually does something...people bitch about that too.

I am seriously starting to question why i even bother with ats anymore....seems like in order to have a conversation you have to be a moron or a jew hater....otherwise everyone is against you.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

After reports of military aircraft being seen at Clinton National Airport, THV11 reached out to spokesman Shane Carter to see if this was related to the lockdown. He said the airport has three C130s at the airport at this time, and they're expecting three more.

Carter said the pilots don't often tell the tower why they are landing, but he said it is unusual for military planes to stay and hold, which is what they are doing at this time.

link

That's interesting...6 C130's holding. Sounds like they expect something big or a lot of something smaller to be shifted out of the area soon.

Wonder what they expect to be moving so soon after a lock-down, that needs up to 6 C130's to do the job?

edit on 23-7-2014 by MysterX because: formatting

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

Not when the personnel have been disarmed.

2nd

edit on 23-7-2014 by shaolin_dragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Or you could just have a logical argument backed up with facts, like most of ATS does.

Just don't get offended at what other people think, because everyone has a opinion and you are not always going to agree with it. Just convey your thoughts in a respectful manner.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaolin_dragon

2nd

But they haven't been (as of yet?), and still you can't disarm them of their training... Most soldiers are deadly weapons even without a firearm or weapon.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

After reports of military aircraft being seen at Clinton National Airport, THV11 reached out to spokesman Shane Carter to see if this was related to the lockdown. He said the airport has three C130s at the airport at this time, and they're expecting three more.

Carter said the pilots don't often tell the tower why they are landing, but he said it is unusual for military planes to stay and hold, which is what they are doing at this time.

link

That's interesting...6 C130's holding. Sounds like they expect something big or a lot of something smaller to be shifted out of the area soon.

Wonder what they expect to be moving so soon after a lock-down, that needs up to 6 C130's to do the job?

What?

The C-130's were probably making routine stop-offs or flights to the base and they were diverted until the lockdown is over.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I took that to mean the C130's can't land at the AFB so they are landing at the
local airport instead.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

originally posted by: shaolin_dragon

2nd

But they haven't been (as of yet?), and still you can't disarm them of their training... Most soldiers are deadly weapons even without a firearm or weapon.

-SAP-

MrLimpet above, posted the gun regs for military installations. Only authorized personnel are allowed to carry while on base. And from what I'm told by some of my relatives in the military, those are few and far between.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

originally posted by: neo96

It amazes me how de-sensitized people here have become.

Why should people freakout over what happens at military bases ?

They are after all suppose to be the most SECURE places in this country.

I've always wondered that as well. Because of what happened at Fort Hood?

Most guns + most trained personal = Most secure, or at least one would think anyhow.

-SAP-

I dunno what happened.

Military bases use to be the most secure.

Now I guess it's police stations as I have never heard of a 'mass shooting' or 'lockdown' at one.

Something wrong with that picture.

Perhaps because they ALL CARRY GUNS unlike military bases of today.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

I see your points guys.

But wouldn't the C130's just divert to the next nearest base instead of parking at a civilian airport?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shaolin_dragon

That makes absolutely no sense at all...

Really really sad...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
With all of these poor disarmed fools on our military bases cowering behind their desks anytime the wind changes...
If an opposing force ever wanted to shut the US military down, all they would have to do is put 1 terrorist on each base it seems.
I wonder who else ever thought about this same idea.
Maybe we should allow those who have sworn their allegiance and blood to us, to be able to defend themselves and their fellow Americans.
edit on 23-7-2014 by g146541 because: trading idiots for fools since 1776. Mericuh

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join